What can we do to improve the site?

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

btw, i LOVE that the buttfumble is no more...

a thumbs down is perfect.

(i know, not that you asked)

but, JetNation buttfumbling one another was just so weird and gross..  bad enough its etched in our damaged minds,

that we should then throw it around at each other like sh*t slinging monkeys? eww

@Integ--

Oh, right.

• Upvote 1

Site design: make it cleaner - meaning less is more. Keep all the functionality but consolidate where you can via drop-down menus and whatever else you can think of. Not a big deal to me, but I'd be curious to see how that'd look.

Otherwise if it ain't broke don't fix it. Tremendous site you've created, nurtured and administered.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Personally I loved the butt fumble, Tyrion's quote basically embodies my sentiment towards it.

Polish_20200402_004406937.jpg

I want to see a dedicated video on YouTube on this VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC.  Bring back the butt fumble.  :)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/28/2020 at 8:33 PM, ljr said:

I know a former site cashed in, crashed in, & burned in a failed attempt to try and have some sort of links / connections / agreements with message board sites for other teams ... but

if there is a way to have one of those sticky tags for us to enter cool messageboard sites (like ours!) for other teams ... it would be sweet to go to them & chime in, as well as have them do so here as well.

not just the 2 or 3 posters who show up here regularly, along with the disguised trolls ... but get some more spices to toss into our soup here

This is a good one. That was the allure of the old Rivals.com board in the early 2000's.  That's where I cut my teeth in the Jets message board world.  It had a connection to a message board for every team. It was seamless and easy. 

I would go to every team's board that we were playing that week and chat with them. Most of the time it was civil and a lot of fun, if not educational.  The Pats board was hot garbage packed with the worst people I've ever "met" outside of Cleveland. hahaha

@Maxman  This is a great idea. Maybe we can even create a separate board for the other teams and work on building an NFL wide "nation" SteelerNation, LionNation, CardinalNation and so on. We could start with the AFC EAST.  Eh? Eh? 

WE COULD RUUUULE THE WOOOOORLD!!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I want to see a dedicated video on YouTube on this VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC.  Bring back the butt fumble.  :)

Idk if you know this but I started a series last year called F*ck Marry Kill. I'd grade each FA at a given position using a score of 1-3 fighter jets. If a player was extra bad at a category they would receive a butt fumble.

That idea was 100% from my time on this forum haha 

#MakeJetNationButtFumbleAgain

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is a good one. That was the allure of the old Rivals.com board in the early 2000's.  That's where I cut my teeth in the Jets message board world.  It had a connection to a message board for every team. It was seamless and easy. 

I would go to every team's board that we were playing that week and chat with them. Most of the time it was civil and a lot of fun, if not educational.  The Pats board was hot garbage packed with the worst people I've ever "met" outside of Cleveland. hahaha

@Maxman  This is a great idea. Maybe we can even create a separate board for the other teams and work on building an NFL wide "nation" SteelerNation, LionNation, CardinalNation and so on. We could start with the AFC EAST.  Eh? Eh? 

Was apart of a similar board before joining here. I really liked getting other fans point of view on stuff. Earlier in this thread I posted a ton of different forums I'll look at for other teams. Completely agree on people being civil, for the most part. Gotta give those mods something to do haha

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Was apart of a similar board before joining here. I really liked getting other fans point of view on stuff. Earlier in this thread I posted a ton of different forums I'll look at for other teams. Completely agree on people being civil, for the most part. Gotta give those mods something to do haha

Yeah I just saw that post. I literally opened this thread at the end to check if there was a summation post from @Maxman, which there was.  then I read the ENTIRE friggin thread backwards like the moron I am cuz i got curious. Now there's a reason to stay up till 2am huh? 

I checked on the beginning of your new mock vid and saw the links there too. Very cool man.  I stopped myself though before I got to the good stuff. Again, I didn't want to taint mine with your probably better ideas. hahaha 

It's just gotta be pure! :)  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Personally I loved the butt fumble, Tyrion's quote basically embodies my sentiment towards it.

Polish_20200402_004406937.jpg

Butt fumbling someone very quickly allowed you to see what type of person they are. Does it strengthen their resolve or do they crumble?

