the jets will have the worst offense in the nfl

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the jets will have the worst offense in the league this upcoming season unless Sam becomes the first qb that can block defensive players with one hand while holding the ball in the other then he will

FidelioJet has two accounts?    

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i'd imagine we'll be getting 4 -4.5 ypc from bell and a biyt more consisetnt with the small to medium passes, and myabe Sam actaully making a few plays with his feet, and so better at 3rd down , more FDs... 

as for PLAYMAKING offense...   i dunno...    we can still hope

Agreed. It's fair to assume that the running game improves and that Darnold continues to improve. I personally believe in Darnold but I worry about the team around him. Right now, we don't have many weapons on offense. Perriman could be able to provide what Robby did for us. But we were terrible with Robby. Darnold needs a big, physical, possession type of receiver that he can lean on in crunch time. We also obviously need to continue to upgrade the O-Line.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's not madness. They were terrible offensively last year. That is a fact. Yes Darnold missed 3 games but that isn't an excuse to be so bad. He played in 13 of them. News flash, the Jets aren't the only team that deals with injuries.

I pointed out that we signed a coupe of good lineman which should help. But that isn't going to fix all of our problems. Would you really be surprised if the Jets were terrible on offense again this year?

well quote Sar who could not cherry pick more....I placed him on ignore with a reason.  We lost 2 games to teams that had not one a game what gives people confidence Gase can do the job. At best it is wash because he beat 2 teams he should not have lost one close game and looked like he did not even show up against philly. That game the team from the offensive team did not look prepared and completely lost. That is coaching everything else is an excuse.

The facts are as they stand now. we might have have regressed at tackle and wide receiver, Gase has not proved anything in 4 yrs now so what gives people hope we will be more then a bottom 10 offensive team, when some of the fins teams had more talent and performed worse. everyone is just looking at the players and not taking into account the poor coaching/play calling Gase provides, or the unknown players getting injured ect.... 

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

The Jets last season had one of the easiest strength of schedules out of all the NFL teams. They jump to second hardest this year.

not necessarily true.  all nfl teams play hard.  strength of schedule has less to do with how a team is plays than when a team gets played.  the jets finished the season 6-2 and beat teams that were vying for the playoffs.  they also beat the cowgirls.  these are no small accomplishments for a team that was supposed to be 4-12, again.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Are you this quick in the sack?  Jesus Christ, free agency and the draft aren't even over yet.  Beyond that, there hasn't even been a practice or game yet.  Take a FUC**ng chill pill!

I have gone to over 300 games if you include road trips-how many have you been to? My family had seasons tickets since the teams inception what about you? how many psls did you buy? I have been patient for 40+ years and there is zero reason for optimism on offense-our roster is bad and we watched others in our own division get better while we did next to nothing. once again  We had a bottom tier team on offense last year and it will be worse this year.  We had a nice defense and we have a good dc-our team will win or lose based on them. The Jets have given Sam zero weapons and it is a disgrace. 

To project 2020 based on 2019 is highly problematic. While our resident curmudgeons will dismiss injuries as a factor (because every has injuries, they say) there is a marked difference between teams, season to season, in injury rates and specific players affected. Here's a comparison of the Jets and Bills from last year. Anyone who doesn't think injuries didn't play a part in the Jets offense, is kidding themselves and others. Injuries were devastating for Jets last year.

Key

Probable

the player has a 75% chance of playing

Questionable

the player has a 50% chance of playing

Doubtful

the player has a 25% chance of playing

Out

the player is out

Physically Unable to Perform

the player is on the physically unable to perform list

Injured Reserve

the player is on the injured reserve list

Did Not Play

if a player didn't participate in a given week, it will have a striped background

