Folorunso Fatukasi

TNJet

9 minutes ago, TNJet said:

This guy is my favorite Jet defensive lineman. At 6-4 and 320, this dude could end up being the best NT since Kris Jenkins for us. He's surprisingly nimble for such a big guy, shows when he shoots the gaps for TFL's. That is all.

That is some big praise.  Love Jenkins, and hope this guy can be as good for us!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

That is some big praise.  Love Jenkins, and hope this guy can be as good for us!

I really think Foley is a big reason we had a great rush defense last season. He made everyone better on that line.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know nothing about him but I'd settle for a Sione Pouha however i feel and believe (as i did with Jamal Adams) that Quinnen Williams is going to become an absolute nightmare on our Defensive Line. Loved with Alabama. 

I hear ya but he will be a much better player than Sione. He's bigger and more athletic. Pro bowl potential at interior Dline.

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

I just signed up for NFL Game Pass and I am excited to go back and watch the coaches film. I want to look at some of the lineman we've signed but then also guys like him. 

Yeah game Pass is greatr for that.  It's one of the reasons I'm no longer freaked out about Fant.  :)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Start with Foley, Shepherd, and Kyle Phillips. Thise guys made us respectable on D last year. Once Quinnen grows up physically he'll be good also.

Thanks! I am open to a lot of recommendations. I think I'll even pay for NFL Game Pass after the free trial ends because it would be awesome to rewatch next year's games during the week. 

Phillips is a guy that really jumped out at me watching the games in real time. But a lot of them look like the same person when I have to deal with that TV angle and no replays haha, so it will be great to see them as if I was at the stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He was a beast last year. Him, McLendon, and Shepard all played really well along that line. Now we just need Quinnen Williams to step up. But this is more evidence that you don't need to waste premium draft picks on these positions. 

Yep. Don't forget how good Kyle Phillips motor was...

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, TNJet said:

This guy is my favorite Jet defensive lineman. At 6-4 and 320, this dude could end up being the best NT since Kris Jenkins for us. He's surprisingly nimble for such a big guy, shows when he shoots the gaps for TFL's. That is all.

320.  Jenkins was 306. Hes a diamond in the rough for sure. And seems like a team first kind of guy. You dont hear a peep out of him. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You have the 6 and 0 in the wrong order 

Kris Jenkins

Kristopher Rudy-Charles Jenkins

Position: DT

6-4360lb (193cm, 163kg)

OHHHH Not my fault. I looked up his stats on an NFL website said it was 306. I thought that was light lol 

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Oh? He looked the part of LT?

Actually I've seen him mostly play RT last, which he did well.  As a rookie, just converted from a TE, he played acceptly well at LT.  Physically he seems better suited to play LT, and with a few more years since his rookie year, I have no doubt he can do it..  Obviously so does Douglas.

@mrcoops said it pretty well in post #21 in this thread. 

"I was watching the Seahawks / Eagles playoff game yesterday while on a COVID-necessitated walk on the treadmill. Fant was the starting LT and played well against some very talented pass-rushers."

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He was a beast last year. Him, McLendon, and Shepard all played really well along that line. Now we just need Quinnen Williams to step up. But this is more evidence that you don't need to waste premium draft picks on these positions. 

Agreed. But.........

Gong into last pre-season and regular season many here were labeling him & Shepard busts and wanted them cut. They became key contributors.

I know Q was drafted top 10 in the 1st round, but let's give him this season to see if he can make the same leap before labeling him a bust too.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Kris Jenkins was a beast!

jetex.gif.add2bb27d3220b505d4940869ae75b8a.gif.5654e1611fd3d6774f3fa55755f20c7e.gif

This was in Rex Ryan's first ever game as the HC of the NYJ....a win by rookie Mark Sanchez on the road in Houston.

Oh yeah, I remember that.  What a pity, guy played for the Jets for 3 years.  Only actually played in like 6 games last two seasons.  Great player just couldn't stay on the field

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Kris Jenkins was a beast!

jetex.gif.add2bb27d3220b505d4940869ae75b8a.gif.5654e1611fd3d6774f3fa55755f20c7e.gif

This was in Rex Ryan's first ever game as the HC of the NYJ....a win by rookie Mark Sanchez on the road in Houston.

Rex's defense was so dominant for the first few weeks of that season. 

Houston's offense had no chance that game.