2015 Coulda Been Special

That Sons of Anarchy pass rush - that's one thing that goes very far you once you get in to the tournament.

I jinxed the whole thing by traveling to Buffalo for the match. Or not.

But that team was f--king loaded. Surprisingly so. Sure they may have petered out first or second round - but ya never know.

The Buffalo debacle I blame the coward offensive game plan above all - and that sits with one Todd Bowles. It's his HC-ing cowardice why he'll never be a HC again.

But hey, thanks for getting us close in '15. Or not! Dammnit I'm still not over that loss and never will be! That team was loaded

• Upvote 1

Fitzpatrick was never winning a road playoff game. (Look at his record against winning teams on the road, lifetime)

And, if by some miracle he won one, he wasn't winning a second one. 

I think you are drastically overrating the talent/overall potential of the 2015 team. They were a solid team with a veteran QB who could get hot, but fair from a juggernaut. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Fitzpatrick was never winning a road playoff game. (Look at his record against winning teams on the road, lifetime)

And, if by some miracle he won one, he wasn't winning a second one. 

I think you are drastically overrating the talent/overall potential of the 2015 team. They were a solid team with a veteran QB who could get hot, but fair from a juggernaut. 

first watchable offense since ...   what was penningtons best year?  2002 or 5?

marshall dropped a tf on the road v pats that shifted the mo we woulda won that and not have to win v buffy in week 17...

33 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

first watchable offense since ...   what was penningtons best year?  2002 or 5?

marshall dropped a tf on the road v pats that shifted the mo we woulda won that and not have to win v buffy in week 17...

Yeah, like I said, Fitzpatrick wasn't winning a road playoff game. 

Going into that week 17 Buffalo game, he was like 1-12345689 against winning teams on the road. 

Sure enough, he had 3 brutal 4th quarter picks. 

There is a reason Fitz has been on eight thousand different teams. 

35 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Going into that week 17 Buffalo game, he was like 1-12345689 against winning teams on the road. 

just saying the offense was watchable...    nuthn more     btw, q dropped 2 consec passes in the red zone in the late 3rd or early 4th that made us kick a short fg, also. week 17

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JetsLife said:

That Sons of Anarchy pass rush - that's one thing that goes very far you once you get in to the tournament.

But that team was f--king loaded. Surprisingly so. Sure they may have petered out first or second round - but ya never know.

The Buffalo debacle I blame the coward offensive game plan above all - and that sits with one Todd Bowles. It's his HC-ing cowardice why he'll never be a HC again.

But hey, thanks for getting us close in '15. Or not! Dammnit I'm still not over that loss and never will be! That team was loaded

as long as fitz was qb a buffalo game was sure to happen.  i agree they had enough good players at other spots to make some noise in the playoffs but fitz was always capable of imploding at any time.

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No. Fitzpatrick is a journeyman who never won a big game in his life. That’s why he’s been on so many teams. He’s done the same thing everywhere he’s been. Start out great, then stink when it matters. There’s a reason he’s never played in a playoff game, and it’s not bad luck or the surrounding talent. 

Today saying this is of no consequence, however, I remember when saying this "in the moment" made this entire forum triggered. 

Ah, the good'old days. 

The team was carried by 2 great WRs and b some good RBs.  If we still had Rex we easily make the playoffs but we had the wrist HC we've had since Kotite running things and despite the gift of that incredibly weak schedule which set up that win and in game he couldn't even have his team ready to play while Rex took a much less talented team that was beat up and had nothing to play for and beat us.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Bilal not playing in that game is the reason we lost. Good team. Best offense since prob 08.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The 08 O was very overrated, they feasted on some really bad teams and tacked on a lot of garbage time points.  When it mattered they disappeared.

Bilal not playing really hurt, outside of Marshall and Decker he was our offensive MVP but unfortunately even if he played we still had Fitz at QB and Bowles as our HC.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The 08 O was very overrated, they feasted on some really bad teams and tacked on a lot of garbage time points.  When it mattered they disappeared.

I disagree. That offense was a great team that amongst other things defeated The 9 or 10-0 Titans at their home stadium decisively and went to to toe and overwhelmed the Cardinals when they were an offensive juggernaut.

only after Favre’s injury that it fell apart.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Bilal not playing really hurt, outside of Marshall and Decker he was our offensive MVP but unfortunately even if he played we still had Fitz at QB and Bowles as our HC.

Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez have both won playoff games we probably win a playoff game or 2 with Fitz throwing 50/50 balls to Marshall and Decker

2 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

I disagree. That offense was a great team that amongst other things defeated The 9 or 10-0 Titans at their home stadium decisively and went to to toe and overwhelmed the Cardinals when they were an offensive juggernaut.

Who knows what happens if Favre doesn’t get injured

I blame Bowles for that game. The team came out flat and Bowles played conservative instead of going for it. Truth be told the Jets probably blew their load the week before beating N.E. in overtime but Bowles started the Buffalo game trying not to lose instead of trying to win.

2015 was a fun year in a decade without many good years but there is no need to over or undersell what it was. We had some good pieces on the roster and Geno losing a game of real life rockem sockem robots turned the team over to Fitz who had a career year. Coaching sucked across most of the season and good play made up for coaching deficiencies. A lot fell in the right direction but plenty fell against the team too. The team was no juggernaut but the team played hard most of those games and it showed. It was unfortunate that 2015 was a year when a 10-6 record did not lock a wildcard. 

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

The Titans went 3-3 their last 6 regular season games then were one and done at home in the playoffs losing 13-10.

Favre supposedly was injured in October, his only good stretch of football came in November.

51 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez have both won playoff games we probably win a playoff game or 2 with Fitz throwing 50/50 balls to Marshall and Decker

Mark Sanchez was a million times better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Fitz has never even made a playoff game, give us Sanchez that day in Buffalo and we win.

51 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Who knows what happens if Favre doesn’t get injured

Favre was fine, that was just an excuse. The real what if is what if we kept Chad?  If we did that we cruise to the division title and have a chance to go a long way in a very weak year for the AFC.

43 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I blame Bowles for that game. The team came out flat and Bowles played conservative instead of going for it. Truth be told the Jets probably blew their load the week before beating N.E. in overtime but Bowles started the Buffalo game trying not to lose instead of trying to win.

His team was completely unprepared to play, Bowles was a total disaster.

9 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Download video

8 hours ago, JetsLife said:

The weak armed Fitz played poorly in the cold and wind.  

Dont over think it

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Titans went 3-3 their last 6 regular season games then were one and done at home in the playoffs losing 13-10.

Favre supposedly was injured in October, his only good stretch of football came in November.

I was under the impression that he was injured in November, his throwing ability deteriorated rapidly when it did in the last quarter of the season.

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don't disagree, but the #6 seed that year played the Bengals in round 1.  Tailor-made for Fitz, Decker, and Marshall.

The next week, oops, at Denver, they won the Super Bowl that year, would have been mighty ugly.

So the Week 17 loss at Buffalo merely prevented another playoff win (yawn) in Cincinnati and another humiliation (ouch) in Denver.  I can live without it.  (Tell that to a Bills fan who hasn't seen a playoff win since 1995).

SAR I

• Sympathy 1