Folorunso Fatukasi

TNJet

On 3/27/2020 at 12:23 PM, slimjasi said:

Rex's defense was so dominant for the first few weeks of that season. 

Houston's offense had no chance that game.

A creative passrush + Revis "the eraser" completely taking the other team's WR1 out of the game.  It was an epic run of Jets defense in that 2009-2011 timeframe.

Our current Jets need to focus on those two areas right now.  We won't get another Revis and you can't fix everything in one season, but I would focus on simply bringing our secondary up from bad to marginally good/decent, but find a way to get that difference maker at Edge rusher.  If we're looking for a relatively "quick fix" in the pass defense I think the way to do that is to improve the pass rush moreso than find two lockdown corners.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

This guy is my favorite Jet defensive lineman. At 6-4 and 320, this dude could end up being the best NT since Kris Jenkins for us. He's surprisingly nimble for such a big guy, shows when he shoots the gaps for TFL's. That is all.

remember that corny olkd Houston Oiler fight song?

I sing that with FOLORUNSO, FOLORUNSO, FATUKASI NUMBER #1!!!     instead of Houston Oilers, HOuston Oilers...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TNJet said:

This guy is my favorite Jet defensive lineman. At 6-4 and 320, this dude could end up being the best NT since Kris Jenkins for us. He's surprisingly nimble for such a big guy, shows when he shoots the gaps for TFL's. That is all.

Okay Folo... how you been holdn' up this off season?

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Kris Jenkins was a beast!

jetex.gif.add2bb27d3220b505d4940869ae75b8a.gif.5654e1611fd3d6774f3fa55755f20c7e.gif

This was in Rex Ryan's first ever game as the HC of the NYJ....a win by rookie Mark Sanchez on the road in Houston.

I'm pretty sure Rex's first ever regular season game/win was against NE in our house. We wore the classic all whites and Sanchez and Keller carved em up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Kerry Rhodes had some nice safety blitzes as well.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know nothing about him but I'd settle for a Sione Pouha however i feel and believe (as i did with Jamal Adams) that Quinnen Williams is going to become an absolute nightmare on our Defensive Line. Loved with Alabama. 

I look forward to the QW haters becoming as quiet as the Baker lovers

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

I'm pretty sure Rex's first ever regular season game/win was against NE in our house. We wore the classic all whites and Sanchez and Keller carved em up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Kerry Rhodes had some nice safety blitzes as well.

That was Rex’s second win I believe the first was the win on the road at Texans we were heavy underdogs I recall 

Rex did his best coaching later that year after Jenkins got injured and turned Pouha from a scrub into one of the best NTs in the NFL

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I look forward to the QW haters becoming as quiet as the Baker lovers

True.

I remember we had quite a few Jamal Adams loud mouth haters who've since been forced to shut up after his First-team All-Pro selection. 

And pretty soon it'll become Quinnen Williams who makes them out to be clueless (although he's making it easier for his critics after his NY gun charge) however I absolutely love hie overall abilities as an athletic big and talent wise reminds me so much of Warren Sapp in the makings (who had an identical rookie year compared to Quinnen's rookie season last year).

Regarding Baker Mayfield. I celebrated when Cleveland selected him over Sam Darnold because I knew that Sam would be our pick as I immediately created a thread over @ TGG laughing at Cleveland for taking Baker Mayfield: I always knew that if you were looking for a scrabbling/running QB that Lamar Jackson was your guy and I absolutely loved him while with Louisville. Baker Mayfield can still become a very good QB in this league and yes he does have the best statistics of his draft class thus far (outside of Lamar Jackson, wow) but I'm just happy we landed Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Nope.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/2009-week-1-jets-at-texans-game-highlights-2429254

On 3/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, jetstream23 said:

Kris Jenkins was a beast!

jetex.gif.add2bb27d3220b505d4940869ae75b8a.gif.5654e1611fd3d6774f3fa55755f20c7e.gif

This was in Rex Ryan's first ever game as the HC of the NYJ....a win by rookie Mark Sanchez on the road in Houston.

