Killing time during the apocalypse

Hey guys I haven't posted here in forever but I found a site that does print on demand and I have uploaded a few custom Jets designs with more on the way. Let me know what you think or if you have any projects like this. They have a couple designs on sale since they are new. $13/shirt! Please give some feedback even if it is "get lost, why are you posting this garbage".

https://www.teepublic.com/user/dragon-sales-designs

8658483_1.jpg

8658723_0.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

First post in 10 years, he let's sell some shirts lol.

Sorry, I have been a member here for 15 years. I don't post a lot and I am doing this for fun and wanted some feedback. Figured you guys might appreciate the Namath.

33 minutes ago, Trades said:

Sorry, I have been a member here for 15 years. I don't post a lot and I am doing this for fun and wanted some feedback. Figured you guys might appreciate the Namath.

We technically we can't get involved in shirt sales when there are copyright issues.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Here is how I am killing time, I did another 'Build something from junk' project.

My neighbour across the alley had an old out door fire pit frame they had thrown out but the garbage people refuse to take this type of thing so thus outside it sat behind their house all winter.  I took it this spring after it had thawed out of ice and then took some of my home depot dumpster pallete wood and made a coffee table out of it.

Before and after photos below.

NFtkoYK.jpg

EINDT8x.jpg

7dSNfAr.jpg

Dude, you're talented.  I can't dream of how you would even start on something like that.  Beautiful job.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Dude, you're talented.  I can't dream of how you would even start on something like that.  Beautiful job.  

Oh I still make plenty of mistakes, I am far from a master at this but it is fun.  I've made about 4 or 5 things essentially from scrap wood and such.  One goal of my projects is to try and make each thing easy to take apart.  For instance you can lift the top off this table because i used those small wood straps.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, NJ said:

Necessity is absolutely the mother of invention.

Adding to the post about NJ golf courses opening - likewise in Illinois along with some pretty ridiculous restrictions. Instead of stipulating the course must wipe down the handles of pull carts - they mandate you cant rent them at all and you must have a handicap parking sticker to rent a riding cart. 

This created the next hot run of the epidemic after TP and isopropyl alcohol - golf pull carts. Couldn't get one under $400 till mid summer. So viola - last weeks Scotts fertilizer spreader, a $40 trip to Home Depot and about 10 hours in my workshop downstairs became my new golf pull cart. Replete with basket that holds a chair as they have banned using benches on the course and my medicare recipient old ass needs to sit. Have 4 rounds in since 5/1.  

golf cart.JPG

Engineering change #3 - extended wheelbase for stability and replaced the spreader wheels with greased bearing tires.

9 rounds in so far.

Rev 3 w.JPG

• Sympathy 1

• 4 weeks later...