What can we do to improve the site?

So as we are trapped indoors I find myself with some extra time. I am going to be looking into updating some things on the site soon. I figured I would check to see if anyone had thoughts.  What can we do to make the site better?

Just throw any ideas you have out there. If we can do it we will. I hope to have better reaction posts in place soon and I am looking into an updated Post of the Week option. We had another request recently to fix the mp3 button, I am looking into that as well.

There is a feature called Clubs in Invision. That could be good, could be bad.  But basically let me know if you have thoughts on how we can make the forums or the site better?  Anything at all, let's hear it.

And thank you to so many of you for calling this place home.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks, I know you sent in a demo video. We are going to have some interns check it for viruses and then we will be in touch.

Who sang that song????? I love you just the way you are. Believe it was Billy Joel- no?

?

How about whenever you respond to a post, you have the opportunity to rate the thread. 

Make a scale of 1-10.  This way, instead of wasting our time reading a thread, we can decide based on the average rating if we should even bother reading it.  If 3 people rate a thread a 5, and the fourth rate it a 9, the average rating is a 6.

What do you think?

• Upvote 2

I know a former site cashed in, crashed in, & burned in a failed attempt to try and have some sort of links / connections / agreements with message board sites for other teams ... but

if there is a way to have one of those sticky tags for us to enter cool messageboard sites (like ours!) for other teams ... it would be sweet to go to them & chime in, as well as have them do so here as well.

not just the 2 or 3 posters who show up here regularly, along with the disguised trolls ... but get some more spices to toss into our soup here

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I also think you should use some of the content in various threads on your Twitter.  There are some legit smart football people here, and a load of entertaining personalities.  That's the content that separates you guys.  Just my 2 cents.

For instance, the mock draft that goes on here is something this place should be proud of.  That's really unique content.

16 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

The avatar pic size is kinda annoying.

I can never find one that is "the right size".

Could it be made to autosize our pics for use as avatars?

^^ And can we be able to re-size a pic we want to post? It's annoying when you have something to post and realize you don't want to post an image that large, so you have to save it and manually edit the image with another program. I thought we used to be able to do that.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Thread starting limits per amount of time? Would maybe hopefully reduce the amount of impulse everyone is great or fire everyone threads after each game?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I Kinda enjoy the Fire Everyone threads after the games.  They can be very therapeutic.  

Deleting them the next day I would be all-in on, when cooler minds can take over  - but that night - I must say, I enjoy the fire everyone threads

Someday it would be nice to not have to them - if the team isn’t an embarrassment 8 or 9 times a year.  But until then...

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Someone here (hawkeye i think) mentioned the function that allows you to jump into a thread where you left off, new content launch point... that would be nice, we used to have that at JI i believe.

I think as far as what JN needs is more branding and more official content. Bloody Disgusting was horror movie forum (i grew up in the 80s, OK) that continued to flesh out the articles, reviews, interviews, and sharing & promoting member content... that site today is one of *if not, THE* premiere online horror film site... but it wasn't always that way. it was nothing more than JN is now in it's infancy. 

• Sympathy 1