My Picks by Team for the Top 11 in This Draft

Hi Jet Fans, 

I seen Sarge have his Top 7 Poll and I just want to jump on this subject. After viewing the free agency so far I could give you my first 11 picks and conclude on the Jets pick. If you have questions on any other pick like the Cowboys or Patriots I could give you my opinion. But I have this scenario leading up to the Jets pick at 11.  The First Two Picks are easy and I cannot see anything to change that. 

1.   CINCINNATI   -   JOE BURROW   -        They get their Franchise QB

2.   WASHINGTON  -  CHASE YOUNG  -     A force to be recon with. 

3.  DETROIT    -        JEDRICK WILLS  -           He replaces Glasgow at guard. 

4.  NY GIANTS   -     ISAIAH SIMMONS   -  Giants need an athletic linebacker

5.  MIAMI       -        TUA TAGLAVIOLA    -        They get their QB

6.  CHARGERS   -   JUSTIN HERBERT   -       He replaces Rivers at QB

7.  CAROLINA   -     DERRICK  BROWN         A Big need for a defensive head coach. 

8.  ARIZONA    -     ANDREW THOMAS         They need a Left Tackle  -   Best one in this draft

9.  JACKSONVILLE   -   JEFF OKUDAH           Lost their starting CB by trading Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye. They did pick up Denard but still need a CB

10. CLEVELAND   -  MEKHI BECTON       So this is where it gets interesting. Why?  Two reasons. By signing Conklin who is a right tackle makes Wirfs not an option, thank God.  Now Cleveland can go other to other needs like picking Delpit at Safety, a big need, or picking another need in Kenneth Murray. 

So Now It Is the Jets Pick.  Many Jet Fans want them to pick the receiver. Others like myself wants them to protect their most important player, the QB.  So again if you don't have protection for the QB the receiver becomes less valued. So this is why the Jets Pick has to be 

11.  NEW YORK JETS -   TRISTAN WIRFS -  He Fits The biggest Need for the Jets. He pays RT Tackle or slips in at guard for Winters.  Either way the Jets got an ALL PRO.   Thank Conklin for going to Cleveland that they need a left tackle.

So this is how i see it right now. 

TONY 

??   ✈✈   

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

The only fly in the ointment will be the Giants.Really think they go OT, which means either Brown or Okudah gets pushed down to our spot. Could open up a shot to trade back a bit.

I would of said that a month ago but looking at the Giants depth chart at Linebacker they really need Simmons more. The signing of Cameron Fleming at OT should change their mind. They will go OT in the 2nd round.  

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Buy It.  Brown is a force and Herbert showed at the Senior Bowl with that offensive line a top QB.  

Brown is a force just like Leo Williams was a force and just like Quinnen Williams is a force.

Brown is a force in the run game and teams are going to figure out that slightly lesser versions so these guys can be had later on.

Herbert is a lesser version of Josh Allen.

Hey I hope you are right and teams do get stupid when it comes to QBs.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Brown is a force just like Leo Williams was a force and just like Quinnen Williams is a force.

Brown is a force in the run game and teams are going to figure out that slightly lesser versions so these guys can be had later on.

Herbert is a lesser version of Josh Allen.

Hey I hope you are right and teams do get stupid when it comes to QBs.

A lesser version of Josh Allen?  Now that is funny. The same Josh Allen that most hated as a player but looks like a potential top QB one day.  And please don't put Quinnen Williams in on every DT evaluation. Brown could of came out last year and be ahead of Williams. The only reason Williams was the number 1 pick in the draft was his Combine. He did not get doubled or triple teamed by teams like Brown did. 

27 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Hi Jet Fans, 

I seen Sarge have his Top 7 Poll and I just want to jump on this subject. After viewing the free agency so far I could give you my first 11 picks and conclude on the Jets pick. If you have questions on any other pick like the Cowboys or Patriots I could give you my opinion. But I have this scenario leading up to the Jets pick at 11.  The First Two Picks are easy and I cannot see anything to change that. 

