Jump to content
JetsLife

Jets Big 4 vs. Chiefs Big 4

Recommended Posts

Doing QB, top 2 WR and top TE, instead of the big 3 (QB, RB, WR) as that metric seems outdated in this pass-happy NFL era. Not set in stone as apparently Watkins is headed outta KC, and the Jets will be adding a talented WR. But definitely sobering:

Darnold, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon

Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Kelce

One hopes Perriman stays healthy and is the player he was those last 5-6 games Tampa '19 - and not who he was the prior 3 plus seasons. Hope is always a good way to build a team.

TE: obviously has become a premium position. KC, SF, NE, Philly - most recent SB participants have had a very good - great TE. Maybe if the '18 Rams had an elite TE like Gronkowski making a huge play late, they're the ones win the Super Bowl. I've seen some mocks having the Jets taking a TE day 1 - fine by me if the Jets pick up an extra day 1 pick, and the value is there. Herndon and another TE weapon could be interesting.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

He hasn’t proven anything yet but has potential 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

No, I think Gase and JD are in the same boat. He better grow up fast, or he'll be gone.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

He really showed a lot of promise in 2018 but the suspension and the injury basically kept him off the field all of 2019. So if he plays I have confidence in him but he needs to prove himself again

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Doing QB, top 2 WR and top TE, instead of the big 3 (QB, RB, WR) as that metric seems outdated in this pass-happy NFL era. Not set in stone as apparently Watkins is headed outta KC, and the Jets will be adding a talented WR. But definitely sobering:

Darnold, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon

Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Kelce

One hopes Perriman stays healthy and is the player he was those last 5-6 games Tampa '19 - and not who he was the prior 3 plus seasons. Hope is always a good way to build a team.

TE: obviously has become a premium position. KC, SF, NE, Philly - most recent SB participants have had a very good - great TE. Maybe if the '18 Rams had an elite TE like Gronkowski making a huge play late, they're the ones win the Super Bowl. I've seen some mocks having the Jets taking a TE day 1 - fine by me if the Jets pick up an extra day 1 pick, and the value is there. Herndon and another TE weapon could be interesting.

 

I would have started the list at HC.😁

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

I'm holding out hope ... Definitely not sold.

Last years disappearing act didn't help.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

Not remotely?

Yeah, better than that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

Griffin is going to be the starter,  not Herndon. They didn't pay Griffin then guaranteed 2021 for him to be a backup.  I wouldn't be shocked if Herndon is traded with Griffin, Brown and Wesco already on the roster. 

Herndon as part of a package to Washington for Trent Williams would make a ton of sense if that's the route they choose. Washington has a huge hole at TE.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

 I've seen some mocks having the Jets taking a TE day 1 - fine by me if the Jets pick up an extra day 1 pick,

Day 1 pick at te? Hell no! day 1 is 1st round no te  in this class is worth the 11th over all or a 1st round pick from us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not remotely?

Yeah, better than that

He had a nice rookie season, nothing amazing all with a bad haircut

Got suspended for Substance abuse 

Got hurt the week before his suspension was lifted 
 

Is there hope maybe. But nothing that gives me any confidence, if anything I’m more excited about Griffin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow.  everyone is talking about how good Herndon is or not.  Am I the only one here who saw that comment and would be royally pi$$ed if the Jets took a TE with their #11 pick?  My God just the thought makes me ill!!!

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

wow.  everyone is talking about how good Herndon is or not.  Am I the only one here who saw that comment and would be royally pi$$ed if the Jets took a TE with their #11 pick?  My God just the thought makes me ill!!!

There is a less than zero percent chance of a TE being selected at 11.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He had a nice rookie season, nothing amazing all with a bad haircut

Got suspended for Substance abuse 

Got hurt the week before his suspension was lifted 
 

Is there hope maybe. But nothing that gives me any confidence, if anything I’m more excited about Griffin 

Getting suspended has nothing to do with his play at TE.  Anymore than getting injured has anything to do with it.

I thought you asked about him as a player

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bell ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

wow.  everyone is talking about how good Herndon is or not.  Am I the only one here who saw that comment and would be royally pi$$ed if the Jets took a TE with their #11 pick?  My God just the thought makes me ill!!!

What are you talking about?  No tight ends are going in the first round, let alone at 11.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

not in the least ....people are counting hi m as a "weapon"...

 

dude cant stay on the field...   same thing happened with Q...

 

same folks who dis RA for being a solid 2/3 WR... smh

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord the TEs in this draft suck. Considering our WR situation, our TEs are gonna matter. We’ll keep 4 and they’ll all be active every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tight end may not be selected in the 1st, but Chase Claypool has been pushed up into the late 1st round of mock drafts and was a candidate to make the switch from receiver to tight end.  Not saying this is the way the Jets should go, but a team drafting late in the 1st may draft him, intending to line him up as a tight end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

You are not. 

For starters, I'm not sold he can even stay on the field

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Are we comparing oranges with bananas? 

More like oranges to facehuggers

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets best TE is Griffin. Honestly think he's going to be the top weapon this coming year (if there is one). 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading this thread and thinking of Kyle Brady/Warren Sapp made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jethead said:

So what team has a big 4 that is even close? Saints?

 

Brees, Thomas, Kamara (if healthy) and Cook are probably the closest you get to KC's weapons.  Very good call.  I can't think of another team that's even near to as good as the Saints, let alone KC.   I guess if I could convince myself that Prescott wasn't just an above-average QB I'd say DAL was pretty close with Zeke, Cooper and Gallup.  Am I missing anyone?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

Griffin is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe those OT’s going off the board could leave us with an elite defensive tackle prospect?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are you talking about?  No tight ends are going in the first round, let alone at 11.

Kid from ND will. TE university 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Are we comparing oranges with bananas? 

Yes sir! You certainly are.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Am I the only one not remotely sold on Herndon?

You're not alone.  What has he done exactly other than flash?  Two injury plagued season's, a suspension and a draft day slide. That's what he is. 

The potential is there, but we wouldn't have locked up two more TE's in addition to a rookie if herndon was a sure thing. At least that's my take. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not sold on anyone on the Jets offense.
 

(Besides Crowder but being sold on him doesn’t necessarily do much. He is what he is. Solid young vet)

Dude... Vyncint Smith had that catch and run. Come on!   You guys are just never happy. ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Griffin is going to be the starter,  not Herndon. They didn't pay Griffin then guaranteed 2021 for him to be a backup.  I wouldn't be shocked if Herndon is traded with Griffin, Brown and Wesco already on the roster. 

Herndon as part of a package to Washington for Trent Williams would make a ton of sense if that's the route they choose. Washington has a huge hole at TE.

Why is everyone so ready to give assets, herndon aside,  and pay Trent Williams $18-$20 mil when he hasn't played a full season in 6 years?  That guy scares the hell out of me. Especially after he showed he'll happily sit at home if he's not happy about something. Seems like he has the potential to find an issue to complain about if he's got some good old fashioned guaranteed cash in the bank. 

Is it the zero sacks given up over his entire career?   LMAO!!!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...