Draft Officially set for April 23-25

Matt39

This is great give the people something to watch in the sports world and no one has to be close to each other. This and fa will help take are minds off of this fing virus for a couple of hours. Plus at least we don’t have to see some jets fan make a fool of them self when the picks are made.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Any disadvantage if say Giants/Jets/Eagles are operating out of their basements with only a few people around, vs some other teams who may have access to their facility by then? I can see some leniency with clocks and getting trades in on time given the various potential setups.

I liked the idea floated by Schefter and Connor Rogers to break the draft further (e.g. 1st round day 1, 2nd round, day 2; 3-4th rounds day 3; 5-7 day 4).  Might also give teams some more time to prepare.

This is one unique year if the NFL offseason has ever had one. No private workouts or any of the physical evaluations. This provides a challenge I don’t think any of us have ever seen NFL teams have to go through. It’ll be interesting to see how GM’s play it with the minimal contact with draft prospects.

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is one unique year if the NFL offseason has ever had one. No private workouts or any of the physical evaluations. This provides a challenge I don’t think any of us have ever seen NFL teams have to go through. It’ll be interesting to see how GM’s play it with the minimal contact with draft prospects.

It’s a built in excuse, but honestly I think it’s going to work out.

Instead of falling in love with guys for arbitrary reasons during the weeks leading up to the draft, teams are going to be forced to draft guys based on tape, production, and external research. 

Does anyone remember when Tannenbaum fell in love with Stephen Hill because he wore a suit to his meeting?

• Sympathy 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:52 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

Can’t wait to see the live shot of Joe D and Gase in Gases basement with a couple of whiteboards. 

Maybe Gase makes an appearance this year. Last year it was like he was staying locked up in his bedroom crying under his bed.

19 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm thinking Gase has had Corona Virus for years

I love how in the exhibition games he's happy go lucky jokester sniffing the sauce cracking jokes. Yet when it mattered most he sulks with a blank stare on the sidelines failing to convert on 3rd and 3s. Not saying 1 word to anyone..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

People are dropping like flies and we are worrying about the draft ????

People are still being paid to do their jobs if they can. Dont see why this wouldnt apply to football executives.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

People are dropping like flies and we are worrying about the draft ????

This type of crap is getting exhausting.  Everyone now knows the virus outbreak is a very serious situation.  

If they can pull it off while meeting all the safety measures set in place, why shouldn't they do it?

I'll personally welcome the semblance if normalcy brought on by the joy I get from sports.  

Edit:. Bad choice of phrasing to say "anyone with a pulse".  Removed that part.

• Upvote 4

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

This type of crap is getting exhausting.  Anyone with a pulse by now knows the virus outbreak is a very serious situation.  

If they can pull it off while meeting all the safety measures set in place, why shouldn't they do it?

I'll personally welcome the semblance if normalcy brought on by the joy I get from sports.  

Conducting the draft will be no different than what many of us experience every day working from home during this outbreak.

• Upvote 1