Signed former Ravens linebacker

11 minutes ago, jetsons said:

yes...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article239940438.html

50 Darron Lee LB 6-1 232 Ohio State

Fourth-year pro won a ring in first season with Chiefs after being traded by Jets. Played in all 16 regular-season games, starting 2 and recording 31 tackles.

Sometimes you just step in good sh!+

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SpankyJohnson said:

Patrick Onwuasor per Ian Rappaport

Dont know enough about him

He can rush the passer and is aggressive being around the ball a lot they said. In 2018 he did well at weak side LB with at least 6 sacks so we should unleash him off the edge as he is slightly less than 230 lbs and hopefully can cause some havoc. Need to draft an Edge rusher also in the top 3 rounds.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, British Jet said:

Fairly sure the Ravens wanted to bring him back, so he might not be terrible. 
In JD we trust. 

Ravens fan friend of mine.  Knows his stuff:

He was so bad last year as an every down LB that his play pretty much led them to signing Bynes and Fort after 4 games, those guys immediately saw more play than him and were a substantial upgrade.

He was better when he was playing with Mosley so there is a good chance he is at least decent for the Jets.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Ravens fan friend of mine.  Knows his stuff:

He was so bad last year as an every down LB that his play pretty much led them to signing Bynes and Fort after 4 games, those guys immediately saw more play than him and were a substantial upgrade.

He was better when he was playing with Mosley so there is a good chance he is at least decent for the Jets.

Id rather keep Williamson

I see Greg W getting creative and putting him on the outside as a pass rusher. He has the speed, and the smaller size - bigger than a safety, smaller than a DE/prototypical OLB - frees him up to be sent from anywhere on the line and get to the pocket quickly.

It sounds to me from what I've read that he was fine before Mosely left, and he was Peter Principled into a role he could not handle. He is still a good tackler. Jenkins/Mosely/Williamson/this guy, with others rotating into the mix, sounds like a good LB core. He role could be what Darren Lee might have filled had Lee had any balls, toughness or skill.

Leave the draft pick for another edge rusher until next year, when better ones might be available, and our needs at WR/OL etc., are less acute.

• Upvote 1