1.   CINCINNATI   -   JOE BURROW   -        They get their Franchise QB

2.   WASHINGTON  -  CHASE YOUNG  -     A force to be recon with. 

3.  DETROIT    -        JEDRICK WILLS  -           He replaces Glasgow at guard. 

4.  NY GIANTS   -     ISAIAH SIMMONS   -  Giants need an athletic linebacker

5.  MIAMI       -        TUA TAGLAVIOLA    -        They get their QB

6.  CHARGERS   -   JUSTIN HERBERT   -       He replaces Rivers at QB

7.  CAROLINA   -     DERRICK  BROWN         A Big need for a defensive head coach. 

8.  ARIZONA    -     ANDREW THOMAS         They need a Left Tackle  -   Best one in this draft

9.  JACKSONVILLE   -   JEFF OKUDAH           Lost their starting CB by trading Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye. They did pick up Denard but still need a CB

10. CLEVELAND   -  MEKHI BECTON       So this is where it gets interesting. Why?  Two reasons. By signing Conklin who is a right tackle makes Wirfs not an option, thank God.  Now Cleveland can go other to other needs like picking Delpit at Safety, a big need, or picking another need in Kenneth Murray. 

So Now It Is the Jets Pick.  Many Jet Fans want them to pick the receiver. Others like myself wants them to protect their most important player, the QB.  So again if you don't have protection for the QB the receiver becomes less valued. So this is why the Jets Pick has to be 

11.  NEW YORK JETS -   TRISTAN WIRFS -  He Fits The biggest Need for the Jets. He pays RT Tackle or slips in at guard for Winters.  Either way the Jets got an ALL PRO.   Thank Conklin for going to Cleveland that they need a left tackle.

So this is how i see it right now. 

TONY 

??   ✈✈   

I honestly think (taking into account what Arizona did last year) that despite their announcement of Haskins as starter, the Redskins ulimately convince themselves to take Tua, give him a year to learn behind Allen and Haskins. If not, they likely do take Young,.

Detroit will not pick at 3 f both Herbert and Tua are there.  I agree Arizona and Cleveland go OL though names might be different.

Looking at what JD has done in FA so far, he is looking for wide split super athletic OL. Jones and Wirfs fit that the best, though having Thomas as an anchor on the left and allowing Fant to be athletic at RT will be attractive as well.

If the board falls the way you have it listed, I can REALLY see the Jets trading to 7 and getting their top OL on the board likely Wirfs, though  prefer Thomas. Thomas is dropping like a rock in mock drafts and not sure why. Maybe he did not interview well.

8 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

A lesser version of Josh Allen?  Now that is funny. The same Josh Allen that most hated as a player but looks like a potential top QB one day.  And please don't put Quinnen Williams in on every DT evaluation. Brown could of came out last year and be ahead of Williams. The only reason Williams was the number 1 pick in the draft was his Combine. He did not get doubled or triple teamed by teams like Brown did. 

Utter nonsense re Brown over quinnen williams.  The things you just aid about brown were the exact same things said about Quinnen williams.

Josh Allen looks like a top rated Qb one day?  Maybe but maybe not. 

If you are the chargers you better love the QB at 6 to pass over other good players and you better love him more than QB crop next year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

I can see Brown dropping, that's my concern, as well as Hebert going top 10..  if Brown and Hebert go top 10 I think we get that LT

Didn’t Derrick Brown test like a slug? I’m almost certain that he’ll fall out of the top 10 and that Maccagnan will be laughing his ass off on his couch when JD passes on his best player in the draft. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

We know, we know @T0mShane.....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Buy It.  Brown is a force and Herbert showed at the Senior Bowl with that offensive line that he is a top QB.  

If there is one position you shouldn't grade because of the SB it is the QB position. There is already years of tape on Herbert making an all star game tape mute.

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Wirfs is a homerun there. 

can Becton play RT if the picks switch?

Becton has played both positions. During his Sophomore year he would play both positions in the same game.

Wirfs is the prototype athletic OL that it seems Gase has communicated he is looking for for his scheme. Seems Gase doesn’t necessarily want maulers.  Becton is so athletic though. I’d be happy with any of the 4 including Thomas for sure. Also happy with a lot of the possible 2nd round guys like Niang or Jackson

Would love to know how the Jets tank these guys, especially Josh Jones

5 hours ago, section314 said:

The only fly in the ointment will be the Giants.Really think they go OT, which means either Brown or Okudah gets pushed down to our spot. Could open up a shot to trade back a bit.

If Okudah is there at 11 you'd have to take him, wouldn't you?

• Post of the Week 1