Pouha was good.  But...Jenkins was special.  Often injured...Jets lost him for good in 1st game in '09.  Kris would've caused nightmares for offenses in 2009 & '10 seasons.  He was a difference maker that  could alter the course of a game.  

Loved this player. 

• Upvote 1

Fatukasi was definitely a very pleasant surprise last year.  I certainly believe that Quinnen has a chance to step it up and be a quality player, but it was still a horrendously awful pick any way you look at it.  Guys like Fatukasi are a good example of why.  The nauseatingly ridiculous level of investment the team repeatedly made to the DT position in recent years makes it only worse.

Jenkins was an absolute monster, and his 2008 season was truly one of the most impressive things I've ever seen at the position.  None of these guys are ever going to come close to that, and that's not even meant as the slightest bit of criticism to them.

• Upvote 1

Fatukasi is the best! Idk how good he will get but he’s definitely committed to putting in the work and being the best he can be. 

He’s one of the nicest guys in the locker room. He was even cautious to do any interviews or anything when he was playing well because he didn’t want it to seem like “he arrived”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Fatukasi was definitely a very pleasant surprise last year.  I certainly believe that Quinnen has a chance to step it up and be a quality player, but it was still a horrendously awful pick any way you look at it.  Guys like Fatukasi are a good example of why.  The nauseatingly ridiculous level of investment the team repeatedly made to the DT position in recent years makes it only worse.

Jenkins was an absolute monster, and his 2008 season was truly one of the most impressive things I've ever seen at the position.  None of these guys are ever going to come close to that, and that's not even meant as the slightest bit of criticism to them.

Jenkins was the only jet player I ever sensed that other teams genuinely feared

• Upvote 1

I actually think he was one of our top three defenders last year, and was the best player on the line.  He hit the wall a bit and his conditioning isn't up to NFL standards, but he was visibly dominant when he was playing.  Felt like he outplayed McLendon (who had a really good year), Anderson, Leonard (when he was here) and Jenkins and made the QW pick look like a misfire.

One of the few bright spots of last years season.

• Upvote 2

On 3/27/2020 at 11:52 AM, Wonderboy said:

320.  Jenkins was 306. Hes a diamond in the rough for sure. And seems like a team first kind of guy. You dont hear a peep out of him. 

Kris Jenkins was 359 pounds when he played for us.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Jenkins/Fatukasi/Shepherd/Quinnen = Oh shyt for afc east qbs.

The defense really just needs that special edge rusher at OLB and it will take it to the next level.

I trust Gregg Williams to make some magic happen in the secondary with Adams, Maye, Desir, Poole, and even guys like Bless Austin and Maulet.  They don't need to be great but they need to be okay.

The DLine with Henderson, Quinnen, Fatukasi, McClendon, Phillips and Shepherd should do the job.  They'll be above average.

It's the LB that will determine how well this D plays.  Let's assume everyone's healthy first and foremost.  But Mosley, Williamson and Jenkins are very good....they need that one difference maker at Edge though.  That OLB spot opposite Jenkins.  To me....that's the secret sauce that can take what was about the 10th ranked D in the league in 2019 and make it great!

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know nothing about him but I'd settle for a Sione Pouha however i feel and believe (as i did with Jamal Adams) that Quinnen Williams is going to become an absolute nightmare on our Defensive Line. Loved with Alabama. 

i know a lot of posters are down on qwill.  sure he had a bad season for a no. 3 draft pick but he also showed the ability to crush the oline when he did play.  hopefully he gets all of his millenialness out of his psyche.

29 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i know a lot of posters are down on qwill.  sure he had a bad season for a no. 3 draft pick but he also showed the ability to crush the oline when he did play.  hopefully he gets all of his millenialness out of his psyche.

His size, quickness and insane athletiem reminds me so much of a younger Warren Sapp coming out and just look @ Sapp's rookie year, very similar to QW's; 16 games (8 starts), 27 tackles, 1 Forced Fumble and 3.0 sacks (before absolutely exploding during his 2nd year and never looked back thereafter). 

Some Jet fans have already forgotten how extremely talented this kid truly is. 

He's going to become an absolute nightmare in the trenches under Gregg Williams coaching. 

• Upvote 2