Increasingly possible NO WRs taken before #11 (Jeudy!)

It’s highly likely no WR is going top 10 since there’s just too much depth there in this draft. With that said there no reason we should draft one at 11 when we can get great value at WR in the 2nd and 3rd round.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think he’s probably there at #11

And given the athletic profile that Douglas and Gase seem to want in their OL, if Wirfs and Wills are gone I could see them preferring a guy like Jeudy over their 3rd or 4th ranked OT.

A guy like Todd McShay, who is close with Douglas, has said that Jeudy is the best WR prospect he’s ever evaluated. Daniel Jeremiah, another close friend of Douglas, has echoed much of the same.

It’s entirely possible that Douglas adds someone like Peters within the next week or two, then decides to grab Jeudy at #11 and take an OT in the 2nd round. It’s also entirely possible that someone like Austin Jackson or Ezra Cleveland is there at #48. Especially with the slew of WR’s, CB’s and EDGE set to go during that time frame.

No argument from me. 

its Jacksonville that i have circled with a question mark 

take jeudy or lamb if the top 3 o lineman are gone. if wirfs or thomas are there i think u run to the podium. i could be wrong but i don't think wills is that good for a top 15 pick.  we haven't drafted an offensive weapon at least that panned out  in forever.  if we take ruggs over the other two i will be upset.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So you’ve landed on Juedy?  Final answer?  Lol...

7 minutes ago, King P said:

So basically Jeudy is your WR1 @Paradis? Noted lol.

I still prefer Lamb, but I'd be more than happy with Jeudy. Either of those would be great at 11. Give Sam weapons 

Lol, you guys...

I haven’t put Ruggs against Jeudy, but I’m sure I like them over Lamb. They’re all playmakers. i would have preferred Higgins to not have a such a tumultuous offseason. He (was) better than them all.

i don’t like using the label “WR1”. I have Jefferson and Mims right there too.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Ruggs described as not being fast but rather as having LEGENDARY speed. Bob Hayes type speed! 

He ran a 4.27 40 yard dash at combine. Not the fastest but one of the fastest ever recorded. 

https://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/the-fastest-40-yard-dash-ever/

19 minutes ago, Welp said:

It’s highly likely no WR is going top 10 since there’s just too much depth there in this draft. With that said there no reason we should draft one at 11 when we can get great value at WR in the 2nd and 3rd round.

If the top WR are available it would be very tough to turn them especially if the top OL are off the board 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

If the top WR are available it would be very tough to turn them especially if the top OL are off the board 

I've stated in other threads my preference would be to trade down at that point. I wouldn't be disappointed if we chose Jeudy or Lamb but I would prefer to get more picks because it's likely that another WR picked will also be a very good player in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol, you guys...

I haven’t put Ruggs against Jeudy, but I’m sure I like them over Lamb. They’re all playmakers. i would have preferred Higgins to not have a such a tumultuous offseason. He (was) better than them all.

i don’t like using the label “WR1”. I have Jefferson and Mims right there too.  

That’s the problem with this WR class, it’s hard to come up with a clear hierarchy.  Kind of depends on what flavor you like, and what receiver position you are looking to fill.  Mims might be the best all around prospect when you consider all of the characteristics, speed, length, hands.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s the problem with this WR class, it’s hard to come up with a clear hierarchy.  Kind of depends on what flavor you like, and what receiver position you are looking to fill.  Mims might be the best all around prospect when you consider all of the characteristics, speed, length, hands.  

This is why we need two 1st round picks. Get an OL with pick 11 and with the other 1st, trade up if need be and take Mims.

I kinda love the idea of being able to trade down from #11 to the 17-25 area and still have a shot to get at least one of Mims, Jefferson, Higgins.....and further back to get Aiyuk, Reagor, etc.

The question for me is what kind of compensation would we get to move from say #11 to about ~20?  If it's a 2nd round pick then in my mind, with this WR class, that's a slam dunk.

I can live with not getting Jeudy, Ruggs or Lamb if I get a 2nd round pick and someone like Jefferson, Mims, Higgins, etc.  However, we would need to play some game theory about what team might want to come up to #11 and, more importantly, which teams we'd want to stay in front of in the Draft order.  For example, I think the Eagles at #21 are going to be all over a WR.  Denver at #15 might be looking for one of the Top 3 WRs as well.  In a recent mock draft Kiper had the Eagles taking Jefferson.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/25/2020-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-eagles-justin-jefferson/

995583021_ScreenShot2020-03-28at2_19_22PM.png.4b00d4f2a65ce2122f832ed6c8cece22.png

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The question for me is what kind of compensation would we get to move from say #11 to about ~20?  If it's a 2nd round pick then in my mind, with this WR class, that's a slam dunk.

