Le'Veon Bell will emerge and breakout as a 2nd year Jet come the 2020-2021 season:

3 minutes ago, Lil O said:

For what it’s worth I was watching our last game of the season in 2019 against the bills a couple days ago. And Bell actually had a great game, and it was really encouraging to me for a brief moment thinking that maybe finally things were clicking...too late obviously. If you go back and watch our last game of the season Bell actually look dangerous and had some great runs. I’m hoping with a better line and with his ego bruised, that he will bounce back as well. You got to think at this point it’s all mental, because we all know physically he’s a beast!

OK I just checked the actual stats and they weren’t great but they were better. He had 41 yards rushing on 16 carries which sucks… 2.9 yards per carry. However he caught all five targets for an additional 38 yards. I thought he had run for more yards but I was wrong. I still think it’s mental about next year he’s going to come back with a vengeance

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Where do you guys come up with this crap? Just couple of posts ago seen a Jet fan he can no longer run the ball and should only catch, funny because last I saw I seen him kill the entire league running the ball in 2017 his last season (before Jets) on his way to Pro Bowl and All-Pro and as already mentioned ran for well over 1,000+ yards... But now he's all of a sudden "forgotten how to run" something he's since a kid and still only in his 20's lol guess Jordan forget how to 360 slam dunk @ 28-32 too haha! It's called JETS OFFENSIVE LINE AKA MACCAGNAN FIRED RIP. 

And also what are you even talking about? 

He's never even used elite speed and has never been considered very fast and he will never need speed because he has some of the greatest field vision of all-time; which is the key attribute to his overall greatness - field vision and awareness - in order to run wild behind his  300+ pound hogs up front as no RB has ever been as patient as a Le'Veon Bell behind the L.O.S. 

He han a 4.6 coming out. LT Tomlinson ran a 4.46 coming out of college during a time where kids been dropping 4.3's since Deon Sanders days and Curtis Martin was called Curtis caught from behind Martin, remember #28?

All-time greatness type of field vision is what made and makes all of Curtis Martin, LT and Bell great - and the reason why both LT and Martin without top speed were greatness well after 28 years of age and all have lasted so long; it's called field vision and awareness behind competent O-Lineman.

They never needed to and will never need to rely on speed so forget "speed" for an NFL RB. Don't believe me? Just ask #22 Emmitt Smith and he'll teacy  just ask #22 Emmitt Smith and he'll teach you all about it. 

Now people are talking about his speed as an example of his so called break down over night? Disgusting. 

The same one's talking about speed and explosion are the same one's who've yet to mention field vision. Or how he'll hug a good offensive linemans hip all the way to the pro bowl and all pro. 

This is a tired argument.. 

Yes, I get it.  He wasn’t fully reliant on is speed.  Yes, he had good vision and patience that made him great.  But you do you still have to speed to succeed as an NFL RB. 

And yes, RB’s go from one year being great and two years later being basically finished.  It’s those quick twitch muscles..once they go they’re gone.  RB’s hit a wall faster and more abruptly than any other position.  

It’s unfortunate (I very much wanted him) but he’s done.  

• Upvote 1

"Hey guys - Let's take all of our atrocious, makeshift and embarrassing offensive line play that ended up getting the same exact general manager that we've all HATED fired in Maccagnan (before sticking Le'Veon Bell behind the same mess that he created) as we then begin to take all of our defensive Bill Parcells, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles, James Farrior, Dorian Boose, John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Dewayne Robertson, Jonathan Vilma, Mike Nugent (K), Dewayne Robetson, Darrelle Revis, Vernon Gholston, Kyle Wilson, Mo Wilkerson, Quinton Coples,  Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor, Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Jamal Adams and Quinnen William's frustration out on an All-Time great RB that agreed to leave Pittsburgh and come to our lowly Jets".

"Yeah guys; that really does sound like an awesome topic of conversation for Jet fans to engage in and while we're at it lets also spend our money on posting of billboards after a 1-7 1st half start in order to attempt to run the very first young offensive mind that our miserable fan base has had in since dating back to forever ago out of our defensive town faster than a New York second within his first 8 games surrounded by sometime called mono before we then take that same billboard down after a 2nd half 6-2 finish..."

"As if we're not allowed to have any types of offensive talent around these necks of the woods - no - not even a future HOF RB who's still only 28 years of age is allowed on our storied offense - after just witnessing him play his little heart out as only a first year Jet while trying behind a (historically speaking) atrocious o-line consisting of nothing but the same exact offensive lineman who you're screaming at Joe Douglas (who just replaced Maccagnan) to replace them".

