kmnj

the jets will have the worst offense in the nfl

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the jets will have the worst offense in the league this upcoming season unless Sam becomes the first qb that can block defensive players with one hand while holding the ball in the other then he will have to throw the ball really high and far and then run down and catch it himself. Thankfully for Sam he has a genius coach in Gase that can scheme for such a system. Gase is a pioneer like Bill Walsh but better.

The Jets will have the worst offensive roster in the NFL and the worst coach coaching them-what could possibly go wrong?

On the plus side this will be the last season we get to see or hear Gase on the jets sideline.

I feel bad for Sam-it is him and bell and that is it and his coach does not know how to use bell properly

I know I should not be so negative the Jets have the draft to build the team with . I mean I understand they have not had a good draft in years but they will some how find a top tackle and three stud wrs in the draft and a guard or two as well.

Good post..

A little harsh but unfortunately pretty accurate.  This offense is lacking in talent above the JAG level everywhere except QB - and there’s simply only so much Darnold can do.

Yes, the draft does offer opportunity and hopefully we nail it with the 4 picks in the top 100 - but that’s a whole lot of wishful thinking. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 10

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

FidelioJet has two accounts?

Where is he wrong?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 8

Just now, rangerous said:

i guess last season's last 8 record was a mirage.  that was with substantially worse offense and defensive talent (this assumes some a good draft and filling the positions that remain.).

Last season the defense is the reason for the wins - the offense had little to nothing to do with it.  I like our defense, I like GW...I think the defense can end up in the top half of the league and keep the team in games.  Which is why virtually all draft resources should go to offense.

This original post is about the offense - which is bad - and JD has done little so far to make it any better.  Slight upgrades at G and C - slight downgrades at WR and T....

Look, I know there’s time left and we have a draft but as of right now - the OP is 100% correct.  Hopefully the draft and/or trades changes this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than he has absolutely no proof?  Its just whining about something he has no idea will happen?

Or that hes whining about the 2020 season in March?  

Before the draft?  Before trade season.  Before cut down time?

You keep talking about things to come - we don’t have that information right now.

I’m simply pointing to where we are right now - which is an offense with little to know impact talent.  

I hope we nail the draft and I hope we make big trades and I hope we pick up difference makers post cuts...etc.

I will be more than excited to discuss how much better our offense is —- but right now it’s not.  

I’m not sure why that’s so hard to accept and why people get upset about it.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Pretty sure we had the same narrative two years back and we weren't anywhere close to the worst that season either.

Seriously?

Are you pointing to the offense from two years ago as a success story?

• Thumb Down 1

You guys only want to hear the good and anyone that doesn't love the job the great Joe Douglas is doing is somehow "offensive" or "doom and gloom"   I don't dislike JD, I just know little about him....we'll find out a lot this year.

Look this was literally the worst ranked offense in the NFL last year...

To date, we've done very little to upgrade it, if at all.

I am NOT saying the team can't get better or won't get better but just that it hasn't - so far JD has been reluctant to pay for quality talent, I'm sure he has his reasons.  So i will hold out judgement until I see the final products.  You guys should do the same and not anoint the guy our saviour until he's actually done something beyond signing a series of JAG's to one year deals.

I agree, there's still plenty of time but why does everyone seem to get angry when I simply point out the obvious facts.

• Thumb Down 1

51 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I’m guessing you missed the atrocious play of our OL last year. Entering 2020 with a mediocre line in already a massive upgrade. 

We've upgraded at C and Guard - both guys have been up and down starters/backups - they are very middle of road players.  yes, that is a major upgrade over what we had but still not exactly a weapon.

We downgraded at Tackle - as both Shell and Beachum have performed better than Fant..And we clearly downgraded at WR...

You guys can call me what you want - but this is the reality - you want to put your heads in the sand and pretend like, because we slightly upgraded our C and G, that all of a sudden this is a talented offense and that JD is some type of genius GM - so be...I won't stop you. 

But I'm not going to toe the company line just because y'all gonna call me names. 

When we have talent on this team I'll get behind but I'm simply not going to go crazy over 10 JAGS and Sam and pretend like we have something to be excited about!!!! 

Sam can be great -  Can be a top 5 QB in the NFL and I have no question about that...I know Mac had no idea or desire to build around him - the jury is still out on JD.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Do you always lick Buffalo fan ass?

