Is Everyone Down on Q?

9 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Jets fans historically overrate any player that demonstrates mild competence and ability.  We love ourselves mediocrity dressed in green and white.

Dont agree that 

1.  Its exclusive to Jets fans, not even close.  Its what fans do.  See Bills, Dolphins, Pats and even a Raider fan who stop by to brag

2. We do this more than not rate players as highly as others.  See Curtis Martin, Jamal Adams

16 hours ago, KMills84 said:

We signed the guy to a 4 year deal and he’s a good player when healthy.  I think him, crowder, Perfuman, Herndon, and griffin make a solid squad.  Especially, if we get a top tier OT in Rd 1.

there is NO WAY you can count him to be healthy and or remain healthy.  As far as I'm concerned, he would not factor at all into my decision to draft a wide out at 11.  It would simply be based on who is available at 11.   Either way, we will be drafting his replacement at some point in the draft.  

11 hours ago, jgb said:

If you had a job you couldn't quit, that had millions of spectators, and your salary/performance/health was the subject of public debate and fascination, and you literally just broke your neck for your job and felt they were doing you wrong-- I'd question anyone would wouldn't publicly stand up for themself in that situation. What he did is the equivalent to a regular schlub posting on Facebook to his "friends" how his boss is a dick.

We can debate whether we believe his complaint was valid, but the dude broke his freaking neck on the job. I'm willing to let him decide what he thinks is valid or not in this situation. Of course, it's super easy to moralize from afar with an intact neck and put everything and everyone into the category of either black or white/good or bad.

Showing up to Rehab appointments is part of the deal, and he missed 2 for some BS reasons.  

He's getting paid a lot of money that is guaranteed for injury.  It sucks he got hurt, it really does.  But he still has commitments to the team that are part of the contract he signed.  If he doesn't want to commit to the rehab appointments, then give back some of the money and we'll call it a day.  Until then, he HAS to show up, and deservedly gets fined if he doesn't.  

Complaining to his bosses would have been justified.  Doing so on social media was not.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Dont agree that 

1.  Its exclusive to Jets fans, not even close.  Its what fans do.  See Bills, Dolphins, Pats and even a Raider fan who stop by to brag

2. We do this more than not rate players as highly as others.  See Curtis Martin, Jamal Adams

Curtis Martin and Jamal Adams are not mediocre.  You're right, Jets fans hate on the stars.

It's the mediocrity that we have irrational affection for: Brad Smith, Braylon Edwards, Robbie Anderson, Lamont Jordan, Justin Miller, Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell, etc.  I could go on. 

21 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Curtis Martin and Jamal Adams are not mediocre.  You're right, Jets fans hate on the stars.

It's the mediocrity that we have irrational affection for: Brad Smith, Braylon Edwards, Robbie Anderson, Lamont Jordan, Justin Miller, Jeremy Kerley, Bilal Powell, etc.  I could go on. 

You do realize youre talking about fans?

My point was every fanbase loves players that outside of the fanbase aren't loved.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He complained about the fine and the fine being put up for all to see.  Just the way almost every team treats fines.

The idea that we're the only team that does this wrong.  It was reported that it is common practice.  Make a call get the day off and no one puts you on the board 

And somehow earning $12 mil, your only job being to rehab and you cant make a F'n call?  Whats the point of people even trying to put the blame on the Jets

He did complain about the fine, as being excessive. Beachum is the one who said, he's never seen fines being posted, for all to see. Nit a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I think it's kind of bush league though.

18 minutes ago, genot said:

He did complain about the fine, as being excessive. Beachum is the one who said, he's never seen fines being posted, for all to see. Nit a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I think it's kind of bush league though.

He was fined according to league rules.  It wasn't excessive.  

The fine was given and posted.  Dont want fines posted, dont blow off commitments, rehabs as if youre above the rules and the team.

I'm not getting the venom towards the team.  

But youre right, its not a big deal.