Defense Wins Championships

Le'Veon Bell will emerge and breakout as a 2nd year Jet come the 2020-2021 season:

let's harp all over Bell

Blowing Off the Dust: Modern Masters of the Blues Harp

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Who let you out, anyway. 

Maybe the current situation led to an early April Fool's? 

• Haha 3

We definitely did not see the Le’Veon Bell who was an all pro in Pittsburgh. For many reasons.. he will be playing at 28 years old. With what looks to be a much better line that would hopefully match his patient running style. But I would be shocked if we do not see comparable stats from his days with Pitt for the next 2 years. And that would be exactly what’s needed... did not see it last year. I believe he rebounds and has a phenomenal season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Who let you out, anyway. 

Corona virus pardon

• Upvote 1

Horrible signing of a player that was declining and was a product of a great O and OL in Pittsburgh. The only way to salvage anything from him is to use him like the Jets used LT in his later years - as a 3rd down back. HIs ypc in his last season on the field in Pitt was 4.0 in 2017.  Why anybody thought it would go up on the Jets is beyond me.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think he’s going to have a much better second season with us if Gase let’s him

• Upvote 1

DWC - still incapable of making a post that doesn’t list ten or more players.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Horrible signing of a player that was declining and was a product of a great O and OL in Pittsburgh. The only way to salvage anything from him is to use him like the Jets used LT in his later years - as a 3rd down back. HIs ypc in his last season on the field in Pitt was 4.0 in 2017.  Why anybody thought it would go up on the Jets is beyond me.

The only problem with your inaccurate assessment of this current situation is that Tomlinson was already 32 years old heading into his final season of 2011; while Le'Veon Bell is currently only 28 years of age (a big difference for an RB). 

Speaking of Tomlinson (who you've just used as an example) would you like to for me to show you the type of season that LT put up @ the age of only 28 (same age as Bell) before continuing your horse crap remarks? 

2007 (Including 3 playoff games): 28 years old. 

16 starts: 345 rushing attempts, 1,549 rushing yards (4.48 ypc) and 16 rushing TD's along with another 65 receptions, 515 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions for a combined total of 2,064 All-purpose yards from scrimmage and 19 TD's on the year (including a Pro Bowl honor and a First-team All-Pro selection due to leading the entire league in both rushing yards and rushing TD's). 

But yeah. Right. Let's just act, pretend, lie and consider all legendary RB's "dead" by the time they've even taken the field @ the age of only 28 (as if even #28 Curtis Martin wasn't still amazing @ the age of 31-32). 

And another thing you're lying to us all about is saying he was "on a decline" by the time he arrived a Jet. Funny. Because his last year in Pittsburgh he made both the Pro Bowl and All-Pro team you little liar you (either that or just self admitted that your football knowledge is full of cluelessness; either one of the two).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bell is done.  Anyone expecting anything else will be disappointed.

He still has some value as a pass catcher. Expecting him to be a bell cow would be foolish because he's just about done as a runner. If he had to compete in the combine today most people would consider him a late round draft pick or an UDFA because he's so slow. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RobR said:

He still has some value as a pass catcher. Expecting him to be a bell cow would be foolish because he's just about done as a runner. If he had to compete in the combine today most people would consider him a late round draft pick or an UDFA because he's so slow. 

Agree completely.

He’s simply too slow to be an effective runner.  But he can still catch the ball.

If you take money out of the picture he wouldn’t be on the roster.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

Sounds like Q.😎

I'm not exaggerating when I say just doing FA and the draft VIA fan twitter poll would have led to better results than the last 3 GM's. The Johnson's last brilliant move was letting a GM who ignored what the new coach wanted run both a couple weeks before he was getting fired. Let's sign a RB for 50 million when calling anyone blocking for him a JAG would be a compliment. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, PS17 said:

DWC - still incapable of making a post that doesn’t list ten or more players. 

Hey. Don't blame me. Blame Le'Veon my favorite Bell for all of that nonsense; as it's most definitely not my fault that his name is surrounded by so many All-Time great RB's and so many current Hall of Fame greats. 

Maybe this is where I should apologize and say sorry? Nope. Never. I will never say sorry nor apologize for speaking knowledge to fellow Jet fans. 