And there you have it.

That's exactly how these Le'Veon Bell critics sound like to me (sharks). It's just sad that someone with the name of DWC has to explain and support Le'Veon's greatness while talking about field vision @ the same time while they attack his "speed".  

"Hey guys. Let's draft a RB during the 3rd round. Because you know. As shown behind our amazing 5 star O-Line just last; Bell clearly just isn't good enough anymore @ only 28. Cmon guys. You know. Only the same exact  age as was LT Tomlinson of 2007 who we all watched kill the NFL with a Pro Bowl honor an All-Pro selection and 3 playoff games later... Too old". "Even after we witnessed #28 Curtis caught from behind Martin destroy the NFL while 3 years older @ 31-32". 

x____Jet Fans____. 

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a tired argument.. 

Yes, I get it.  He wasn’t fully reliant on is speed.  Yes, he had good vision and patience that made him great.  But you do you still have to speed to succeed as an NFL RB. 

And yes, RB’s go from one year being great and two years later being basically finished.  It’s those quick twitch muscles..once they go they’re gone.  RB’s hit a wall faster and more abruptly than any other position.  

It’s unfortunate (I very much wanted him) but he’s done.  

And you're basing this off of what exactly?

A.) Off of those same exact (embarrassing) offensive lineman who just got Mike Maccagnan fired due to years of O-Line neglect that should've been considered criminal? Nice. Really nice to know. 

B.) Basing it off of the one where Joe Douglas kicked the tires on a (speaking of) washed up 35 year old Ryan Kalil that you expected and demanded Bell be able to still run behind of with "speed"?

C.) Or was it the eye test? The same two eyes that were even too blind to vision and notice all of those big horrendous O-Lineman who were run blocking in front of him? You didn't see that? If not; please go and get your eyes checked for a pair of glasses so that this way you can re-watch next time with four eyes instead of just the two eyes that couldn't see and obviously weren't working the very first time.... 

• Which one was it? I even provided you with multiple choice questions so that if you're not sure of the correct response/answer you can always Christmas tree and guess. 

~ But since you're such an expert on speed of an RB I'll take your word for it, what was Le'Veon Bell's 40 yard dash time coming out of college and then please tell me, what is his 40 speed as of today? lol and how many . 10th's of a second has he truly lost from his 2017 All-Pro season? Plz tell me as I'd like to know. 

~ And since you're also this great RB evaluator and speed expert I bet you can not try and attempt to tell me just how fast was a great #28 Curtis Martin as the entire football world mocked his lack of speed and called him Curtis "CAUGHT FROM BEHIND" Martin throughout his entire 1st ballot HOF career and then can you also tell me just how lightning fast was he @ 31 years old when he used his old man speed and his All-Time great awareness and field vision that he always utilized while destroying the league @ 31 years old? How fast?

Look. I know what slow looks like. And I know what an awful O-Line looks like too (Jets). And I also know what broken down, finished and done looks like as well; and this (below) doesn't look like he's A.) playing behind a 5-Star O-Line nor B.) words such as "slow, broken down, finished and/or done" either....

Not even Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, LT, Walter Payton, Curtis Martin and Le'Veon Bell (combined) would've been able to get it done vs. that Cleveland defense with Luke Falk @ QB and behind that crap fest of an O-Line they wouldn't have been able to; as only I think Barry Sanders might've been able to pull it off. 

So. Tell me. How "fast" was a 31 year old Curtis Martin while playing in his 10th season of 2004 as he ran for 1,697 rushing yards (career high) and almost 2,000 offensive yards from scrimmage (1,942) with 14 offensive touchdowns @ 31 years and too old to run anymore over the past 3 years dating back to only 28 years of age?

And please do me a small favor and watch all of his awesome offensive lineman do work for him as a very patient RB, before trying to talk to me (again) about Le'Veon Bell's 1st year as a JET!

"Speed". 

