What can we do to improve the site?

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

giphy.gif

SAR I

Well thanks for the snarky response, if you would like a refund of your premium membership just let me know. We would be happy to process it, according to our records you have paid $0, so we will just go ahead and process that amount for you now. Sorry we couldn't better serve your needs.

Also, you don't deserve an actual answer but I already did answer you:

One thing on the notifications. I just read on Invision's site:  Notification enhancements coming in 4.5. They have been revamped completely. I think that is almost available so I will check things out then, hopefully it fixes the notification problems that you mentioned.

Sorry again that our volunteer service doesn't meet your expectations. I have spent hours on this topic alone, I put in many of the requested changes. I have been reading about the next release and since they are revamping notifications it makes sense to wait until then. As far as I know you are the only person reporting this issue, they are working for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I guess I'd still like a "post of the year" type thing that gets automatically tallied up at the end of the year with gold, silver and bronze awards (no prizes or anything but just recognition).  It would be fun to look back at winners from prior seasons.  I guess maybe the "year" should end the day of the Superbowl (or maybe a couple of days after since "post-Superbowl chatter" might still belong in the season that just got completed) rather than just January 1 through December 31.  So maybe "post of the season".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I guess I'd still like a "post of the year" type thing that gets automatically tallied up at the end of the year with gold, silver and bronze awards (no prizes or anything but just recognition).  It would be fun to look back at winners from prior seasons.  I guess maybe the "year" should end the day of the Superbowl (or maybe a couple of days after since "post-Superbowl chatter" might still belong in the season that just got completed) rather than just January 1 through December 31.  So maybe "post of the season".

The ability to see top posts by upvotes would be cool 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, freestater said:

A quick link between the main board and the draft board would be cool. Especially this time of year. 

That is very easy to do. Check out the first post I made in the thread below. Just select NFL and Draft forum, all set.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

It would be nice if we didn’t have to log in every time we access the site.  

@ECURB just mentioned this but this definitely sounds like a local setting. I can't remember the last time I had to login. All that stuff is usually worked out through cookies.

• Upvote 1

@Maxman There are a LOT of opposing views expressed on this site, part of that is the purpose of a message board I guess, but it leads to posters betting money based on certain in-game outcomes (typically $$ to a charity of their choice). 

How cool would it be if instead, we could put our rep on the line? If mods can edit rep the logistics would be pretty easy, and if betting “units” were 1,000 upvotes and above, only tenured posters could really participate. 

It would be cool. 

12 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Maxman There are a LOT of opposing views expressed on this site, part of that is the purpose of a message board I guess, but it leads to posters betting money based on certain in-game outcomes (typically $$ to a charity of their choice). 

How cool would it be if instead, we could put our rep on the line? If mods can edit rep the logistics would be pretty easy, and if betting “units” were 1,000 upvotes and above, only tenured posters could really participate. 

It would be cool. 

That is interesting, we used to use the points for betting on the vbookie system. It was just a lot to manage. There are reputation management options, you can use points for different things.

There are a million features that are available:  https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8833-members-shop/

Take a look and I am open to suggestions. Not sure what we would do all that functionality but if there is a use for it I am in.

11 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

If you made it compatible with Tapatalk so I could use the polls, that would be wonderful.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

What is happening on Tapatalk now? Can you post and just not vote in polls? Please let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Nothing you can really do but I HATE when the OP starts a long thread and the person that posts right after him quotes him. 

Ok so I am so guilty of this.  I just need a tutorial on posting.  I don’t know how to add images etc....I am seeing my 15 year old nephew Monday. Gonna give him a brand new nickel and a Worther’s Original in exchange for some Tech help.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

"You're just mad that you're a clueless keyboard forum poster who can't appreciate Jamal ADAM'S beautiful abs and physique."

*Insert 20 images and YouTube highlight videos here*

- DWC

This is as accurate as it gets lol

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

It would be cool. 

