Increasingly possible NO WRs taken before #11 (Jeudy!)

35 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Not if he's on his ass every other play .

Yea we get it. 

was the title of this thread; Should the Jets take a tackle or receiver?... 

theres a possibility all four are gone. Sooooo in the interest of not being left with our d*cks in the wind, this conversation is worth having. 

• Upvote 3

I don't mind JD taking a WR in the first... 

He "should" be able to evaluate later OL talent right? Isn't that why we so many confident in him to begin with ...  because he played OL etc. Why should he be tied to OL in the first if one of his top qualities is the ability to evaluate that position.

Personally I don't think him playing OL in college matters as much as working under Ozzie and getting actual job experience under successful GMs. 

I have been impressed with the prudent contracts that have been dealt out so far this off-season.

Just a hunch based on what JD has said and what others have said about him like Daniel Jeremiah.  But I don't think he takes WR with 11.  Maybe if he trades down, but at 11 he will look at OT, Cb or pass rusher.   He will trade down if bpa is WR.   Just my two cents, and I want to draft Jeudy.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

It’s entirely possible that Douglas adds someone like Peters within the next week or two, then decides to grab Jeudy at #11 and take an OT in the 2nd round. It’s also entirely possible that someone like Austin Jackson or Ezra Cleveland is there at #48. Especially with the slew of WR’s, CB’s and EDGE set to go during that time frame.

If he adds a Peters or resigns Beachum and adds a WR like DT all on 1-year deals, JD would have maximum flexibility at 11 depending on how the draft plays out.  If he hits the Lotto with his picks, he can cut any of these old vets and just eat the guaranteed money...

30 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Just a hunch based on what JD has said and what others have said about him like Daniel Jeremiah.  But I don't think he takes WR with 11.  Maybe if he trades down, but at 11 he will look at OT, Cb or pass rusher.   He will trade down if bpa is WR.   Just my two cents, and I want to draft Jeudy.    

Didn't Jeremiah say Jeudy was the best receiver prospect he has ever evaluated?

30 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

The other thought is that even if Jets decide to pick wr, I see them favoring Ruggs over Jeudy based on speed (and combine comments).

That's what I thought until I read this thread. Now it has to be Jeudy if guys he is close to evaluated him as head and shoulders above the rest - unless we trade down.

7 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

No, he likes Lamb better.

I wouldn't have brought it up but it's in this thread: "A guy like Todd McShay, who is close with Douglas, has said that Jeudy is the best WR prospect he’s ever evaluated. Daniel Jeremiah, another close friend of Douglas, has echoed much of the same."

40 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I wouldn't have brought it up but it's in this thread: "A guy like Todd McShay, who is close with Douglas, has said that Jeudy is the best WR prospect he’s ever evaluated. Daniel Jeremiah, another close friend of Douglas, has echoed much of the same."

It is all good.  He ranks Lamb higher and says he is the best receiver.   But he ranks Jeudy right after, so it is close.   He also recently said this...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So why don’t they trade up with any of ten teams ahead of us?

They might.  What I am saying is, if that number 10 pick comes in, and Jeudy has not been picked yet, there would be LOTS of takers.  That is of course if we didn't just run up to the podium and take him.

If someone moves in front of us to do it, that probably heightens the chances of us getting one of the top four OL.

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If the 4 OL are gone and Jeudy is there, I don't see the Jets passing on him. But even so, if the Jets do trade down, who's to say what's left in the 20s?  Jones could go before then as well.  

They wouldn't have to trade down into the 20's. Most mock drafts have the top three WR's going between 12-17 (with the presumption we don't take Jeudy at 11).

Personally, if Becton (who I wouldn't personally take), Wirfs, Thomas, and Wills are all gone, and Jeudy is there, I think you take him, and try and get a guy like Josh Jones (if he happens to slip into the second), Isaiah Wilson, or Ezra Cleveland in the 2nd. 
I don't think you pass on Jeudy if he is there. 

Granted, it is tempting to move down a couple of spots and pick up extra picks this year, but....

16 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

There would be LOTS of takers if Jeudy is there.

Agreed. 

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So why don’t they trade up with any of ten teams ahead of us?

Because anyone trading up will want to make the smallest move they can and still get their guy. With three teams picking after the Jets that could all be after WRs (Raiders, 49ers, Broncos), the Jets pick at #11 would be that sweet spot. 

I'm usually all about the "it takes two to tango," line when it comes to trading down, but this year it feels like the Jets are in a good spot. I'd be happy trading with Denver, so they can jump ahead of the Raiders to take their guy, getting their third rounder in the process, and still being able to take the OT they would've taken at #11. 

9 hours ago, slats said:

Agreed. 

Because anyone trading up will want to make the smallest move they can and still get their guy. With three teams picking after the Jets that could all be after WRs (Raiders, 49ers, Broncos), the Jets pick at #11 would be that sweet spot. 

I'm usually all about the "it takes two to tango," line when it comes to trading down, but this year it feels like the Jets are in a good spot. I'd be happy trading with Denver, so they can jump ahead of the Raiders to take their guy, getting their third rounder in the process, and still being able to take the OT they would've taken at #11. 

Tampa may take an OT? 

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think Jeudy is a rare talent and worth taking over the tackles. I doubt he’ll be there at 11, but if so I’d say it’s be crazy to pass up on him.

Even Ruggs is making it difficult to take Andrew Thomas over him.

But Jeudy should be the pick for sure if he’s there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if 2 wrs were taken before the jets pick.  I think either the raiders or broncos will trade up for ruggs.  The jets may end up with lamb, which wouldn’t upset me, but it could be b/c he’s the 3rd wr taken.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Just don’t think douglas would draft him.  

I just wanted to put it out there. We have people here saying Jeudy is the best prospect they've ever seen and that is laughable.