And you're basing this off what exactly?
His one season with the Jets and behind the same exact embarrassing offensive lineman who just fired Mike Maccagnan? Nice. Really nice to know. 
Or was it the one where Joe Douglas kicked the tires on a (speaking of) washed up 35 year old Ryan Kalil that you expected and demanded Bell be able to still run behind with "speed"?
Which one?
And since your such an expert on speed of an RB, what was Le'Veon Bell's 40 time coming out of college and then tell please me, what's his speed as of today today? lol and how many . 10th's of a second has he truly lost from his 2017 All-Pro season? Plz tell me, as we'd all like to know. 
And since you're this great RB speed expect please also try and attempt to tell me just how fast was a great #28 Curtis Martin as the world called him Curtis "CAUGHT FROM BEHIND" Martin throughout his 1st ballot HOF career and how fast was he @ 31 years old when he used his old man speed and his All-Time great awareness and field vision that he always utilized while destroying the league @ 31 years old? 
I know what slow looks like. And I know what an awful O-Line looks like too (Jets). And I know what broken down, finished and done looks like as well; and this (below) doesn't look like he's A.) playing behind a 5-Star O-Line nor B.) words such as "slow, broken down, finished and/or done" either. 
[/url]  
So. Tell me. How "fast" was a 31 year old Curtis Martin while playing in his 10th season of 2004 as he ran for 1,697 rushing yards (career high) and almost 2,000 yards from scrimmage (1,942) with 14 offensive touchdowns?

Well put

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The only problem with your inaccurate assessment of this current situation is that Tomlinson was already 32 years old heading into his final season of 2011; while Le'Veon Bell is currently only 28 years of age (a big difference for an RB). 

Speaking of Tomlinson (who you've just used as an example) would you like to for me to show you the type of season that LT put up @ the age of only 28 (same age as Bell) before continuing your horse crap remarks? 

2007 (Including 3 playoff games): 28 years old. 

16 starts: 345 rushing attempts, 1,549 rushing yards (4.48 ypc) and 16 rushing TD's along with another 65 receptions, 515 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions for a combined total of 2,064 All-purpose yards from scrimmage and 19 TD's on the year (including a Pro Bowl honor and a First-team All-Pro selection due to leading the entire league in both rushing yards and rushing TD's). 

But yeah. Right. Let's just act, pretend, lie and consider all legendary RB's "dead" by the time they've even taken the field @ the age of only 28 (as if even #28 Curtis Martin wasn't still amazing @ the age of 31-32). 

And another thing you're lying to us all about is saying he was "on a decline" by the time he arrived a Jet. Funny. Because his last year in Pittsburgh he made both the Pro Bowl and All-Pro team you little liar you (either that or just self admitted that your football knowledge is full of cluelessness; either one of the two).

Bell’s 28 plays like he’s 32, he’s done. No wriggle no explosiveness. His style worked because he would be patient then explode through the hole. Problem is he’s got no explosion left. His best role is splitting out as an extra receiver now.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The Jets (due to Maccagnan) featured a makeshift O-Line and a historically atrocious offensive line during only Bell's 1st year as a Jet; but yet now I'm beginning to see a few Jet fans criticizing, harping all over and judging Le'Veon Bell's overall talent and abilities as an NFL RB because of it? It's absolute horse crap. 

• Le'Veon Bell is one of the greatest dual threat HB's and 3-down-backs who's ever lived to play the game.

All-Time Le'Veon Bell only ranks behind Jim Brown and Ezekiel Elliot for Average Offensive Yards from Scrimmage per game (120.1 yards from scrimmage per game) and is ranked ahead of the likes of legends such as Barry Sanders, Terrell Davis, Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson, Eric Dickerson, Curtis Martin and Adrian Peterson as some of the only one's who've ever been able to average over 100 offensive yards per game from scrimmage (not even O.J Simpson @ 99.1 yards per game could accomplish this feat). 

Rushing yards: 6,084
Yards per carry: 4.2
Rushing touchdowns: 38
Receptions: 373
Receiving yards: 3,085
Receiving touchdowns: 8

• Bell broke Pittsburgh Steelers legend Franco Harris's rookie record for total yards from scrimmage (1,259) as a (R)..

• Bell became the only Pittsburgh Steelers RB of All-Time to record 7 consecutive games of over 100 yards from scrimmage. 

• Bell then tied Walter Payton for most consecutive games of over 200 yards from scrimmage (3) within NFL history. 

• Bell on December 2016 broke another Pittsburgh Steelers All-Time record for most rushing yards during a single game with 236 rushing yards (along with 3 TD's). 

• Bell during his 1st ever playoff start (2017) set yet another Pittsburgh Steelers Postseason Franchise Record with 167 playoff rushing yards during a single game. 

• Bell during the very next week actually  breaks his own team record with 170 postseason rushing yards during a single game (while becoming one of only 4 NFL players to ever record back to back playoff games of over 150+ rushing yards and 1 of only 3 NFL players to ever  record two postseason games of over 160+ yards throughout an entire career). 

And even as a 1st year Jet while coming out of the backfield behind a trainwrecks disaster of an "o-line" he was still able to provide a young Sam Darnold (and others) with an excellent check down option within the form of an offensive weapon and was still able to record 66 receptions along with an outstanding catch rate percentage of 84.6% (despite not even having an offensive line that could consistently protect for his Quarterback in order for his routes to truly develop). 