I think Bell was a bit out of shape last season. I would like to see him come into camp a bit lighter. 

I also think he will be motivated this year to bounce back. Hopefully, it works out. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I think he’s going to have a much better second season with us if Gase let’s him

But Gase didn't hold him back; however Maccagnan's OLine did.

(no matter what type of run play was called our backfield was blown up by D-Lineman and LB's galore). 

Gase gave him 245 rushing attempts and an opportunity to record 66 pass receptions. 

This notion that Gase doesn't know how to utilize Bell or intensionally held him back are all false; it's all the O-lines fault (and mono). 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

giphy.gif.05af26e98345227a8aff36ddb634d889.gif

Oh man!  Rosie Grier! That movie was classic. 🤣🤣🤣

I haven't seen much harping on Bell this offseason. He didn't produce much on 1st down runs but on 3rd and short he did pretty well when called upon - he got what was there which usually wasn't much. Even on 1st and second downs he got what was there. Sure we need a complimentary back or 2 but Bell is a trustable back. I think he had 1 fumble all season and is solid in pass protection. It is what it is - Im not gonna complain and hope he has a better season this year if we have a season.

Bell will be improved because the OL is much better, but still not great because the Jets revamped OL is only so so.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Bell is going to have a great year.  He will be very motivated.  

The Jets should draft his replacement, and cut him after 2020.  My guess is that he falls off a cliff in 2021.  

I have a good feeling that Bell will be better if they play this year. 

Felt like the guy was fighting for inches instead of yards behind that sh*t line. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Agree completely.

He’s simply too slow to be an effective runner.  But he can still catch the ball.

If you take money out of the picture he wouldn’t be on the roster.

Where do you guys come up with this crap? Just couple of posts ago seen a Jet fan he can no longer run the ball and should only catch, funny because last I saw I seen him kill the entire league running the ball in 2017 his last season (before Jets) on his way to Pro Bowl and All-Pro and as already mentioned ran for well over 1,000+ yards... But now he's all of a sudden "forgotten how to run" something he's since a kid and still only in his 20's lol guess Jordan forget how to 360 slam dunk @ 28-32 too haha! It's called JETS OFFENSIVE LINE AKA MACCAGNAN FIRED RIP. 

And also what are you even talking about? 

He's never even used elite speed and has never been considered very fast and he will never need speed because he has some of the greatest field vision of all-time; which is the key attribute to his overall greatness - field vision and awareness - in order to run wild behind his  300+ pound hogs up front as no RB has ever been as patient as a Le'Veon Bell behind the L.O.S. 

He han a 4.6 coming out. LT Tomlinson ran a 4.46 coming out of college during a time where kids been dropping 4.3's since Deon Sanders days and Curtis Martin was called Curtis caught from behind Martin, remember #28?

All-time greatness type of field vision is what made and makes all of Curtis Martin, LT and Bell great - and the reason why both LT and Martin without top speed were greatness well after 28 years of age and all have lasted so long; it's called field vision and awareness behind competent O-Lineman.

They never needed to and will never need to rely on speed so forget "speed" for an NFL RB. Don't believe me? Just ask #22 Emmitt Smith and he'll teacy  just ask #22 Emmitt Smith and he'll teach you all about it. 

Now people are talking about his speed as an example of his so called break down over night? Disgusting. 

The same one's talking about speed and explosion are the same one's who've yet to mention field vision. Or how he'll hug a good offensive linemans hip all the way to the pro bowl and all pro. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

We definitely did not see the Le’Veon Bell who was an all pro in Pittsburgh. For many reasons.. he will be playing at 28 years old. With what looks to be a much better line that would hopefully match his patient running style. But I would be shocked if we do not see comparable stats from his days with Pitt for the next 2 years. And that would be exactly what’s needed... did not see it last year. I believe he rebounds and has a phenomenal season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

For what it’s worth I was watching our last game of the season in 2019 against the bills a couple days ago. And Bell actually had a great game, and it was really encouraging to me for a brief moment thinking that maybe finally things were clicking...too late obviously. If you go back and watch our last game of the season Bell actually look dangerous and had some great runs. I’m hoping with a better line and with his ego bruised, that he will bounce back as well. You got to think at this point it’s all mental, because we all know physically he’s a beast!

• Like 1