Show me where he's wrong?

I'm not happy about it, I'm exceptionally frustrated by it...but is he wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Ill make you the same offer I made the OP.  Do you want to wager on whether we have the worst offense in the league in 2020, assuming they play the season?

Too early to tell right now - that’s the point.  But as of right now, if we don’t have the least offensive talent in the league it’s pretty darn close.

Things can certainly change - but we shouldn’t be pretending like we’ve already done something that’s upgraded the overall offensive talent.  We haven’t.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Herndon coming back

(OBJ 🤞 )

Sure...

Get OBJ, sign Peters - and draft OT, WR, WR, RB...

and yes - then we have something to talk about it.  Something to be excited about.

But based on everything we’ve seen from JD does anyone really believe OBJ or Peters is coming here?

The Draft - we really have no idea where his head is.

14 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

If its too early to tell, then why take " the sky is falling" approach?  Wait till the FA period and draft are over then we can re assess the holes and see how we are looking.  

As others have mentioned , we won 7 games last year and played 3 without a starting QB.  Another year in the same system with some better health and some offensive line improvements might surprise you.  Darnold should continue to improve and that in itself may be worth more than any other team upgrade.

I’m not taking a sky is falling approach, just a realistic one.  At this point, in the aggregate, this offense is flatd-to-worse.   People are acting like we’ve heavily upgraded.  We haven’t.  That’s all I’m trying to say.

As for last year - come on...you watched them play - the offense was horrible down the stretch - they won because the defense basically shut down some really bad teams.  And you know that!

Frankly, I’m bullish on the defense getting better and playing well.

The offensive talent still needs a lot of work.  Sam is the man but he needs time and weapons....Right now, IMO, we’re worse off than before FA started.  That’s concerning to me.  I am still optimistic we can pull off a couple of nice moves.

Is that sky is falling? 

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

just a suggestion 93.3 was his qb rating...(scale form 0-158.3)   not his QBR   whcih is a 0-100 scale.....

his QBR over his last 8 was 52.4...   which woulda made him about middle of the pack

still significantly lower than Fitz for the whole year (66.5)

if he;s not at least 60 , that means, to me, that he was way overdrafted

btw- I believe we will not be throwing deep much at all. 

Bell and Crowder will still get more touches than Perriman and the next WR....

In Sam’s defense - you could put Joe Montana behind that OL and put out those weapons and he wouldn’t have a QBR in the top 10.

If you watched the games, as I imagine you did, you wouldn’t be using the words “way overdrafted”  while using QBR or Rating metrics to make that determination.  

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

There are glass half full and glass half empty guys.

Youre a half empty guy.   Your posts are bummers. 

Nothing personal, you re probably a great guy.   You think you’re being real and we re all homers.   We all think we re being real too.  

No one has said we are a top ten offense.   We just think we aren’t the WORST!

I hear ya, but we were literally the worst last year - and I don’t believe we’ve gotten any better yet.  I agree, there is still plenty of time.

With that said, I will try better to not be such a downer!

i am still super high on Sam - I see things in him that can carry us to a Super Bowl - I really do. 

He has every attribute I see in a great NFL QB.  Give him a legitimate weapon or two, a RB to keep teams honest and a reasonable Oline and this can be a team that is a year-in and year-out contender.  That’s all I really want - every year, have a legitimate shot to win it.  Not once a decade get in on a wildcard.  You have to really try to be that bad.

I guess I’m just frustrated by the fact that we let our only legitimate weapon walk over $4mm, let the top Tackle in FA walk over $3mm and paid $10mm to a back-up rated 57th in the league. 

That string of events really got me PO’d - and I have been venting all the way through.   

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's been a real joy, I tell ya.  

You should lighten up too.

It’s just a message board!

To be honest though - this all started with the hiring of Gase.  That still pisses me off beyond explanation.  

I used to be a very positive fan-that was the beginning of this for me.

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Well there is this little thing called the NFL Draft; you may have heard of it.  Rumor has it that teams can really improve themselves via this process.   

They for sure can.  But as of right now, the worst offense in the NFL from last season has not improved.  

Sure, it’s possible we can get better but the other teams get a chance to draft too.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company