New York Jets

Team Injuries

Player

09/08
vs. BUF

09/16
vs. CLE

09/22
vs. NWE

10/06
vs. PHI

10/13
vs. DAL

10/21
vs. NWE

10/27
vs. JAX

11/03
vs. MIA

11/10
vs. NYG

11/17
vs. WAS

11/24
vs. OAK

12/01
vs. CIN

12/08
vs. MIA

12/12
vs. BAL

12/22
vs. PIT

12/29
vs. BUF

Jamal Adams

D

D

Q

Q

Henry Anderson

D

D

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Robby Anderson

Q

Q

Q

Blessuan Austin

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Kelvin Beachum

Q

Q

D

O

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Le'Veon Bell

Q

Q

Q

O

Josh Bellamy

Q

Q

Q

O

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Braxton Berrios

Q

Q

Q

Q

Daniel Brown

Q

Kyron Brown

IR

IR

IR

Brandon Bryant

IR

IR

Maurice Canady

Q

Trenton Cannon

Q

D

D

O

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Blake Cashman

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Tom Compton

D

IR

Brandon Copeland

Q

Q

Sam Darnold

O

O

O

Kenneth Dixon

Q

Chuma Edoga

Q

O

D

O

IR

IR

Quincy Enunwa

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Player

09/08
vs. BUF

09/16
vs. CLE

09/22
vs. NWE

10/06
vs. PHI

10/13
vs. DAL

10/21
vs. NWE

10/27
vs. JAX

11/03
vs. MIA

11/10
vs. NYG

11/17
vs. WAS

11/24
vs. OAK

12/01
vs. CIN

12/08
vs. MIA

12/12
vs. BAL

12/22
vs. PIT

12/29
vs. BUF

Matthias Farley

O

D

Q

D

Q

John Franklin-Myers

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Ryan Griffin

Q

O

IR

IR

Nate Hairston

Q

Q

Chris Herndon

D

D

Q

Q

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Neville Hewitt

D

D

D

D

Q

Q

Jordan Jenkins

O

O

Q

Q

Trumaine Johnson

Q

Q

O

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Ryan Kalil

Q

O

D

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Alex Lewis

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

O

Arthur Maulet

D

D

Q

Albert McClellan

O

O

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Steve McLendon

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Rontez Miles

Q

O

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Ty Montgomery

Q

Jalin Moore

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

C.J. Mosley

O

D

D

D

Q

O

O

O

O

O

O

IR

IR

IR

IR

Mark Myers

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Kelechi Osemele

Q

D

D

D

D

Brian Poole

Q

O

O

Q

Q

Player

09/08
vs. BUF

09/16
vs. CLE

09/22
vs. NWE

10/06
vs. PHI

10/13
vs. DAL

10/21
vs. NWE

10/27
vs. JAX

11/03
vs. MIA

11/10
vs. NYG

11/17
vs. WAS

11/24
vs. OAK

12/01
vs. CIN

12/08
vs. MIA

12/12
vs. BAL

12/22
vs. PIT

12/29
vs. BUF

Bilal Powell

O

Q

Brent Qvale

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Darryl Roberts

Q

D

D

D

Q

Nathan Shepherd

Q

Trevor Siemian

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Jeff Smith

IR

IR

Charles Tapper

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Demaryius Thomas

Q

D

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

Q

D

D

Q

Quinnen Williams

O

D

Q

D

Q

Avery Williamson

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Brian Winters

Q

Q

Q

Q

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Paul Worrilow

O

D

O

Q

Totals

Injury Type

Times Reported

Games Played

Pct

.00%

Questionable

93.20%

Doubtful

.00%

Out

.00%

Injured Reserve

.00%

Injured Reserve

.00%

Buffalo Bills

Team Injuries

Player

09/08
vs. NYJ

09/15
vs. NYG

09/22
vs. CIN

09/29
vs. NWE

10/06
vs. TEN

10/20
vs. MIA

10/27
vs. PHI

11/03
vs. WAS

11/10
vs. CLE

11/17
vs. MIA

11/24
vs. DEN

11/28
vs. DAL

12/08
vs. BAL

12/15
vs. PIT

12/21
vs. NWE

12/29
vs. NYJ

01/04
vs. HOU

Maurice Alexander

Q

O

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Josh Allen

Q

Kurt Coleman

Q

Q

Jason Croom

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Patrick DiMarco

Q

Jon Feliciano

Q

Q

Cody Ford

Q

Robert Foster

Q

Q

Q

Jerry Hughes

Q

Kevin Johnson

Q

Taron Johnson

O

O

Q

Q

Q

Vosean Joseph

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Tyler Kroft

D

Q

O

O

O

Shaq Lawson

O

Q

Corey Liuget

Q

Q

Player

09/08
vs. NYJ

09/15
vs. NYG

09/22
vs. CIN

09/29
vs. NWE

10/06
vs. TEN

10/20
vs. MIA

10/27
vs. PHI

11/03
vs. WAS

11/10
vs. CLE

11/17
vs. MIA

11/24
vs. DEN

11/28
vs. DAL

12/08
vs. BAL

12/15
vs. PIT

12/21
vs. NWE

12/29
vs. NYJ

01/04
vs. HOU

Spencer Long

Q

Mike Love

