What can we do to improve the site?

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Have a Jetnation shop where we can buy t-shirts.  

A shirt idea:

Gase and Corona, two things that must leave NY ASAP!

Just my 2 cents

That would be funny. We could do JetNation t-shirts, anything else is a no-no. Sites have put themselves in hot water in the past with copyright issues so we have always avoided the t-shirt business.

15 hours ago, freestater said:

Have you considered teaming up with those up-and-comers, scout.com?

Have a conference call next Tuesday. They made an initial offer of $140,000 and now based on their current stock price it is worth 79 cents. So we have to sharpen the pencil a bit.

15 hours ago, Nolder said:

Would it be possible to let us use gifs for our userpics?

Unfortunately they don't allow that in the software, I think it is because of the file size and page load speed. Good suggestion though.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Brings you to thevfirat post in the thread when opened a second time, at least that is what happens to me

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

FWIW, the functionality does appear to work, sort of.   If I am on the forum list home page, and I click the thread that's showing as the latest thread in that forum, it works

If I'm in a given forum(where all the threads are showing) and I click on a given thread from that page, it does not.

(Doesn't work here)

Screenshot_2020-03-31-07-15-17~2.png

(Works here)

Screenshot_2020-03-31-07-17-30~2.png

I will look into this, it is working for me.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I will look into this, it is working for me.

Upon looking a bit closer, there is a link at the top of thread when I open it a second time that says "unread". When I click that, it seems to take me to the first unread post, or at least I think that is what it is doing so it isn't  an automatic process,  you need to click the link for it to work. If this is how it was intended to function,  then everything is ok. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Maxman said:

So as we are trapped indoors I find myself with some extra time. I am going to be looking into updating some things on the site soon. I figured I would check to see if anyone had thoughts.  What can we do to make the site better?

Just throw any ideas you have out there. If we can do it we will. I hope to have better reaction posts in place soon and I am looking into an updated Post of the Week option. We had another request recently to fix the mp3 button, I am looking into that as well.

There is a feature called Clubs in Invision. That could be good, could be bad.  But basically let me know if you have thoughts on how we can make the forums or the site better?  Anything at all, let's hear it.

And thank you to so many of you for calling this place home.

How about a personality that knows something about the Jets or has general knowledge of NFL teams in general. Not to insult anyone in particular, but there's a general lack of knowledge on this site specifically when it comes to roster building. Example last August just when cuts were starting, just about EVERYONE on this site thought GREG DORSCH had the return job completely locked up. They actually believed Dorsch would make the team as strictly a returner, with NO other responsibilities. They even argued that just about every special teamer is dedicated to only ONE task. Well, their misunderstanding of that is pretty much football 101 knowledge. So once again perhaps someone who could raise the general knowledge level of the posters would be an excellent addition and probably something that no other football fan site has?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

How about a personality that knows something about the Jets or has general knowledge of NFL teams in general. Not to insult anyone in particular, but there's a general lack of knowledge on this site specifically when it comes to roster building. Example last August just when cuts were starting, just about EVERYONE on this site thought GREG DORSCH had the return job completely locked up. They actually believed Dorsch would make the team as strictly a returner, with NO other responsibilities. They even argued that just about every special teamer is dedicated to only ONE task. Well, their misunderstanding of that is pretty much football 101 knowledge. So once again perhaps someone who could raise the general knowledge level of the posters would be an excellent addition and probably something that no other football fan site has?

It won't be this guy:

Tenor GIF Keyboard - Bring Personality To Your Conversations

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Unfortunately they don't allow that in the software, I think it is because of the file size and page load speed. Good suggestion though.

Makes sense. I've seen it on other forums before is why I asked. No biggie.

Thank you for taking Spoot's suggestion about searching individual user posts in a thread by the way. I know it probably wont be much use to most of the regular forum but it is a HUGE thing for the mafia crowd. Also we just got a bunch of newbies playing so we're more active than we have been in years right now. Things are awesome there, thanks again!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

@T0mShane

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Flood social media outlets with original content from JN members & contributors. Insight like numbers, isolated stats, videos, gif. breakdowns are all good starting points. Own the Twitter game. It’ll bring in so much more traffic and it’ll be refreshing.

We need more help for that stuff, more blog posts and the like. Also been looking for someone to help out on Instagram forever. I agree with your post, we just are stretched thin already.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

15 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

HELLO JETS NATION I AM YOUR NFL KNOWLEDGE FOOTBALL EXPERT PERSONALITY AND I AM VERY FAMOUS FOR MY EXPERTISE. GREG DORSH SUCKS MY ASS NO POSITIONAL VERSATILITY LIKE JOSH BELLAMY AMA AMA AMA AMA

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Max, 

Im late to the party and haven't read through the suggestions so I hope Im not repeating this but I just went to upvote a post and saw the new icons, the thumb down and crying emoji and was reminded of one on my wish list.  Is there a way to indicate in the notifications that someone has reacted to one of our posts what that reaction was?  So that we know before opening? 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, jgb said:

We used to have live chats with Beat Reporters. Those were really great.

I remember those chats we had with Randy Lang who was then with the Bergen Record (or was that on JI?)  Those were great.

How about getting some of those here with any of the beat reporters that we don't universally despise like Mehta?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I remember those chats we had with Randy Lang who was then with the Bergen Record (or was that on JI?)  Those were great.

How about getting some of those here with any of the beat reporters that we don't universally despise like Mehta?

That was here. They won't do them anymore here because they all do their own Twitter mailbags now.

They were a lot of fun though. Scary doing them but fun.

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2020 at 12:35 AM, Maxman said:

The Pats Fan Tx Steel Cage.

Create a Troll Quarantine Unit.  Unfortunately, we don't have sufficient resources to keep all of them alive so there will be some very difficult ethical decisions to be made by the mods.  It's where the Mods can really flex their God-playing roles.  

35 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't have takes. I amuse myself. I avoid expert analysis. I leave that to the Shanes of the world. 

Btw wash your hands you filthy Irish prick. I'd hate to lose you.

That’s very sweet. I hope you survive, too. Stick with the Russian prostitutes. Statistically, they seem to be of heartier stock

• Haha 1

btw, i LOVE that the buttfumble is no more...

a thumbs down is perfect.

(i know, not that you asked)

but, JetNation buttfumbling one another was just so weird and gross..  bad enough its etched in our damaged minds,

that we should then throw it around at each other like sh*t slinging monkeys? eww

• Post of the Week 1

On 3/31/2020 at 10:20 AM, Maxman said:

That would be funny. We could do JetNation t-shirts, anything else is a no-no. Sites have put themselves in hot water in the past with copyright issues so we have always avoided the t-shirt business.

Have a conference call next Tuesday. They made an initial offer of $140,000 and now based on their current stock price it is worth 79 cents. So we have to sharpen the pencil a bit.

JetNation logo idea #1

9da4c979-f88a-4b46-a1f1-aa99665cae15_200x200.png.7a8f67b578e4bb8fb3f7239af8483ff4.png