Defense Wins Championships

The AFC East division is now wide open for the first time in 20 years: Bill Belichick is in trouble (will become exposed as a fraud).

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

In the grasp only stopped people from piling on and whipping them around when they were already wrapped up. Didn't stop all the hard hits that would have been penalties today.

It allowed them to avoid big hits, in some instances they would literally get touched and grabbed and the whistle would blow.

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Lol you show a play where Brady runs the ball.

He was scrambling.  

108078213_original.jpg

tom-brady-sacked.jpg

unnamed.jpg

10329753.jpg

images.jpeg

APTOPIX_Chargers_Patriots_Football_0b30c.jpg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The best head coach of ALL TIME is Joe Gibbs. Take Brady away from Belichick & see if he can win 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs like Gibbs did. Until another coach wins Super Bowls with DIFFERENT QBs they're all looking up at Gibbs. 

Belichick won nothing without Brady, and I'm telling you right now he's not winning another Super Bowl without him.

I agree about Bill without Tom it's 100% true. 

But John Madden is the greatest coach of All-Time. 

Record of 103-32 All-Time 

Winning percentage of .759%.

1 SB title. 

10 years.  

Maybe not the greatest due to only 1 SB but still better than Belly. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The best head coach of ALL TIME is Joe Gibbs. Take Brady away from Belichick & see if he can win 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs like Gibbs did. Until another coach wins Super Bowls with DIFFERENT QBs they're all looking up at Gibbs. 

Belichick won nothing without Brady, and I'm telling you right now he's not winning another Super Bowl without him.

BB couldn't even get to the playoffs with 3 different QBs.  

• Upvote 1

No one will ever convince me that todays QB's are hit like the QB's in the 80's & 90's. It's simply not true and an absurd argument to make. So - no surprise to see it coming from junk.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No one will ever convince me that todays QB's are hit like the QB's in the 80's & 90's. It's simply not true and an absurd argument to make. So - no surprise to see it coming from junk.

That's because you choose to live in the moment and forget.  I remember how study everyone complained the NFL was, how older players complained.  It happens with every generation and while they change rules to protect QBs they still get hit and with each new generation they get hit by biggest, stronger, faster, more athletic players.  The collisions are at a higher rate of speed so while there may be less of them the impact is pretty similar.

• Haha 1

Look at this vicious hit on Ken O'Brien, I don't know how he recovered.

😂😂.  You guys forget, I remember.

So bored that I actually started to read that.  Got through the first couple of paragraphs.  Thoughts:

Nobody ever called you stats.  You had nicknames here, that was not one.

#12 is Namath.  Using it for some hair-plugged douchebag is an abomination.  

I will provide more thoughts on Wednesday when I get through the next paragraph, although it seems to deteriorate into some weird bullet point thing, so I am not quite sure how to determine my cut-off.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hate this false myth. 

Football players especially on defense today are bigger, faster, stronger and way more powerful than many and many of years ago as athletes continue to evolve athletically and QB's are protected but still take beatings by these ANIMALS below. 

QB's of years ago would have ended up in body bags. 

These men are so deadly as of today, where the the league and refs are FORCED to take extreme measures for player safety and had to change the rules of the game especially on kickoff returns because players of the 30's-70's etc did not run as fast, weren't as powerful and strong and didn't hit as hard as these men do today/ 

• Upvote 1

Here for the Belichick is actually not a good coach takes along with QBs are #actually hit harder now takes.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hate this false myth. 

Football players especially on defense today are bigger, faster, stronger and way more powerful than many and many of years ago as athletes continue to evolve athletically and QB's are protected but still take beatings by these ANIMALS below. 

These men are so deadly as of today, where the the league and refs are FORCED to take extreme measures for player safety and had to change the rules of the game especially on kickoff returns because players of the 30's-70's etc did not run as fast, weren't as powerful and strong and didn't hit as hard as these men do today/ 

High bar to clear, but this is as weird and bad a take as anyone has ever posted here

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Here for the Belichick is actually not a good coach takes along with QBs are #actually hit harder now takes.

Read this first then get back to me

32769_460s.jpg

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Montana played in the "in the grasp" era where basically if a defender halfway wrapped you up they blew the whistle.  Players are bigger, stronger, faster than ever before.  Rules are in place to protect QBs but they still get hit as hard as ever.