A lot like what the Jets do to all of us.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, jgb said:

I will miss the butt fumble. It gave us an inside joke, something relevant instead of a lame “thumbs up” like every other site on earth. I would’ve gone further though with all Jets related reactions.

great post- Joe Willy flashing #1 going into tunnel

good post- a chrebet

bad post - a kotite

abomination- butt fumble 

Then we can brag about how many Namaths we have. “Likes” and thumbs up are for millennials on Twittergram

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

#TheQuarantineLife

image.png.f828934f17fb8f62d942855ac0bbc574.png

• Post of the Week 4

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Here is what has been changed so far. Some new features:

• Show all posts by one person in this thread, the mafia people wanted it
  • Revamped reactions; people asked for butt fumble to be removed, others are complaining about no butt fumble so we have to see how that goes. Feel free to chime in with your vote.
  • Unread posts - there is a button up top that says unread, this brings you to the first post you didn't read in the thread. You can also do this from outside the thread
  • Ban posters from a thread. Moderators now have this option. Figured it could be a warning shot, a lot of times it will back fire because people will start other threads and might spiral. But like I said it is a warning shot.

I am working on another way to rate threads. Looking into a few other things as well. Trying to find arcade games like we used to have, I did find BlackJack.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

The buttfumble was kinda overused and annoying IMO.

I wouldve liked a shaking head or facepalm post rating option, but hey.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Here is what has been changed so far. Some new features:

• Show all posts by one person in this thread, the mafia people wanted it
  • Revamped reactions; people asked for butt fumble to be removed, others are complaining about no butt fumble so we have to see how that goes. Feel free to chime in with your vote.
  • Unread posts - there is a button up top that says unread, this brings you to the first post you didn't read in the thread. You can also do this from outside the thread
  • Ban posters from a thread. Moderators now have this option. Figured it could be a warning shot, a lot of times it will back fire because people will start other threads and might spiral. But like I said it is a warning shot.

I am working on another way to rate threads. Looking into a few other things as well. Trying to find arcade games like we used to have, I did find BlackJack.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We can't get rid of the profanity filter? ?

I'm curious why that is even a thing. There's profile photos of mostly naked women but we can't drop an F-bomb? Not arguing, just curious about the reaonsing.

Thread merging should be a mod priority IMO. For instance when Van Roten was signed, we had two simultaneous threads going with 50+ posts each.

The board can get very cluttered during high traffic and it totally fragments the discussion. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We can't get rid of the profanity filter? ?

I'm curious why that is even a thing. There's profile photos of mostly naked women but we can't drop an F-bomb? Not arguing, just curious about the reaonsing.

I can think o several hundred reasons each month. Advertiser don't want their ads on pages with cursing, so if we violate their TOS I have to pay the hosting and software costs on my own.  :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Back in the day there was a Post of the Week thread. All of the nominated posts would be on display and a mod would select the winner. It was often hilarious and should be brought back.

I would like to bring this back. Our video guy offered to do a video each week. It is a resource issue because it takes time to put together. I tried hiring a programmer to automate it but couldn't find anyone unfortunately.

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Thread merging should be a mod priority IMO. For instance when Van Roten was signed, we had two simultaneous threads going with 50+ posts each.

The board can get very cluttered during high traffic and it totally fragments the discussion. 

I wonder if there is a plugin to make a suggestion for an existing thread based on thread title you enter for a new thread?

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

There was a site that was bigger than us when we started NY Jet Fan or something like that. The owner tried doing this, he wanted to make a league wide site, all teams. He failed and it put his site out pretty much. 

Back in the day, many years ago, I looked and most teams had squatters sitting on the Nation version of their team names. None of them were available.

I am a fan of doing one thing well and sticking with it. With Facebook and Twitter there are so many large fan sites out there. I am definitely open to the idea of getting more fans of other teams in here. The point is good, they bring insight and the conversation can be good. They just have to be the right kind of fan, not here to incite and things like that.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Also this is the exact business model of Scout.  Just saying lol.

:)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I think Herm would be better for the confused one.

Mental Training Tips: Self-Intimidation - Utah Lacrosse News

Haha excellent feedback! I went with Kotite so it could be "Konfused" but Herm maybe a better choice!

While searching for pics, I realized how much I miss Fat Rex.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Butt fumbling someone very quickly allowed you to see what type of person they are. Does it strengthen their resolve or do they crumble?

A lot like what the Jets do to all of us.

It's amazing how many people got so over the top offended by getting a buttfumble.

#snowflakes

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It's amazing how many people got so over the top offended by getting a buttfumble.

#snowflakes

The Jets responded better to the actual butt fumble than many posters here to a virtual butt fumble. Outscored the Pats in the second half of that game. 

• Upvote 1