Jets Big 4 vs. Chiefs Big 4

Doing QB, top 2 WR and top TE, instead of the big 3 (QB, RB, WR) as that metric seems outdated in this pass-happy NFL era. Not set in stone as apparently Watkins is headed outta KC, and the Jets will be adding a talented WR. But definitely sobering:

Darnold, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon

Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Kelce

One hopes Perriman stays healthy and is the player he was those last 5-6 games Tampa '19 - and not who he was the prior 3 plus seasons. Hope is always a good way to build a team.

TE: obviously has become a premium position. KC, SF, NE, Philly - most recent SB participants have had a very good - great TE. Maybe if the '18 Rams had an elite TE like Gronkowski making a huge play late, they're the ones win the Super Bowl. I've seen some mocks having the Jets taking a TE day 1 - fine by me if the Jets pick up an extra day 1 pick, and the value is there. Herndon and another TE weapon could be interesting.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

He really showed a lot of promise in 2018 but the suspension and the injury basically kept him off the field all of 2019. So if he plays I have confidence in him but he needs to prove himself again

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Doing QB, top 2 WR and top TE, instead of the big 3 (QB, RB, WR) as that metric seems outdated in this pass-happy NFL era. Not set in stone as apparently Watkins is headed outta KC, and the Jets will be adding a talented WR. But definitely sobering:

Darnold, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon

Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Kelce

One hopes Perriman stays healthy and is the player he was those last 5-6 games Tampa '19 - and not who he was the prior 3 plus seasons. Hope is always a good way to build a team.

TE: obviously has become a premium position. KC, SF, NE, Philly - most recent SB participants have had a very good - great TE. Maybe if the '18 Rams had an elite TE like Gronkowski making a huge play late, they're the ones win the Super Bowl. I've seen some mocks having the Jets taking a TE day 1 - fine by me if the Jets pick up an extra day 1 pick, and the value is there. Herndon and another TE weapon could be interesting.

I would have started the list at HC.?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Griffin is going to be the starter,  not Herndon. They didn't pay Griffin then guaranteed 2021 for him to be a backup.  I wouldn't be shocked if Herndon is traded with Griffin, Brown and Wesco already on the roster. 

Herndon as part of a package to Washington for Trent Williams would make a ton of sense if that's the route they choose. Washington has a huge hole at TE.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

I've seen some mocks having the Jets taking a TE day 1 - fine by me if the Jets pick up an extra day 1 pick,

Day 1 pick at te? Hell no! day 1 is 1st round no te  in this class is worth the 11th over all or a 1st round pick from us 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not remotely?

Yeah, better than that

He had a nice rookie season, nothing amazing all with a bad haircut

Got suspended for Substance abuse 

Got hurt the week before his suspension was lifted 

Is there hope maybe. But nothing that gives me any confidence, if anything I’m more excited about Griffin 

4 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

wow.  everyone is talking about how good Herndon is or not.  Am I the only one here who saw that comment and would be royally pi$$ed if the Jets took a TE with their #11 pick?  My God just the thought makes me ill!!!

There is a less than zero percent chance of a TE being selected at 11.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He had a nice rookie season, nothing amazing all with a bad haircut

Got suspended for Substance abuse 

Got hurt the week before his suspension was lifted 

Is there hope maybe. But nothing that gives me any confidence, if anything I’m more excited about Griffin 

Getting suspended has nothing to do with his play at TE.  Anymore than getting injured has anything to do with it.

I thought you asked about him as a player

6 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

wow.  everyone is talking about how good Herndon is or not.  Am I the only one here who saw that comment and would be royally pi$$ed if the Jets took a TE with their #11 pick?  My God just the thought makes me ill!!!

What are you talking about?  No tight ends are going in the first round, let alone at 11.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

not in the least ....people are counting hi m as a "weapon"...

dude cant stay on the field...   same thing happened with Q...

same folks who dis RA for being a solid 2/3 WR... smh

• Upvote 1

A tight end may not be selected in the 1st, but Chase Claypool has been pushed up into the late 1st round of mock drafts and was a candidate to make the switch from receiver to tight end.  Not saying this is the way the Jets should go, but a team drafting late in the 1st may draft him, intending to line him up as a tight end.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jethead said:

So what team has a big 4 that is even close? Saints?

Brees, Thomas, Kamara (if healthy) and Cook are probably the closest you get to KC's weapons.  Very good call.  I can't think of another team that's even near to as good as the Saints, let alone KC.   I guess if I could convince myself that Prescott wasn't just an above-average QB I'd say DAL was pretty close with Zeke, Cooper and Gallup.  Am I missing anyone?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

You're not alone.  What has he done exactly other than flash?  Two injury plagued season's, a suspension and a draft day slide. That's what he is. 

The potential is there, but we wouldn't have locked up two more TE's in addition to a rookie if herndon was a sure thing. At least that's my take. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not sold on anyone on the Jets offense.

(Besides Crowder but being sold on him doesn’t necessarily do much. He is what he is. Solid young vet)

Dude... Vyncint Smith had that catch and run. Come on!   You guys are just never happy. ;-) 

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Griffin is going to be the starter,  not Herndon. They didn't pay Griffin then guaranteed 2021 for him to be a backup.  I wouldn't be shocked if Herndon is traded with Griffin, Brown and Wesco already on the roster. 

Herndon as part of a package to Washington for Trent Williams would make a ton of sense if that's the route they choose. Washington has a huge hole at TE.

Why is everyone so ready to give assets, herndon aside,  and pay Trent Williams $18-$20 mil when he hasn't played a full season in 6 years?  That guy scares the hell out of me. Especially after he showed he'll happily sit at home if he's not happy about something. Seems like he has the potential to find an issue to complain about if he's got some good old fashioned guaranteed cash in the bank. 

Is it the zero sacks given up over his entire career?   LMAO!!!