No they don't sorry but qb since Brady has come in have been untouchable compared to Montana and then compare that to when Namath played. When qbs got smacked around 10x as bad. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hate this false myth. 

All things are equal right? so if the players were smaller they were all smaller even the qbs? equipment was less protective and dirty hits were allowed.

All I am saying is it ia fallacy to compare eras of qbs against different eras and say one guy is tougher then another. Remember when Thiesman broke his leg(clean play by the way)? Or when Namath missed a year on a cheap shot on his knees?  Those plays were allowed then and are not allowed now.

You take the exception qbs from any era and they would still be exceptional qbs. Rules now are meant to protect the qb when 30 yrs ago they were not as tough and 40 to 50 yrs ago a qb was fair game. 

It is the evolution of the game but if you take brady and place back in time 30 to 40 yrs ago he might not have survived with some of those hits they were giving out. Namath did not his career should have gone on longer but cheap shots took their toll on him and he is one of the tougher guys I have met.

if anyone touches the hem of brady's dress he jumps up and down in fron t of the refs, has a temper-tantrum, and cries like a baby

Belickick will find another TB12 fund to skirt the salary cap, continue with his video-taping and all other shady business practices with impunity because Goodell s*cks his b*lls.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, ljr said:

if anyone touches the hem of brady's dress he jumps up and down in fron t of the refs, has a temper-tantrum, and cries like a baby

Belickick will find another TB12 fund to skirt the salary cap, continue with his video-taping and all other shady business practices with impunity because Goodell s*cks his b*lls.

All I know is that Bill Belichick has coached 10 QB's throughout his 20+ year coaching career (not named Tom Brady) in...

Kosar. Philcox. Testaverde. Tomczak. Rypien. Zeier. Bledsoe. Cassel. Garopollo. Brissett. 

And has only made the playoffs 1 time, a career losing record without #12 and has never once even sniffed a SB with any of the above (not named Tom Brady). 

So I find it hard to believe when fans make remarks such as... "Belickick will find another TB12". 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

No, you’re just wrong.  
They’ve changed all the rules to protect the QB.  Argue away.  Another classic fail

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

What logic is at work here exactly other than you starting an argument with a whole board that knows you’re wrong

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No, you’re just wrong.  
They’ve changed all the rules to protect the QB.  Argue away.  Another classic fail

As usual you present a great counter argument 😂

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

Parcells won with 2 QBs

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

QBs who aren’t superstars still get hit very hard

I'll keep it simple (in order to dumb it down for the absolute blind). 

I've seen Jet fans acting as if Bill coached during the 1930's, the 50 and/or or the 1970's or something. 

Regardless, it doesn't matter; i couldn't care less about which era he stated his losing coaching career in, because a winner is a winner and a loser is a loser: Babe Ruth and the Yankees were winners. Outside of 1969 our N.Y Jets have always been losers. Era has had nothing to do with it. 

Bill Belichick has coached 117 games without Tom Brady.

That, is not a small sample size.

For example;

Adam Gase has only coached 64 games. 

And without Tom Brady during those 117 games, which equates to 7.3 years of head coaching (more than a lifetime for most head coaches historically speaking). 

Bill Belichick has a head coaching record of 54-63 without the greatest of All-Time leading the way for him. 

After 117 games that's a winning percentage of .461% without the GOAT. 

Throughout those 7.3 seasons without Brady - he's only had 1 playoff appearance, only 2 winning seasons and 5 dreadful losing seasons (6/7 years of no postseason). 

I've seen Jet fans state that Adam Gase deserves no credit for Peyton Manning of 2013-2014 and that it was #18 running the show. 

But yet without the Greatest QB of All-Time ruining the show for him - he's never once even sniffed an AFC Conference Championship game - let alone a super bowl; he's never even won a divisional playoff game without Tom Brady. 

Before Tom Brady, Bill Belichick (the fraud) was only 1-4 overall against even our lowly New York Jets (1-1 as Cleveland head coach and a laughable 0-3 as New England head coach without Brady as his official starter). 

