What can we do to improve the site?

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

There was a site that was bigger than us when we started NY Jet Fan or something like that. The owner tried doing this, he wanted to make a league wide site, all teams. He failed and it put his site out pretty much. 

Back in the day, many years ago, I looked and most teams had squatters sitting on the Nation version of their team names. None of them were available.

I am a fan of doing one thing well and sticking with it. With Facebook and Twitter there are so many large fan sites out there. I am definitely open to the idea of getting more fans of other teams in here. The point is good, they bring insight and the conversation can be good. They just have to be the right kind of fan, not here to incite and things like that.

So no ruling the world then I suppose?  :P 

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2020 at 2:00 AM, T0mShane said:

HELLO JETS NATION I AM YOUR NFL KNOWLEDGE FOOTBALL EXPERT PERSONALITY AND I AM VERY FAMOUS FOR MY EXPERTISE. GREG DORSH SUCKS MY ASS NO POSITIONAL VERSATILITY LIKE JOSH BELLAMY AMA AMA AMA AMA

You're a dingbat with a tiny, little weiner, Shane......

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You're a dingbat with a tiny, little weiner, Shane......

Normally we wouldn't allow a post like this. But I can't find any grounds on which it should be deleted.

It is true. It is factually accurate.

We have no choice but to let it stand.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

Here is what has been changed so far. Some new features:

• Show all posts by one person in this thread, the mafia people wanted it
  • Revamped reactions; people asked for butt fumble to be removed, others are complaining about no butt fumble so we have to see how that goes. Feel free to chime in with your vote.
  • Unread posts - there is a button up top that says unread, this brings you to the first post you didn't read in the thread. You can also do this from outside the thread
  • Ban posters from a thread. Moderators now have this option. Figured it could be a warning shot, a lot of times it will back fire because people will start other threads and might spiral. But like I said it is a warning shot.

I am working on another way to rate threads. Looking into a few other things as well. Trying to find arcade games like we used to have, I did find BlackJack.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Glad the butt fumble is gone.  Thought it lost it's humor a long time ago.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Glad the butt fumble is gone.  Thought it lost it's humor a long time ago.  

The butt fumble is like our political line. Everyone is on the left of the right. When it comes to the butt fumble nobody sits right on the crack (middle).

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The butt fumble is like our political line. Everyone is on the left of the right. When it comes to the butt fumble nobody sits right on the crack (middle).

More importantly now that there is no butt fumbles did you recalculate the reputation score?

i started a thread and apparently folks don’t get sarcasm and I got 42 butt fumbles.   Took me a week to get over it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

More importantly now that there is no butt fumbles did you recalculate the reputation score?

i started a thread and apparently folks don’t get sarcasm and I got 42 butt fumbles.   Took me a week to get over it. 

This is what we are missing. BBTBF!

• Haha 1

One other great feature be I've seen elsewhere is if I quote a super long post, the visual in my post of the quoted post is truncated to the first few sentences or whatever, and if people want to see the full post they can click to expand it.

This way people can still see who/what you are responding to, but cuts down on the clutter/scroll time big time.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 4/2/2020 at 10:46 PM, batman10023 said:

No recalculation. The butt fumble was just replaced with the thumbs down.

55 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One other great feature be I've seen elsewhere is if I quote a super long post, the visual in my post of the quoted post is truncated to the first few sentences or whatever, and if people want to see the full post they can click to expand it.

This way people can still see who/what you are responding to, but cuts down on the clutter/scroll time big time.

I would like that feature as well, I will look for it.

The current method isn't working because of social distancing. We had been driving to peoples houses when they quote long posts and punching them in the face. Your plan is much better.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The current method isn't working because of social distancing. We had been driving to peoples houses when they quote long posts and punching them in the face. Your plan is much better.

But not as gratifying ?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

the easier solution is to just ban @Sperm Edwards and @Villain The Foe.  That will reduce average post length on the site tremendously.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think some forums have it for quoted texts too.  Any time anybody quotes a DWC post it takes 45 minutes to scroll down to the new content.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Holy crap, @Sperm Edwards must be dead now.

• Haha 3

On 4/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

FWIW you can easily cut out big chunks of a quoted post if you just want to refer to a particular point.  But yeah, some people just let it fly and it is definitely annoying.  Good point.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Maxman said:

So as we are trapped indoors I find myself with some extra time. I am going to be looking into updating some things on the site soon. I figured I would check to see if anyone had thoughts.  What can we do to make the site better?

On 3/28/2020 at 9:59 PM, SAR I said:

...please fix Notifications.  A few things:

1.  Half of the time, I get no notification that I've received a response to a post I've made.  If I click the icon I see them, but I don't get the red dot telling me I've got 3 post responses.  This has been happening for over a year both on my notebook (Chrome, Firefox) and on my iPhone (Safari).  Can you take a look at what the issue is?

2. For those of us who don't use Tapatalk and use a browser like Safari on iPhone, notifications are buried in an icon with three horizontal lines.  So to get to a post notification it requires double the clicks.  (See image above).  Can you consider getting rid of the "+" icon which allows someone to create a new post (its redundant, you have a huge green button above the fold) and making the room to then expose the "globe" icon instead?  Getting to Notifications can be much easier on a mobile browser this way.

Thanks.

SAR I

giphy.gif

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1