New York's most respected teams in order (edited)

• Yankees (Easy)

• Giants (Easy)

• Rangers (Easy)

• Jets (Here's where it gets harder, but I put them here)

• Mets (When the Mets are winning, NYC is electric for 'em)

• Knicks (The "prestige" they once had prevents them from being last.  This abomination still sells out almost every single night)

• Islanders (Who?)

• Nets (Again, who?)

• New York Gaurdians (Might actually pass the Nets and Islanders one day)

• New York Red Bulls (See note about the New York Gaurdians)

12 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I think you need to define "respected" a little better.

Does "Respected" = "Admired"? Does "Respected" = "Want to play/work for"?

By who? (fans, media, players in the league, league executives etc)

NY's Most Privileged fanbase

1. Yankees - Their fans are like rattlesnakes. If they don't win they hate everyone.

2. Giants - Another fanbase  from the repitilia kingdom.

3. Islanders - Long Island A world of its own 

4. Nets - They think they're an actual professional franchise

5. Knicks -Once were a great franchise until Dolan

6. Rangers - one of the Original six.  Insanely loyal.

7. Jets - Like the Cubs, thier fans are true green.

8. Mets - The Ultimate Loyal fanbase in the history of sports.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Yankees

-huge gap

Giants

devils- when they had Lamorielo

islanders- now that they have Lamorielo

Rangers

everyone else is a laughingstock 

After top 3, agree on laughing stock and devils don’t count buuuuttt the Nets would be dead last as far as “franchises” go

NY is a baseball town.

Yankees and Mets on top.  If you are talking most loved, depends on who's winning.  

But its all too hard to list.  The original list tells you all you need about your view on Hockey.  Not only did you forget the Islanders and they 4 championship, you left off the Devils and theirs. 

14 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

1. Yankees

2. Giants

3. Rangers

4. Nets

5. Mets 

6. Jets 

7. Islanders 

8. Knicks

I would flip the Mets and Islanders.  I think that like the Nets, not enough people pay attention to them to have negative respect. 

I am a Yankees fan, but that isnt why i put the Mets 2nd from last.  The Coupons are just such horrible owners.  From screwing Doubleday on the valuation, to Madoff, to firing Willie Randolph in the middle of the night after a cross country flight, to botching the sale to a guy who would change the culture, if there is a bush league move to make, the Mets owners are guaranteed to make it.  

I really felt sympathy for the Mets fans with the botched Cohen deal.  Can only hope that is the last time Fred & Jeff screw ya over, but ya never know what a new owner can be.  Look at the Dodgers with FOX & the McCourts or the Yankees CBS years.  

Lil Jimmy Dolan is a total joke.  Only reason he runs the Knicks, Rangers & MSG was because daddy Charles knew he was a schmuck and wanted him away from Cablevision.

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

NY's Most Privileged fanbase

1. Yankees - Their fans are like rattlesnakes. If they don't win they hate everyone.

2. Giants - Another fanbase  from the repitilia kingdom.

3. Islanders - Long Island A world of its own 

4. Nets - They think they're an actual professional franchise

5. Knicks -Once were a great franchise until Dolan

6. Rangers - one of the Original six.  Insanely loyal.

7. Jets - Like the Cubs, thier fans are true green.

8. Mets - The Ultimate Loyal fanbase in the history of sports.

Those are the younger Yankees fans, who never saw them in a World Series w/o Jeter, nor watched the life fade from Donnie Baseball's bat.  Plenty of us remember suffering through Ed Whitson, Steve Sax and Tim Leary.

4 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

Those are the younger Yankees fans, who never saw them in a World Series w/o Jeter, nor watched the life fade from Donnie Baseball's bat.  Plenty of us remember suffering through Ed Whitson, Steve Sax and Tim Leary.

Yea didn't mean to be mean. I know alot of Jets fans here are Yankee fans. I have a ton of friends who are Yankee fans (I keep them at a distance ? ) The fanbase in the days of George Steinbrenner and Reggie were just so obnoxious. Its like they took the joy of winning out of the experience.  Having dynasties like the Yankees and Pats did just generate a sense of privilege. And when they lose, watch out. I've never seen that form Mets/Jets/ Rangers/Knicks fans.  Probably because they constantly lose. ?  But  when those teams win it makes so very special, like some miraculous phenomena.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yea didn't mean to be mean. I know alot of Jets fans here are Yankee fans. I have a ton of friends who are Yankee fans (I keep them at a distance ? ) The fanbase in the days of George Steinbrenner and Reggie were just so obnoxious. Its like they took the joy of winning out of the experience.  Having dynasties like the Yankees and Pats did just generate a sense of privilege. And when they lose, watch out. I've never seen that form Mets/Jets/ Rangers/Knicks fans.  Probably because they constantly lose?  But  when those teams win it makes so very special, like some miraculous phenomena.

Key point. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yea didn't mean to be mean. I know alot of Jets fans here are Yankee fans. I have a ton of friends who are Yankee fans (I keep them at a distance ? ) The fanbase in the days of George Steinbrenner and Reggie were just so obnoxious. Its like they took the joy of winning out of the experience.  Having dynasties like the Yankees and Pats did just generate a sense of privilege. And when they lose, watch out. I've never seen that form Mets/Jets/ Rangers/Knicks fans.  Probably because they constantly lose. ?  But  when those teams win it makes so very special, like some miraculous phenomena.

Yankee fans and pats fans are interchangeable...lol

• Sympathy 1