And the next failed Belichick assistant is...

Philc1

22 hours ago, GeorgeJetson said:

I see Joe Judge as being very successful. That guy is about as no nonsense as it comes. 

He seems like he could be the exception that proves the rule. Probably by not having been in the organization long enough nor high up enough, still maintains a working relationship  with reality 

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Judge is inheriting a very good young QB in Jones who has weapons.  If the giants fix that defense they have a chance to be good in what’s turning into a bad division 

And I’m a giants hater

Judge is inheriting 12 wins over the past 3 seasons and two big egos in Mara and Gettelman. 

I see at least another season or two of dashed big blue expectations... teams stay sh*ttay for eons in today's NFL. Who knows better than us?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sackdance said:

Judge is inheriting 12 wins over the past 3 seasons and two big egos in Mara and Gettelman. 

I see at least another season or two of dashed big blue expectations... teams stay sh*ttay for eons in today's NFL. Who knows better than us?

I’d love for you to be right but Jones is real.  Fix that defense they win the NFC East

On 3/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, Philc1 said:

Mangini had a very easy schedule in ‘06 and got exposed the following year.  The Favre trade he opposed actually helped him because it got the  jets to 9 wins before he got injured people still fawn over him like he’s this gem meanwhile he stunk in ‘07 and stunk in Cleveland and no one wants to hire him even as an assistant 

The favre trade got him fired, favre was not the reason we got better in 2008 but he was the biggest reason we tanked it in December.  They fixed the OL and the schedule was as easy as we have ever seen.  If we keep Chad we win the division and have a chance to go deep.  2008 was the weakest year I can remember.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:09 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

No, not @ all (however your post above does undermine your overall knowledge and understanding of Defense along with the history of Football in it's entirely). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because "Bill Belichick" and his little 20th and 30th ranked defenses do not represent the likes of...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain Defenses throughout the 1970's (4 Championships).

1984 San Francisco 49ers (4 Pro Bowlers in their secondary alone; The original Legion of Boom)

85' Chicago Bears Defense (the year I was born ala 'Defense is in my DNA').

1986 N.Y Giants Defense.

2000 Baltimore Ravens Defense.

2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defense. 

2008 Pittsburgh Steelers Defense. 

2012 Baltimore Ravens Defense. 

2013's Legion of Boom (Seattle Seahawks) Defense.

2015 Denver Broncos Defense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Etc, etc (just to name a few).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And although our 2009/2010 back to back AFC Championship Game N.Y Jets being led by both Rex Ryan and Darrelle Revis failed to win us a Championship they still go down (especially 2009) as some of the greatest NFL Defenses of All-Time in which brought Jet fans nothing but excitement and hope (for the first time dating back to 1998 under Bill Parcells). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question your own football knowledge before you ever question the definition and meaning of my username. Understood? Good. 

The 2012 Ravens won that SB because of great offense, don't confuse the 2000 Ravens with the 2012 Ravens but you can add the 2007/2011 Giants as great Ds that carried their Os to SB titles.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, Scott Dierking said:

Don't ever take yourself too seriously here. It reveals thin skin.

Kind of like suggesting that Bill Belichick does not design good defenses.  That is plain wrong.

And then, using his failed logic then Belichick is the greatest offensive HC ever.  If the D has been middle of the pack after all these years, then they won 6 SBs in 9 tries with offense.  Or with a balanced roster, offense and defense.  Then really who the F cares he has 6 rings and its stupid to try and take credit away because they didnt win with an all time defense.  Compound the ridiculousness by the idea that his success is a media creation.

There are more than a few HC in the history that should be in any conversation to the greatest HC and Belichick is in any conversation.  HC is a hell of a lot more than designing good defenses.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:09 AM, nyjunc said:

The favre trade got him fired, favre was not the reason we got better in 2008 but he was the biggest reason we tanked it in December.  They fixed the OL and the schedule was as easy as we have ever seen.  If we keep Chad we win the division and have a chance to go deep.  2008 was the weakest year I can remember.

If we keep Chad we’re one and done in the playoffs IF he stays healthy