Give this man who is an absolute offensive animal and an all-around beast of an NFL RB an actual OFFENSIVE LINE and maybe, just maybe; we'll begin to see more of where this came from (until then, they're simply lying to us all):

How about as an NYJets fan base we continue to witness Joe Douglas re-build our offensive line throughout both Free Agency and then the draft before false claiming that us Jet fans were able to see "the best of Le'Veon Bell" due to Bell himself having to play and run behind the same exact horrendous and unable to pass protect nor run block offensive lineman that got their former G.M in Mike Maccagnan... FIRED (before a former offensive lineman himself in Joe Douglas could begin to fix the problem with a solution).

• I just can not stand the same types of Jet fans who harped all over Jamal Adams before emerging into a First-team All-Pro then become the same exact types of Jet fans now judging Le'Veon Bell after only 1 season behind an awful "O-Line"; I actually hate it. 

Yeah I think alot of people agree with you. I forget what game last year, but. Basically  the only person on the field in green and white to be giving it 100 percent was bell. I will be err forget him running hard into a wall over and over again. Terrible plays but he was giving  it everything.

Guy is a baller. Did and said everything  right last year. Glad he is back and hope for big year

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bell’s 28 plays like he’s 32, he’s done. No wriggle no explosiveness. His style worked because he would be patient then explode through the hole. Problem is he’s got no explosion left. His best role is splitting out as an extra receiver now.

Why is this hard for people to accept when it’s painfully obvious?

he plays hard, he’s been a good teammate, he has patient running and never relied fully on sped. All of those things can be true AND he lost his burst, which is vital to the way he plays.  

he’s done.  Sucks but it’s true. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And you're basing this off of what exactly?

A.) Off of those same exact (embarrassing) offensive lineman who just got Mike Maccagnan fired due to years of O-Line neglect that should've been considered criminal? Nice. Really nice to know. 

B.) Basing it off of the one where Joe Douglas kicked the tires on a (speaking of) washed up 35 year old Ryan Kalil that you expected and demanded Bell be able to still run behind of with "speed"?

C.) Or was it the eye test? The same two eyes that were even too blind to vision and notice all of those big horrendous O-Lineman who were run blocking in front of him? You didn't see that? If not; please go and get your eyes checked for a pair of glasses so that this way you can re-watch next time with four eyes instead of just the two eyes that couldn't see and obviously weren't working the very first time.... 

• Which one was it? I even provided you with multiple choice questions so that if you're not sure of the correct response/answer you can always Christmas tree and guess. 

~ But since you're such an expert on speed of an RB I'll take your word for it, what was Le'Veon Bell's 40 yard dash time coming out of college and then please tell me, what is his 40 speed as of today? lol and how many . 10th's of a second has he truly lost from his 2017 All-Pro season? Plz tell me as I'd like to know. 

~ And since you're also this great RB evaluator and speed expert I bet you can not try and attempt to tell me just how fast was a great #28 Curtis Martin as the entire football world mocked his lack of speed and called him Curtis "CAUGHT FROM BEHIND" Martin throughout his entire 1st ballot HOF career and then can you also tell me just how lightning fast was he @ 31 years old when he used his old man speed and his All-Time great awareness and field vision that he always utilized while destroying the league @ 31 years old? How fast?

Look. I know what slow looks like. And I know what an awful O-Line looks like too (Jets). And I also know what broken down, finished and done looks like as well; and this (below) doesn't look like he's A.) playing behind a 5-Star O-Line nor B.) words such as "slow, broken down, finished and/or done" either....

Not even Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, LT, Walter Payton, Curtis Martin and Le'Veon Bell (combined) would've been able to get it done vs. that Cleveland defense with Luke Falk @ QB and behind that crap fest of an O-Line they wouldn't have been able to; as only I think Barry Sanders might've been able to pull it off. 

So. Tell me. How "fast" was a 31 year old Curtis Martin while playing in his 10th season of 2004 as he ran for 1,697 rushing yards (career high) and almost 2,000 offensive yards from scrimmage (1,942) with 14 offensive touchdowns @ 31 years and too old to run anymore over the past 3 years dating back to only 28 years of age?

And please do me a small favor and watch all of his awesome offensive lineman do work for him as a very patient RB, before trying to talk to me (again) about Le'Veon Bell's 1st year as a JET!

"Speed". 

Dude, you seem to be taking this very personally.  Sorry, I don’t mean to upset you, but unfortunately he’s finished.  

and our newly signed O-Line of mostly back-ups isn’t going to change that.  