Instead of rep points, how about “virtual cash” (“Jbucks”?) that can be transferred between forum posters.  You’d have to trust them to pay when they lose a bet. And I think we should allow people to transfer even when their balance runs negative. Start with 0 each. If 2 people agree to a 50 Jbucks bet then, after the game is over, the loser transfers 50 to the winner and the balances adjust accordingly (one person is -50 and the other person is +50). We can even have fun names for the virtual cash.

“Mehta Bucks”?

23 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Instead of rep points, how about “virtual cash” (“Jbucks”?) that can be transferred between forum posters.  You’d have to trust them to pay when they lose a bet. And I think we should allow people to transfer even when their balance runs negative. Start with 0 each. If 2 people agree to a 50 Jbucks bet then, after the game is over, the loser transfers 50 to the winner and the balances adjust accordingly (one person is -50 and the other person is +50). We can even have fun names for the virtual cash.

“Mehta Bucks”?

I like The idea of wagering rep because you can earn it by contributing to the forums, and you can lose it by saying douchey things, or in my case, saying awesome things around douchey people. 

If it is a separate currency that is “free” we’re going to see degenerate gambling type bets. I like the name though. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well thanks for the snarky response, if you would like a refund of your premium membership just let me know. We would be happy to process it, according to our records you have paid $0, so we will just go ahead and process that amount for you now. Sorry we couldn't better serve your needs.

I'm happy to pay for membership.  I didn't realize we offered that tier. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Also, you don't deserve an actual answer but I already did answer you:

If my notifications were functioning properly perhaps I would have known that.

(Not trying to be snarky, it's actually true.)

Thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration.

SAR I

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

“Mehta Bucks”?

Well we definitely can't name it Mehta bucks lol.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I like The idea of wagering rep because you can earn it by contributing to the forums, and you can lose it by saying douchey things, or in my case, saying awesome things around douchey people. 

If it is a separate currency that is “free” we’re going to see degenerate gambling type bets. I like the name though. 

I would love others to chime in to see what they think. It isn't that hard to put in, would just take a few minutes. The plugin is pretty inexpensive but it is just one more thing for us to manage. So I want to make sure people would us it. 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm happy to pay for membership.  I didn't realize we offered that tier. 

If my notifications were functioning properly perhaps I would have known that.

(Not trying to be snarky, it's actually true.)

Thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration.

SAR I

No, we would never take membership money from users, that definitely isn't needed and was just a joke.

I hope they release the new version soon, I keep checking. Once it is out I will upgrade and then hopefully the notification issue is fixed. If not we will sort it out.

Thanks.

• Sympathy 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Maxman said:

So as we are trapped indoors I find myself with some extra time. I am going to be looking into updating some things on the site soon. I figured I would check to see if anyone had thoughts.  What can we do to make the site better?

Just throw any ideas you have out there. If we can do it we will. I hope to have better reaction posts in place soon and I am looking into an updated Post of the Week option. We had another request recently to fix the mp3 button, I am looking into that as well.

There is a feature called Clubs in Invision. That could be good, could be bad.  But basically let me know if you have thoughts on how we can make the forums or the site better?  Anything at all, let's hear it.

And thank you to so many of you for calling this place home.

Have a “Botton Page” button. When I refresh a mafia page it always takes me to the top of page then I have to scroll back down. I’d find that helpful. 

Also, get rid of the Mafia Lounge! It’s a time warping black hole! ??☠️

• Upvote 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:21 AM, predator_05 said:

All black background. Easier on the eyes.

Maybe a chat room on discord?

They have a chat room option with the software here. Nobody was using it and it cost money each month so I stopped it eventually, I can look into it again.

I like the idea of a black background Jets theme. I like that idea a lot. We can have multiple themes it costs a little bit because we have to pay to update the customizations each upgrade. But honestly it isn't much money so I think it will be well worth it.

We can keep this one as the default and people can toggle if they want.  Great idea!

• Sympathy 1