Sam Darnolds public perception

It’s amazing how negative Sams public’s perception is. On social media platforms whenever Sam is brought up other people seem to absolutely trash him as if he’s built in the same mold as Geno or Sanchez. I mean the MNF “ghost” game definitely did him no favors in front of a national audience. This guy on twitter did an Allen vs Darnold poll and Allen won 7,777 - 221!!! I’ve watched pretty much all of Sams games since his last year at USC and I think the guy is incredible and I’ll die on a hill with the belief he will be elite. I can’t wait till he proves all the haters wrong. 

39D4D334-3F65-48EF-9967-3255C37E6511.png

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Eh people are more inclined to “like” vs retweet. Therefore this poll is rigged and denied. 

Forget about this poll, just in general he has a very negative perception. People think he absolutely sucks. It’s amazing really

seeing Darnold as he is, a guy with a severeley limited pre NFL resume and some very obvious mechanical flaws , who came to the NFL on a weak team and played himself into bottom 6 ratings 2 years in a row, who has 4 300 yd games in 23 starts...    and HATING is quite another thing...

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Honestly..... Josh Allen has absolutely earned being way ahead of him to this point. Look at hisTD/Int ratio- plus bringing a team to the playoffs. Don’t be mad about that- it’s just facts.

Let’s just hope Sam can change the narrative next year. Why care what others think of the Jets????  Like I said..... Currently they deserve still being on the butt end of jokes- what- 50 + years and  counting??? 
I actually like very much what I see from Sam.... hopefully no he can stay healthy and hoping more JD is in year one of a rebuild we can actually FINALLY get right.... Maybe one day we will all be proud of our Lovable losers The Jets!!... and then we can start listening to what people think about Sam Darnold and the Jets.

?

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I wouldn’t worry about public perception. 

A year ago, the Browns were the world champs on Twitter. Didn’t end up mattering too much.

If the Jets win, perception changes. If they don’t, it doesn’t. 

Also, we do better historically when no one expects anything from us. 

Yes you do, just for the Browns.  :-)

• Sympathy 1

Listen, between us being a garbage franchise and our games where people are forced to see us simply because its a primetime game and they love football, we normally sh*t the bed in some form of fashion. I dont blame or really care what people think but if were being real, the jets are nowhere near being apart or the upper echelon franchises in the nfl. Were pretty trash. Still love em. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

It’s amazing how negative Sams public’s perception is. On social media platforms whenever Sam is brought up other people seem to absolutely trash him as if he’s built in the same mold as Geno or Sanchez. I mean the MNF “ghost” game definitely did him no favors in front of a national audience. This guy on twitter did an Allen vs Darnold poll and Allen won 7,777 - 221!!! I’ve watched pretty much all of Sams games since his last year at USC and I think the guy is incredible and I’ll die on a hill with the belief he will be elite. I can’t wait till he proves all the haters wrong. 

,,, and nico retweeted at least 200 of those.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

wtf is this guy talking about

• WTF? 1

I honestly don’t follow social media because it’s mostly bullsh*t anyway.  The way I see it every fan thinks their QB is “the guy” and that’s fine.  I wanted us to draft Sam for over a year.  I honestly dont care if he ever becomes a MVP or “elite”.  I do think he is gonna be a really good QB.  He has things he needs to fix ive always admitted that but I like a lot of what I’ve seen despite not much help around him.  

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

221 people do not know who Adam Gase is.

Public perception for QBs goes up and down year to year.  Now people are even realizing that Aarom Rodgers isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread.  And I thought that would never happen.  QB's get to much credit when they win and too much blame when they fail.

• Upvote 2

Darnold was/is a guy with immense potential from a physical standpoint, and also from an intangible standpoint. It's just that to this point he hasn't put it all together. His game still includes horrible mechanics at times, and a losing record. While it was unfortunate that he missed the beginning of the year last year with mono,... He still missed the beginning of the year.

This is a huge year for Sam Darnold. If he doesn't show dramatic improvement... it will be very hard for him to overcome the image of him being just another guy.

The reason I say this is because how many quarterbacks can you think of that are considered amazing NFL quarterbacks that were late bloomers. I guess one answer to that could be Drew Brees but that's not really the same thing.

Yes Sam is pretty young so he has that on his side... But he still has been in the league for 3 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Guys, here’s the truth. Stop worrying about public perception. I think I have a better feel for what Josh Allen is at this point than what Sam is (due to Sam’s terrible supporting cast). 

1 good year out of Sam, and public perception flips. But we’re not in this to win PR, we want to win games. So either Sam does well, we win games (and trust me, you won’t be giving a damn about his public perception when we’re winning) or we’re looking for a new QB in the next couple years.

• Post of the Week 1

Fans normally just watch their team. So their perception of other team’s players is basically stats. Darnold’s stats haven’t been good. So he is probably viewed as a bust around the league.

As Jets fans, we know he hasn’t had much to work with. But then we see him with green colored glasses. We need to get him weapons and another OT.

This year is an important year. Hopefully he proves worthy of a second contract.

• Upvote 2