New York's most respected teams in order (edited)

1 minute ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Caring and respecting are different things.  The Jets were a circus the first half of last season and received less respect from the media including hardcore fans like Mike from ESPN. 

Fair

But I don't care at all about Nets basketball. So for me, I put almost every sports team ahead of them. But that would just be my rankings. I understand what you're saying though. 

From a NYers perspective right now:

1. Yankees

2. Giants

3. Rangers 

4. Jets 

5. Islanders 

6. Nets

7. Mets

8. Knicks

To sum it up, there's nobody less respected than the Mets & Knicks. The Nets are somebody that nobody cares about enough to respect. Numbers 2-5 are kind of all jumbled together at the moment, with no clear leaders and they are all interchangeable. The Yankees will always be the class of NY.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

1. Yankees

2. Giants

3. Rangers 

4. Jets 

5. Islanders 

6. Nets

7. Mets

8. Knicks

To sum it up, there's nobody less respected than the Mets & Knicks. The Nets are somebody that nobody cares about enough to respect. Numbers 2-5 are kind of all jumbled together at the moment, with no clear leaders and they are all interchangeable. The Yankees will always be the class of NY.

I remember back in 96 when I was stationed in South Korea when I was being yelled a 'Tuna lover 'for wearing a Jets jacket. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

1. Yankees

2. Giants

3. Rangers 

4. Jets 

5. Islanders 

6. Nets

7. Mets

8. Knicks

This list seems more accurate.....  

18 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

1. Yankees

2. Giants

3. Rangers 

4. Jets 

5. Islanders 

6. Nets

7. Mets

8. Knicks

I would be okay with switching the Rangers and Giants, but otherwise, this is accurate.

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

26 years old, have lived in the city my whole life:

Yankees

Giants

Rangers

Mets

Jets

Nets (I think no one cares about them)

Islanders (? I don’t follow hockey at all)

Knicks

This list is spot on, except id put the islanders in front of the Nets.  Islanders posess a loyal passionate fanbase.  The Nets just fired there coach for no apparent reason.

8 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

1. Yankees

2. Giants

3. Rangers 

4. Jets 

5. Islanders 

6. Nets

7. Mets

8. Knicks