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Dean Marlowe

Q

Isaiah McKenzie

Q

Matt Milano

Q

Q

Mitch Morse

Q

Siran Neal

O

Ty Nsekhe

Q

O

O

O

O

O

Q

Q

Harrison Phillips

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Andre Roberts

O

O

O

Q

Devin Singletary

O

Q

Q

Corey Thompson

Q

O

O

Q

Q

LaAdrian Waddle

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

IR

Levi Wallace

Q

Q

Duke Williams

Q

Totals

Injury Type

Times Reported

Games Played

Pct

Questionable

57.89%

Doubtful

.00%

Out

.00%

Injured Reserve

.00%

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously?

Are you pointing to the offense from two years ago as a success story?

He didnt say that.  

He wasn't pointing to the offense as a success story.

He just, correctly, said it wasn't the worst as predicted.

No wonder this is hard

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I have gone to over 300 games if you include road trips-how many have you been to? My family had seasons tickets since the teams inception what about you? how many psls did you buy? I have been patient for 40+ years and there is zero reason for optimism on offense-our roster is bad and we watched others in our own division get better while we did next to nothing. once again  We had a bottom tier team on offense last year and it will be worse this year.  We had a nice defense and we have a good dc-our team will win or lose based on them. The Jets have given Sam zero weapons and it is a disgrace. 

Because you've gotten laid a lot over the years doesnt make your premature ejaculation issue any less troublesome

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's not madness. They were terrible offensively last year. That is a fact. Yes Darnold missed 3 games but that isn't an excuse to be so bad. He played in 13 of them. News flash, the Jets aren't the only team that deals with injuries.

Are we really going to do this?  Do we really need to recap how we had the most players on IR last year (18)?  How 4 out of 5 offensive line positions were played by players out of position and weren't supposed to be there?  How it took Sam the better part of a month to get his strength back and start playing well?  How we were down Herndon, Enunwa, and Mosley, three critical playmakers?  How we had a first year head coach with a brand new playbook?  How we had the toughest opening schedule in the NFL?

I'm as tired of typing that as you are of hearing that.  Doesn't make it untrue.  Just because your bored of the narrative doesn't mean you can ignore it.  Last year's Jets were a mess of bad Maccagnan's and injured third-stringers and they still finished 6-2 and put up strong offensive numbers.  Stop your whining and your Gase-hating.  He's here to stay.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

just a suggestion 93.3 was his qb rating...(scale form 0-158.3)   not his QBR   whcih is a 0-100 scale.....

his QBR over his last 8 was 52.4...   which woulda made him about middle of the pack

ABAA513-E-3-BB5-48-A0-BC72-69-E6-D3-C0-F

Fair enough.  It was still impressive.

btw- I believe we will not be throwing deep much at all. 

Bell and Crowder will still get more touches than Perriman and the next WR....

Finding a one-trick-pony home run WR is not hard.  Robbie is not irreplaceable.  The draft is full of fast, young guys who we can burn out before they're due for a contract. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You keep talking about things to come - we don’t have that information right now. 

Yet you fully agree the Jets will have the worst offense?  How so?  We don't have enough information right now.  

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m not taking a sky is falling approach, just a realistic one.  At this point, in the aggregate, this offense is flatd-to-worse.   People are acting like we’ve heavily upgraded.  We haven’t.  That’s all I’m trying to say.

As for last year - come on...you watched them play - the offense was horrible down the stretch - they won because the defense basically shut down some really bad teams.  And you know that!

Frankly, I’m bullish on the defense getting better and playing well.

The offensive talent still needs a lot of work.  Sam is the man but he needs time and weapons....Right now, IMO, we’re worse off than before FA started.  That’s concerning to me.  I am still optimistic we can pull off a couple of nice moves.

Is that sky is falling? 

