Ken Griffey, jr

section314

This is offbeat, but I hope it will make some of you baseball fans smile. I just flipped over to the ESPN site, and they had a picture of Jr, and it was for a piece they were doing for the best prospects they have ever seen. It reminded me of a show I saw years ago, when Bob Costas had Tony Gwynn and Griffey Jr in the studio with Willie Mays. This was probably 25 years ago, or so. It was neat because Willie was younger and still very with it, and was really pretty much up on what was going on in the game at that time. They talked about many things, and Willie was very complimentary of both players. But the killer was when he said to Junior, and I'll paraphrase " you are the closest thing to me that I have ever seen." Imagine Willie Mays saying that about you? Junior's smile could have lit the earth for days. What makes it even more remarkable is who Willie's grandson is. Just wanted to share this. I think it's one of the coolest things I've seen .

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2020 at 7:10 PM, section314 said:

This is offbeat, but I hope it will make some of you baseball fans smile. I just flipped over to the ESPN site, and they had a picture of Jr, and it was for a piece they were doing for the best prospects they have ever seen. It reminded me of a show I saw years ago, when Bob Costas had Tony Gwynn and Griffey Jr in the studio with Willie Mays. This was probably 25 years ago, or so. It was neat because Willie was younger and still very with it, and was really pretty much up on what was going on in the game at that time. They talked about many things, and Willie was very complimentary of both players. But the killer was when he said to Junior, and I'll paraphrase " you are the closest thing to me that I have ever seen." Imagine Willie Mays saying that about you? Junior's smile could have lit the earth for days. What makes it even more remarkable is who Willie's grandson is. Just wanted to share this. I think it's one of the coolest things I've seen .

Just a heads up. Willie Mays is Bonds god father 

• Upvote 1