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Bell is done.  Anyone expecting anything else will be disappointed.

Not so sure Fido. We saw the wondermlkind Barkley Look just  as ineffective when the Giants lost a couple starting lineman before they played us. We sorta didn’t even start the season with any starting linemen so I  you very well may be right, We have to hope Joe improveS the line enough to give him a chance to show whatever he has left.  He’s more of an unknown right now than a loss cause in my opinion. Sorta similar to the read headed signal caller in a sense. 

Bell’s strength is running through the inside, not out in zone scheme. Gase warned Mac, but I digress.

With the improved Center and guard spots I think Bell will definitely be more productive. But we’re never getting anything close to what Bell was prior.

He’s gone after next year.

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The Jets (due to Maccagnan) featured a makeshift O-Line and a historically atrocious offensive line during only Bell's 1st year as a Jet; but yet now I'm beginning to see a few Jet fans criticizing, harping all over and judging Le'Veon Bell's overall talent and abilities as an NFL RB because of it? It's absolute horse crap. 

• Le'Veon Bell is one of the greatest dual threat HB's and 3-down-backs who's ever lived to play the game.

All-Time Le'Veon Bell only ranks behind Jim Brown and Ezekiel Elliot for Average Offensive Yards from Scrimmage per game (120.1 yards from scrimmage per game) and is ranked ahead of the likes of legends such as Barry Sanders, Terrell Davis, Walter Payton, Marshall Faulk, LaDainian Tomlinson, Eric Dickerson, Curtis Martin and Adrian Peterson as some of the only one's who've ever been able to average over 100 offensive yards per game from scrimmage (not even O.J Simpson @ 99.1 yards per game could accomplish this feat). 

Rushing yards: 6,084
Yards per carry: 4.2
Rushing touchdowns: 38
Receptions: 373
Receiving yards: 3,085
Receiving touchdowns: 8

• Bell broke Pittsburgh Steelers legend Franco Harris's rookie record for total yards from scrimmage (1,259) as a (R)..

• Bell became the only Pittsburgh Steelers RB of All-Time to record 7 consecutive games of over 100 yards from scrimmage. 

• Bell then tied Walter Payton for most consecutive games of over 200 yards from scrimmage (3) within NFL history. 

• Bell on December 2016 broke another Pittsburgh Steelers All-Time record for most rushing yards during a single game with 236 rushing yards (along with 3 TD's). 

• Bell during his 1st ever playoff start (2017) set yet another Pittsburgh Steelers Postseason Franchise Record with 167 playoff rushing yards during a single game. 

• Bell during the very next week actually  breaks his own team record with 170 postseason rushing yards during a single game (while becoming one of only 4 NFL players to ever record back to back playoff games of over 150+ rushing yards and 1 of only 3 NFL players to ever  record two postseason games of over 160+ yards throughout an entire career). 

And even as a 1st year Jet while coming out of the backfield behind a trainwrecks disaster of an "o-line" he was still able to provide a young Sam Darnold (and others) with an excellent check down option within the form of an offensive weapon and was still able to record 66 receptions along with an outstanding catch rate percentage of 84.6% (despite not even having an offensive line that could consistently protect for his Quarterback in order for his routes to truly develop). 

Give this man who is an absolute offensive animal and an all-around beast of an NFL RB an actual OFFENSIVE LINE and maybe, just maybe; we'll begin to see more of where this came from (until then, they're simply lying to us all):

How about as an NYJets fan base we continue to witness Joe Douglas re-build our offensive line throughout both Free Agency and then the draft before false claiming that us Jet fans were able to see "the best of Le'Veon Bell" due to Bell himself having to play and run behind the same exact horrendous and unable to pass protect nor run block offensive lineman that got their former G.M in Mike Maccagnan... FIRED (before a former offensive lineman himself in Joe Douglas could begin to fix the problem with a solution).

• I just can not stand the same types of Jet fans who harped all over Jamal Adams before emerging into a First-team All-Pro then become the same exact types of Jet fans now judging Le'Veon Bell after only 1 season behind an awful "O-Line"; I actually hate it. 

liveblogging john cena GIF

i don't think bell is finished.  i also agree that whatever mac put together on the oline was the main reason why his production was way down.  i don't blame gase because his job is to call plays that his players can or should be able to execute.  but at the same time i can't help thinking that bell wasn't fully ready to start the season and he wasn't ready to play behind the jet oline.  it takes all of these guys practicing together before they are really good.  douglas has brought in quite a few new faces.  hopefully they'll get it together from the season's start.