There are glass half full and glass half empty guys.

Youre a half empty guy.   Your posts are bummers. 

Nothing personal, you re probably a great guy.   You think you’re being real and we re all homers.   We all think we re being real too.  

No one has said we are a top ten offense.   We just think we aren’t the WORST!

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

It’s very possible they could be horrendous. We are 1 or 2 injuries from 2012 level bad. 

Can you wait and find out who the Tackle and 2 WR's are that we draft before you start licking ATM terminals?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, kmnj said:

the jets will have the worst offense in the league this upcoming season unless Sam becomes the first qb that can block defensive players with one hand while holding the ball in the other then he will have to throw the ball really high and far and then run down and catch it himself. Thankfully for Sam he has a genius coach in Gase that can scheme for such a system. Gase is a pioneer like Bill Walsh but better.

The Jets will have the worst offensive roster in the NFL and the worst coach coaching them-what could possibly go wrong?

On the plus side this will be the last season we get to see or hear Gase on the jets sideline.

I feel bad for Sam-it is him and bell and that is it and his coach does not know how to use bell properly

I know I should not be so negative the Jets have the draft to build the team with . I mean I understand they have not had a good draft in years but they will some how find a top tackle and three stud wrs in the draft and a guard or two as well.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by reactionseditor

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Are we really going to do this?  Do we really need to recap how we had the most players on IR last year (18)?  How 4 out of 5 offensive line positions were played by players out of position and weren't supposed to be there?  How it took Sam the better part of a month to get his strength back and start playing well?  How we were down Herndon, Enunwa, and Mosley, three critical playmakers?  How we had a first year head coach with a brand new playbook?  How we had the toughest opening schedule in the NFL?

I'm as tired of typing that as you are of hearing that.  Doesn't make it untrue.  Just because your bored of the narrative doesn't mean you can ignore it.  Last year's Jets were a mess of bad Maccagnan's and injured third-stringers and they still finished 6-2 and put up strong offensive numbers.  Stop your whining and your Gase-hating.  He's here to stay.

SAR I

First. I have never even brought up the name Adam Gase. I know he is here to stay.

I am commenting on the offensive product we watched last year. Yeah sure we had a ton of injuries last year. So did other teams. 18 players on IR? Ok, what did Avery Williamson, CJ Mosley, and Trumaine Johnson have to do with the offense? Because those are 3 guys who ended the year on IR. It's always excuses. Chris Herndon was not going to take our offense from a bottom 5 unit and put it in the top half of the league. He just wasn't. Our offensive line was a train wreck from the start of the season before the injuries and everyone knew it. Including Joe D, which was why he went out and took a chance on Khalil. 

These are all excuses to try and defend the indefensible. Our offense was putrid last year. Even in games we won the offense would go through stretches where they couldn't move the ball for what would feel like an entire quarter and a half of football. 

The offense needs work. It was terrible last year and it's totally fair to have concerns about it right now.

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

the jets wins last year were due to the defense-good coach and some good players

the offense was one of the worst in the league and we lost Sams best weapon

Sam also missed 3 or 4 games to begin the season.  BTW his best weapon was Crowder not Anderson.  Gates never properly utilized Bell in the passing who was a bit rusty after a year off.  I expect him to be significantly better.  We didn't have Herndon most of season yet found another reliable  TE in Griffin.   This year we bring back Crowder, Herndon, Griffin, Bell plus emerging players like Vincent Smith  and the newly signed Breshad Perriman.    Our offensive line should be improved and we are adding at least one elite wide receiver if not two in the draft.    I also can see us drafting an impact running back/returner in this draft as well.     

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You keep talking about things to come - we don’t have that information right now.

I’m simply pointing to where we are right now - which is an offense with little to know impact talent.  

I hope we nail the draft and I hope we make big trades and I hope we pick up difference makers post cuts...etc.

I will be more than excited to discuss how much better our offense is —- but right now it’s not.  

I’m not sure why that’s so hard to accept and why people get upset about it.  

Make up your mind.  

We're going to suck......Sam will have no help

But dont talk about things to come now?  LOL

• Upvote 1

just a suggestion 93.3 was his qb rating...(scale form 0-158.3)   not his QBR   whcih is a 0-100 scale.....

his QBR over his last 8 was 52.4...   which woulda made him about middle of the pack

still significantly lower than Fitz for the whole year (66.5)

if he;s not at least 60 , that means, to me, that he was way overdrafted

btw- I believe we will not be throwing deep much at all. 

