Will you be upset if the Jets draft Isaiah Simmons at 11?

He’s obviously one of the best players in the draft and he and Adams could lead the defense for years to come.

It may not be the best move for the 2020 Jets, but could be the best move for the next 5 years

If he falls to 11 and the Jets draft him would you be upset? I think if he does fall to 11 that would mean the top 4 OTs are off the board:

Top 10 scenario

4 OTs

3 QBs

2 OSU defenders (Chase Young and the CB)

1 Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs or the Auburn/South Carolina dlineman 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

He’s obviously one of the best players in the draft and he and Adams could lead the defense for years to come.

It may not be the best move for the 2020 Jets, but could be the best move for the next 5 years

If he falls to 11 and the Jets draft him would you be upset? I think if he does fall to 11 that would mean the top 4 OTs are off the board:

Top 10 scenario

4 OTs

3 QBs

I would love him on the Jets, but with the needs we have I would be furious if we picked him. If this ever happened, the phone would ring off the hook.

• Upvote 1

Guy is a beast and I think he can be a great LB and 10 + sack guy as well. He would turn our defense elite in his first year. Watching his blitzes was awesome. Building a great Corp of LB's is the way to go if you want an elite Defense then everything falls into place. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Guy is a beast and I think he can be a great LB and 10 + sack guy as well. He would turn our defense elite in his first year. Watching his blitzes was awesome. Building a great Corp of LB's is the way to go if you want an elite Defense then everything falls into place. 

Fixed

Building a great Corp of OL is the way to go if you want an elite offense then everything falls into place. 

15 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

If Simmons is there at #11, Jets may have a more realistic opportunity to trade down some for more picks.  To help restock this team with more needed talent.  Or else it's Jeudy-Ruggs-Lamb for me.

This!

Fant was the insurance policy that Beachum was going to be.  

So get Williams or Peters and not have to draft OL for need.

If Simmons is there he is the BPA by far.  Do we need him in 2020?  No.  But then in 2021 Mosley could be let go, or use him as a bigger Jamal to play EDGE.  

I don’t think he or Okudah will be there, but if they are those are likely the best value picks.   We just need to make sure that the OL is covered. 

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’d check out if the season immediately. Not a need. He’d do the same thing Adams already does for us. If we trade Adams and get him then maybe it wouldn’t be the worst. But yes, this would be stupid.

Idk this guy is 6’4 240 and can cover like a CB. This isn’t another run stuffing dlineman.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’d check out if the season immediately. Not a need. He’d do the same thing Adams already does for us. If we trade Adams and get him then maybe it wouldn’t be the worst. But yes, this would be stupid.

Trade Adams Then take Simmons.  But we'd probably have to trade up to get Simmons so scratch that. Take BPA @ cb, edge or WR with the extra 1 and 3 after taking an OL with the 11th pick.  This is logical on so many points and can really balance out the roster.

This would be a Macc-ian pick.  Another instance where about 40 % of the board said we got lucky because the "BPA defensive player" fell into our laps.  What option would we have but to take him?

If JD picks Isaiah Simmons at 11, time to close up shop.  We're screwed until the Johnson's sell the team or die.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

I would hate the pick but not because of the player.  Going WR or OT at #11 is drafting based on most critical need and we're unlikely to find ourselves forced to reach or go with Plan B with this pick.  Stick to the plan -- which is what I fully expect JD to do.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This would be a Macc-ian pick.  Another instance where about 40 % of the board said we got lucky because the "BPA defensive player" fell into our laps.  What option would we have but to take him?

If JD picks Isaiah Simmons at 11, time to close up shop.  We're screwed until the Johnson's sell the team or die.  

I disagree. Have you seen the guy play? Again it’s not the best pick for 2020, but he could end up being a great pick long term. 

No I would hate it with a passion.

What is funny is people that like Adams saying they would like this.

If the jets drafted this guy Adams would disappear off the face of the earth.

They are the same player position wise.

If we picked this player it would be an epic disaster and Moggelz would have to break out the clown outfit for Douglas once again.

1 hour ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Top 10 scenario

4 OTs

3 QBs

Why is this even a question at this point?

Anyo e who has been reading this forum knows the majority here wants our first pick to be first one of the top 4 OL and after that a WR. 

Would have to hear all trade offers first but if you are telling me there is no way to trade down for decent compensation then yes, I would draft Isaiah Simmons at 11.  

Over the remaining WRs - you can get WR in Rds 2 and 3

Over reaching for an OT - The next OT in my opinion is Josh Jones and JD better be damn sure he is 10 year starter at one of the tackle spots to take him over Simmons.  

Over all other Defensive players - dont care about positional need

What I expect to be getting - an perennial pro-bowler and one of the fastest LBs in the game, period.  Roquon Smith, Devin White, Issiah Simmons - the new bread of LB in the NFL.  If JD doesnt think Simmons is that caliber of a player then pass.  Needs to be a game changer - which I think he is.  The only knock to me is that its at a tier 2 position, not a tier 1 (QB, Offensive Weapon, LT, Pass Rusher, CB). 

Not ideal but I know I would be getting a pro-bowler and maybe more so I would do it.  This is not a 1 year rebuild.