Couldn't win without him. And won't win without him. And hasn't never won jack squat without him; not even a divisional playoff win without him. Not even an above .500 record without him. 

I watched that game live. I know what I'm talking about. I seen the birth of Tom Brady. And I know what type of career losing coach Bill was before Tom's first ever pass (0/6 heading into his 7th year).

Brady was pure greatness from the very start. He was different. You could just see it. Did you see him laughing on the sidelines right next to Drew Bledsoe after Bledsoe got rocked? Smiling from eat to ear lol Brady couldn't give two craps back then the kid was fired up and just wanted to play. You can see it in his eyes and little cocky arrogant smirk of his Brady was just different even back then. He truly saved Bill's career. As soon as he got into the game he took command of the huddle. He was ready made. 

When I created this thread with my original post, I did not want to post these videos at the time (and I didn't).

I wanted first cover his entire coaching career both with and without Brady with no rock left unturned -lwhile paining a story in order so you could read the book - before watching the movie. This is Chess, not Checkers.  

Enjoy. 

• Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'll keep it simple (in order to dumb it down for the absolute blind). 

I've seen Jet fans acting as if Bill coached during the 1930's, the 50 and/or or the 1970's or something. 

Regardless, it doesn't matter; i couldn't care less about which era he stated his losing coaching career in, because a winner is a winner and a loser is a loser: Babe Ruth and the Yankees were winners. Outside of 1969 our N.Y Jets have always been losers. Era has had nothing to do with it. 

Bill Belichick has coached 117 games without Tom Brady.

That, is not a small sample size.

For example;

Adam Gase has only coached 64 games. 

And without Tom Brady during those 117 games, which equates to 7.3 years of head coaching (more than a lifetime for most head coaches historically speaking). 

Bill Belichick has a head coaching record of 54-63 without the greatest of All-Time leading the way for him. 

After 117 games that's a winning percentage of .461% without the GOAT. 

Throughout those 7.3 seasons without Brady - he's only had 1 playoff appearance, only 2 winning seasons and 5 dreadful losing seasons (6/7 years of no postseason). 

I've seen Jet fans state that Adam Gase deserves no credit for Peyton Manning of 2013-2014 and that it was #18 running the show. 

But yet without the Greatest QB of All-Time ruining the show for him - he's never once even sniffed an AFC Conference Championship game - let alone a super bowl; he's never even won a divisional playoff game without Tom Brady. 

Before Tom Brady, Bill Belichick (the fraud) was only 1-4 overall against even our lowly New York Jets (1-1 as Cleveland head coach and a laughable 0-3 as New England head coach without Brady as his official starter). 

Couldn't win without him. And won't win without him. And hasn't never won jack squat without him; not even a divisional playoff win without him. Not even an above .500 record without him. 

I watched that game live. I know what I'm talking about. I seen the birth of Tom Brady. And I know what type of career losing coach Bill was before Tom's first ever pass (0/6 heading into his 7th year).

Brady was pure greatness from the very start. He was different. You could just see it. Did you see him laughing on the sidelines right next to Drew Bledsoe after Bledsoe got rocked? Smiling from eat to ear lol Brady couldn't give two craps back then the kid was fired up and just wanted to play. You can see it in his eyes and little cocky arrogant smirk of his Brady was just different even back then. He truly saved Bill's career. As soon as he got into the game he took command of the huddle. He was ready made. 

When I created this thread with my original post, I did not want to post these videos at the time (and I didn't).

I wanted first cover his entire coaching career both with and without Brady with no rock left unturned -lwhile paining a story in order so you could read the book - before watching the movie. This is Chess, not Checkers.  

Enjoy. 

Excellent post, I've been arguing these points for over a decade.  The evidence has always been there. I remember rumblings about BBs job before Brady took over, I remember how BB was viewed around the league and instantly it changed. 

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Excellent post, I've been arguing these points for over a decade.  The evidence has always been there. I remember rumblings about BBs job before Brady took over, I remember how BB was viewed around the league and instantly it changed. 

Me and my older brother watched Brady's first game together and before Tom took his first start, after 6 years, Bill was only 13 games under .500 and 0-2 during his 7th season (2001) before the magical birth of the Greatest QB of All-Time. 