Bell and Crowder will still get more touches than Perriman and the next WR....

Mitch Trubisky had a top 3 QBR in 2018. How did that work out for him?

The advanced stats will never be kind to Sam so long as Gase is his HC (look at Tannehills QBR under Gase).

Statistically Sams numbers would have been a lot better if not for the New England game which was a historically bad performance. 

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Where is he wrong?

Well there is this little thing called the NFL Draft; you may have heard of it.  Rumor has it that teams can really improve themselves via this process.   

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

So did other teams. 18 players on IR? Ok, what did Avery Williamson, CJ Mosley, and Trumaine Johnson have to do with the offense?

A quality defense provides good field position for the offense.  Better defenders also means more productive offense.

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Our offensive line was a train wreck from the start of the season before the injuries and everyone knew it. Including Joe D, which was why he went out and took a chance on Khalil. 

And Joe D just signed 100 new offensive linemen and will likely draft 50 more.  It's a work in progress.  He's not done.

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

These are all excuses to try and defend the indefensible. Our offense was putrid last year. Even in games we won the offense would go through stretches where they couldn't move the ball for what would feel like an entire quarter and a half of football. 

....and despite the terrible personnel and the ridiculous number of injuries, the Jets offense was productive once Darnold got his wind back.  We ended the year on a 5 game home winning streak.  We went on a 6-2 run during which Sam had 15 TD's to 4 INT's.  I don't know how any objective fan could look at last year, not feel bad for the team, and not appreciate the strong finish.  There is a lot to be encouraged about, and the moves Joe D is making now and in April can only improve the squad.  This isn't the time to cry.  If the offense still looks incomplete like this post-draft, then we can talk.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

A quality defense provides good field position for the offense.  Better defenders also means more productive offense.

And Joe D just signed 100 new offensive linemen and will likely draft 50 more.  It's a work in progress.  He's not done.

....and despite the terrible personnel and the ridiculous number of injuries, the Jets offense was productive once Darnold got his wind back.  We ended the year on a 5 game home winning streak.  We went on a 6-2 run during which Sam had 15 TD's to 4 INT's.  I don't know how any objective fan could look at last year, not feel bad for the team, and not appreciate the strong finish.  There is a lot to be encouraged about, and the moves Joe D is making now and in April can only improve the squad.  This isn't the time to cry.  If the offense still looks incomplete like this post-draft, then we can talk.

SAR I

Yes a defense helps the offense with field position but it's not an excuse for the offense being bad. The players I mentioned were not on the field with Sam. They play on the other side of the ball which is my point. A good offense doesn't need a top notch defense to be productive. 

Yes he did, and I'm going to wait to see how they perform when the season starts. Same goes with the guys we draft. If they perform well and the offense performs well, I'll be happy. But until that happens criticizing the offense is fair.

I'm not arguing how the Jets played down the stretch and how Sam looked. I'm strictly talking about how the offense looked throughout the entirety of the season. We can win games and the offense can still look bad in it.

There's plenty to be encouraged about. I believe in Sam. We added two good interior lineman, there's still more moves that will be made either via FA and/or the draft. But the offense still needs a lot of work.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

To project 2020 based on 2019 is highly problematic. While our resident curmudgeons will dismiss injuries as a factor (because every has injuries, they say) there is a marked difference between teams, season to season, in injury rates and specific players affected. Here's a comparison of the Jets and Bills from last year. Anyone who doesn't think injuries didn't play a part in the Jets offense, is kidding themselves and others. Injuries were devastating for Jets last year.

Key

Probable

the player has a 75% chance of playing

Questionable

the player has a 50% chance of playing

Doubtful

the player has a 25% chance of playing

Out

the player is out

Physically Unable to Perform

the player is on the physically unable to perform list

Injured Reserve

the player is on the injured reserve list

Did Not Play

if a player didn't participate in a given week, it will have a striped background

New York Jets

Team Injuries

Player

09/08
vs. BUF

09/16
vs. CLE

09/22
vs. NWE

10/06
vs. PHI

10/13