Sam Darnolds public perception

On 3/26/2020 at 8:43 PM, Rhg1084 said:

It’s amazing how negative Sams public’s perception is. On social media platforms whenever Sam is brought up other people seem to absolutely trash him as if he’s built in the same mold as Geno or Sanchez. I mean the MNF “ghost” game definitely did him no favors in front of a national audience. This guy on twitter did an Allen vs Darnold poll and Allen won 7,777 - 221!!! I’ve watched pretty much all of Sams games since his last year at USC and I think the guy is incredible and I’ll die on a hill with the belief he will be elite. I can’t wait till he proves all the haters wrong. 

39D4D334-3F65-48EF-9967-3255C37E6511.png

The bills were better. By a ducking lot. That’s gonna rub off. Not worried 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Sam still has to prove his worth.  Allen, for all his faults and despite having a better team/coaching, still made the playoffs.

Thats like saying Mark Sanchez proved he was worth more than Matthew Stafford from 2009-2011.

43 minutes ago, Vader said:

The bills were better. By a ducking lot. That’s gonna rub off. Not worried 

Yup.  Also did not help Darnold's perception that he had his worst game on MNF with the whole seeing ghosts thing.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Well I’m 2010 many thought Sanchez would accomplish more then Stafford.  But Sam Darnold is no Sanchez and he’ll be ok i think 

I think most unbiased people would agree that it would have been way too early to make such a declaration and that 2 years does not make a career.

I honestly think both are going to be fine, and I didn't have that faith in Allen when he was coming out of college.

Allen is more exciting, he is a weapon himself, he doesn't need weapons... that is how it looks, with his incredible running skills. That influences people. Sam isn't nearly as exciting. I hope with mono behind him, he will show us more of his physical skills and make yardage with his feet, keeping plays alive, etc.