GeorgeJetson

Doomsday Scenario: Top 4 Offensive Tackles are gone

40 minutes ago, section314 said:

This would be worse than taking Q at #3 last year. I never thought I'd ever have to say that.

I don't know whether I agree with that.  Henderson looks he can start day 1 and be a solid CB1.  I am wondering if Quinnen even starts.  

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, where the Jets pick, particularly given the needs of other high-picking teams and their lower second round pick, is sub-optimal. 

I am not a draft expert, but it seems to me that our picks are not well situated to walk away with a starting tackle if we stick to a draft board strictly.  It is hard to stick to a draft board strictly when not all positions are easily obtainable in FA.   But it also appears to me that there will be great WRs still available when we pick in Rd 2.  

Only 10 players can be picked before 11, so that means if the Ts are all gone, which would not surprise me, that means other great players will be available.  The Jets need a LT.  So if they can't trade down, I don't think JDs Book of Life would allow him to take a lower rated overall player.

But that is not to say a Josh Jones is not rated higher on his board.  Look at where the Raiders pick Ferrell last year.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company