It's funny. Jet fans will give Bill credit for Brady but won't give Gase credit as an Offensive Coordinator for Peyton Manning's two years of a #1 offense and Manning setting the single season record (@ the time) for most TD's ever. Hypocritical hypocrites, much? 

And the same Jet fans who attack Gase for being 4 games under .500 after 4 years are the same fans who ignore Bill being 13-14 games below .500 before the birth of Brady; more hypocritical types of hypocrites. 

It makes me laugh @ them....

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Me and my older brother watched Brady's first game together and before Tom took his first start, after 6 years, Bill was only 13 games under .500 and 0-2 during his 7th season (2001) before the magical birth of the Greatest QB of All-Time. 

It's funny. Jet fans will give Bill credit for Brady but won't give Gase credit as an Offensive Coordinator for Peyton Manning's two years of a #1 offense and Manning setting the single season record (@ the time) for most TD's ever. Hypocritical hypocrites, much? 

And the same Jet fans who attack Gase for being 4 games under .500 after 4 years are the same fans who ignore Bill being 13-14 games below .500 before the birth of Brady; more hypocritical types of hypocrites. 

It makes me laugh @ them....

What's funny is all the QBs who played more than a couple of games for him all had more success without BB than with him.  Kosar made 3 AFC championship games without him, Vinny made an AFC championship game and win a division title without him, Cassel won a division title, Bledsoe made a SB and numerous playoff apps,...

Since you brought up Peyton we'd always see in Peyton vs Brady debates how Peyton was better because he had the greatest HC of all time.  The funny thing is each of Peyton's HCs had more success without Peyton than BB did without Brady.

Without Peyton:

Mora was 93-74, made 4 playoff apps and won a division title.

Dungy 54-42, 4 playoff apps, 1 division title, made NFC championship game.

Caldwell 36-28, made playoffs twice

Fox made 3 playoff apps, 2 NFC championship games and a super bowl.

Kubiak won 2 division titles

BB without Brady:

9 games under .500

5 losing seasons in 7 full years

Just 1 Wild Card playoff appearance

Enjoy the 2 year window lol

84B4729D-5AC1-44A5-8C35-BB2A90DFB578.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

for being a great college QB, he is one ugly dude, no gay

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Assuming he's a top QB in next year's draft you think NE is going to go 3-13 and in play for the #1 pick?  And even if they are and he turns out great, there have been a million great QBs but none have approached the success of Brady.  

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

What's funny is all the QBs who played more than a couple of games for him all had more success without BB than with him.  Kosar made 3 AFC championship games without him, Vinny made an AFC championship game and win a division title without him, Cassel won a division title, Bledsoe made a SB and numerous playoff apps,...

Since you brought up Peyton we'd always see in Peyton vs Brady debates how Peyton was better because he had the greatest HC of all time.  The funny thing is each of Peyton's HCs had more success without Peyton than BB did without Brady.

Without Peyton:

Mora was 93-74, made 4 playoff apps and won a division title.

Dungy 54-42, 4 playoff apps, 1 division title, made NFC championship game.

Caldwell 36-28, made playoffs twice

Fox made 3 playoff apps, 2 NFC championship games and a super bowl.

Kubiak won 2 division titles

BB without Brady:

9 games under .500

5 losing seasons in 7 full years

Just 1 Wild Card playoff appearance

Yup and Matt Cassel not only made the playoffs but actually made a Pro Bowl once escaping Bill. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

As mentioned within thread title; the FRAUD is screwed without Brady moving forward and will (once again) become EXPOSED ala a lot more of where this came from...

The *Patriots Dynasty* is dead and it died the very moment Tom Brady signed for $50,000,00 with another Franchise (Hoyer is proof in the pudding folks lol).  

AFC East is now wide open for the first time in almost 20 years (outside of 2008 when Miami took the Bradyless division) with no Jim Kelly, no Dan Marino and once again no more Tom Brady (the greatest of them all). 

Everyone has the right to their own opinion...but this is such a stupid argument to have when his own damn professional peers, players both past and present have him if not the GOAT damn near at the top of the list

But the internet is claiming him to be a fraud without Tom Brady...mind you a player he help developed into a great player

Just wow only on the internet.