Increasingly possible NO WRs taken before #11 (Jeudy!)

22 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Jeudy is the mccagnan pick - production without the athleticism.  But i think he’ll be a good pro.

I could see a scenario where the cards take lamb and the raiders trade up for ruggs.  The jets could be faced with a choice between wills/Thomas and Jeudy.  Probably go OT there.  But the wrs who may be there at 48 aren’t the same caliber, so I’m wondering if the jets are considering trading back into the 15-17 range and drafting Jefferson or Mims

Haha, the ghost of Al Davis!

On 3/28/2020 at 2:56 PM, Paradis said:

The way things are trending, it wouldn't shock me to see Jeudy at #11, or any WR on the board at 11. 

Here's what we know to be the bare minimum:

• two QBs (Burrow, Tua)
  • three defense (Okudah, Young, Simmons)
  • at least three OTs (Thomas, Wirfs, Beckton/Wills)

You're at 8.... meaning there's only a two player gap.

Quite Likely:

• 3rd QB (Herbert)
  • a 4th OT or DT (Beckton/Wills, or Brown)

That's 10... and EVEN IF one of those teams surprises with a WR, at this point Ruggs & Lamb appear just as likely to be selected.

Let's take it 1 step further -- besides the Giants who need help everywhere, who is even likely to take WR?.... JAX... i guess?

1. CIN - QB
  2. WSH - Young
  3. DET - Okudah
  4. NYG - wild card i guess? OT more than likely
  5. MIA - QB
  6. SD - need a QB or OT
  7. CAR - Just signed RA, probably Def/OT
  8. ARZ  - Def/OT
  9. JAX - wildcard, but i think OLine is more likely. 
  10.  CLE - OT

...Baring a team trading up (which why would you if you're the GM, draft is loaded at WR) I can't see a scenario where more than 1 WR is selected.

well Lady Luck finally wink our way? Jeudy at 11 would be a colossal gift 

Jeudy.gif

I disagree with this entire line of thinkinng. The draft is loaded with WR talent so I say wait and take OT and Edge/CB with your 1st and 2nd. Those positions will be much harder to fill later on in the draft so grabbing them early becomes much more important. We can easily get really good value on WR in the 3rd, 4th, and even 5th round. Taking a WR completely neglects the franchise - Sammy Darnold. If we don't get protection for him then why the hell did we draft him in the first place? The OL that Douglas acquired through FA are all very average to below average players. There's also injury concerns and unproven players. Ignoring that need in favor of a WR  is not only a silly misuse of draft capital but it's also going to place the franchise in serious risk.

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Douglas needs to add a legit veteran weapon at WR before the season, regardless of them drafting a WR at #11 or not. The current WR corps even with a 1st rd pick at WR, is not very good. 

Agreed.  Wondering why DT hasn’t been signed yet

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I disagree with this entire line of thinkinng. The draft is loaded with WR talent so I say wait and take OT and Edge/CB with your 1st and 2nd. Those positions will be much harder to fill later on in the draft so grabbing them early becomes much more important. We can easily get really good value on WR in the 3rd, 4th, and even 5th round. 

Really, Mr. Maccagnan? You have nothing better to do in your exodus-retirement than to come to JN and haunt us??

You're savage, Macc.