Is Everyone Down on Q?

When healthy I love the guy. Unfortunately he is injured most of the time.  On one hand he has good chemistry with Sam and can extend plays but on the other hand he is made of glass and when he gets injured he is always out for a long period of time 

• Upvote 4

Just looking at his injury history, he got hurt on week 11 in 2018, then started one game last year and got hurt.  He will actually have an entire year to get healthy prior to week 1 2020 and I think JD and Gase have to be seeing him in rehab enough to feel comfortable letting RA go. 

2 minutes ago, KMills84 said:

Just looking at his injury history, he got hurt on week 11 in 2018, then started one game last year and got hurt.  He will actually have an entire year to get healthy prior to week 1 2020 and I think JD and Gase have to be seeing him in rehab enough to feel comfortable letting RA go. 

He's only played one full season and that was 4 years ago. He was out the whole 2017 with a neck injury and didn't finish 2018.   he's had two season ending neck injuries.  That's serious stuff. 

I don't think he's gonna make it. Such an exciting player with the ball in his hands but he has not shown he can make it through a season. Check it out. 

Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2014 22 NYJ   82 1 0   0 0   0   0 0.0 0.0 0.0%                   0   0 0 0 0
2015 23 NYJ wr 81 12 6 46 22 315 14.3 0 10 48 1.8 26.3 47.8% 6.8                 22 14.3 315 0 0 3
2016 24 NYJ WR 81 16 13 105 58 857 14.8 4 37 69 3.6 53.6 55.2% 8.2 1 12 0 1 12 12.0 0.8 0.1 59 14.7 869 4 0 6
2018 26 NYJ WR 81 11 10 68 38 449 11.8 1 22 42 3.5 40.8 55.9% 6.6 1 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.1 39 11.5 449 1 2 4
2019 27 NYJ wr 81 1 1 3 1 -4 -4.0 0   8 1.0 -4.0 33.3% -1.3                 1 -4.0 -4 0 1 0
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, KMills84 said:

We signed the guy to a 4 year deal and he’s a good player when healthy.  I think him, crowder, Perfuman, Herndon, and griffin make a solid squad.  Especially, if we get a top tier OT in Rd 1.

Well the problem is that he's never healthy.

And please define good player. When he did play, he only averaged 39 yards a game. in 5 years he has 5 total tds.

I'm actually shocked he hasn't been released yet

• Upvote 1

Yes I am down on Q - and he is out! He's an afterthought. He was never that good anyway - 5 career TDs. Sure he's big and strong but brittle - better off being skinny like Robbie A and shy away from contact for a receiver. Q loves contact but he's brittle. Not a good combo. See Ya!

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

When healthy I love the guy. Unfortunately he is injured most of the time.  On one hand he has good chemistry with Sam and can extend plays but on the other hand he is made of glass and when he gets injured he is always out for a long period of time 

Just plays so physical he hurts himself. If he makes it back he has to protect himself better.

• Upvote 2

Glad to have you posting here!

Q has an F'd up neck & is a multi-millionaire ... I'm not down on him (our old GM on the other hand for giving him that contract is a different story) ... Q just will not and should not play professional football ever again.

Too bad ... the glimpses we saw were promising :(

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KMills84 said:

We signed the guy to a 4 year deal and he’s a good player when healthy.  I think him, crowder, Perfuman, Herndon, and griffin make a solid squad.  Especially, if we get a top tier OT in Rd 1.

I don’t know if Perfuman is any good. We may have to look at the draft and draft cologneman.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Publicly, in the press?

Over taking a day off without asking for one off?

No

10 hours ago, nico002 said:

Not publicly when my entire team is reeling and being bombarded with negativity from every direction.

If you had a job you couldn't quit, that had millions of spectators, and your salary/performance/health was the subject of public debate and fascination, and you literally just broke your neck for your job and felt they were doing you wrong-- I'd question anyone would wouldn't publicly stand up for themself in that situation. What he did is the equivalent to a regular schlub posting on Facebook to his "friends" how his boss is a dick.

We can debate whether we believe his complaint was valid, but the dude broke his freaking neck on the job. I'm willing to let him decide what he thinks is valid or not in this situation. Of course, it's super easy to moralize from afar with an intact neck and put everything and everyone into the category of either black or white/good or bad.

• Upvote 1

Q is just another in a long list of average Jags receiving contracts WAY ABOVE their production because they were the best of what is a sorry azz bunch of horrible draft picks. He's the Brian Winters of the WRs. 

• Upvote 1

He hasn’t played in 16 games since 2016 and has had two neck injuries. I think playing football should be off the table.

By the way, Trent Williams hasn’t played 16 games in a season since 2013. And has had only 2 seasons in his entire career where he played 16 games ? Just putting that out there while we discuss players who are not durable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

When I read the title I thought Q Williams. 

Imagine my surprise to see it was a Q Enunwa thread.  

In my mind he no longer is a member of the team and just collects a pay check from the team and hurts the cap situation.

Anyone who is depending on Enunwa to contribute with his diagnosis should be fired. 

Mac should be fired again for giving him that contract after he broke his neck.

As far as Q Williams goes ... I am slightly down on him and feel I was sold a bill of goods pre and post draft only to see none of it develop on field.  Hope he turns it up this season.

This but changed to VIOLATED by death row inmates.

• Upvote 2

i'm saying what many others have already said.  enunwa is one hit away from getting a severe lifelong injury.  he shouldn't be playing anymore.  and if he plays the game scared because he's afraid of getting hit then he really won't be that useful.

i suppose there's a slim chance that the doctors will clear him without restriction but i would still be very concerned.

• Upvote 1

Enunwa has stenosis, I just don't see any way he'll ever get cleared to play football.
To me he's only on the roster until he and the team comes to a settlement and he retires.
Poor job by Maccagnan in giving Enunwa that contract without getting him cleared medically 

• Upvote 2