If you go from 11 to 20 you better get way more than a second round pick. Maybe a 2nd and 4th this year with a 3rd rounder next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

If you go from 11 to 20 you better get way more than a second round pick. Maybe a 2nd and 4th this year with a 3rd rounder next year. 

I'd hope so too....I obviously didn't look at the Draft value chart or anything.  But I am saying that I'd be willing to take a 2nd to move back that far in this Draft simply because it would put the Jets in that mix for not only one of the Top 6 WRs in this Draft (Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Jefferson, Mims, Higgins....at least in my book) but might also be looking at Josh Jones at OT.  Taking Josh Jones at say #20 and now having two 2nd rounders could let the Jets maneuver up in that 2nd round from #48 to a spot in the 30's to grab a WR they want.

I'm anxious to see how Joe D plays Round 1 and if he moves around a bit.  Thus far he has should some serious acumen when it comes to $$ value vs. talent.  I think that may carry over to Draft value vs. talent in late April.  I just simply can't see this guy reaching for anyone.  It hasn't been in his nature thus far in FA.

• Sympathy 1

This is a consensus of where many analysts project these OTs potential draft round:

Austin Jackson (1...2?); Ezra Cleveland (1-2?); Prince Tega Wanogho (2); Isaiah Wilson (2-3); Lucas Niang (3); Matt Peart (3); Josh Jones (2-4); Ben Bartch (3) Terence Steele (4).  And I'll stop there.

These players have all been thoroughly evaluated  through their game tape, Senior Bowl week and Combine by JD and his staff.  We don't know where exactly they've been placed on JD's Big Board.  Two of these players could end up being picked in rounds 2-4, to fit into the wide splits and zone blocking scheme Gase wants to implement.   If so...then Jeudy at #11 could be their choice to give Darnold an elite weapon for Gase's pass oriented offense.

The goal is not simply provide Darnold with solid protection. But to also give him a formidable skill player for defenses to worry about.  Jeudy is a nightmare for CBs to cover.  Jeudy's extraordinary route running ability helps the Jets passing O to be..."open for business" all times he's on the field.     

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd hope so too....I obviously didn't look at the Draft value chart or anything.  But I am saying that I'd be willing to take a 2nd to move back that far in this Draft simply because it would put the Jets in that mix for not only one of the Top 6 WRs in this Draft (Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Jefferson, Mims, Higgins....at least in my book) but might also be looking at Josh Jones at OT.  Taking Josh Jones at say #20 and now having two 2nd rounders could let the Jets maneuver up in that 2nd round from #48 to a spot in the 30's to grab a WR they want.

I'm anxious to see how Joe D plays Round 1 and if he moves around a bit.  Thus far he has should some serious acumen when it comes to $$ value vs. talent.  I think that may carry over to Draft value vs. talent in late April.  I just simply can't see this guy reaching for anyone.  It hasn't been in his nature thus far in FA.

What I was getting at, is that if you trade down to 20ish, that team will also have a lower 2nd round pick and not all second round picks are created equal. If for some reason they had a high 2nd than I could see doing this but I'd still want a pick coming back next year. 

As to your last paragraph I think he's going to be moving around alot, unlike someone like Idzik who never pulled off one draft day trade. Mind boggling when you think about it.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Welp said:

I've stated in other threads my preference would be to trade down at that point. I wouldn't be disappointed if we chose Jeudy or Lamb but I would prefer to get more picks because it's likely that another WR picked will also be a very good player in the NFL.

I wouldnt mind trading down as long as it’s not too far.  

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

No top OT @11, = trade down.

With who ? Who is moving up?  The trade down crowd makes it seem like it's automatic - like a draft pick. "The Jets trade down."  Somebody has to want to move up.  Unless a top 3  QB drops or some team wants to move up for Love, I don't see a team wanting to trade up from the 20's to 11. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

With who ? Who is moving up?  The trade down crowd makes it seem like it's automatic - like a draft pick. "The Jets trade down."  Somebody has to want to move up.  Unless atop 3  QB drops or some team wants Love, I don't see a team wanting to trade up from the 20's to 11. 

Don’t you know there’s an app JD can download on his iPhone to trade down at will

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

With who ? Who is moving up?  The trade down crowd makes it seem like it's automatic - like a draft pick. "The Jets trade down."  Somebody has to want to move up.  

There would be LOTS of takers if Jeudy is there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Welp said:

Yes, but if all 4 OTs are gone and we are left with OT Josh Jones we would be faced wth trade down a bit and take him or take the BA WR on our board.