Happy Birthday Adam Gase

SAR I

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

I hope your birthday sucks as bad as your coaching 

When we win the division and you dare to post something complimentary I will take out the list and remind all of you haters that you weren't part of the solution, you were always the problem.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

I’m excited about a Jets season for the first time since Mangini was here because we have a coach who’s not intellectually outmatched every week. I hope Douglas gets Adam some playmakers on offense for his birthday. All the best to you, Adam Gase, and thank you for all you’ve done, and will do. 
happy birthday GIF

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

When he proves he can win I’ll give him credit. 

What drives me crazy about Sar besides the point he tries to dig at everyone who dislikes the coach is he says we are part of the problem NO SAR you are the problem you have basic issues with facts that disproves anything you have said about him. there is a reason I blocked him and then see his post.

Do I wish Ill on gase no but I hope he learns how to coach or gets fired I mean for an offensive genius to finish in the bottom 5 for 4 yrs running says something either he s a bad coach and Sar knows nothing about football or he is genius waiting to prove everyone wrong. Don't let history and stats fool you though, one yr gase will be a winning coach and Sar will be there saying he told us so. It may be 10 yrs from now but hey Sar has time

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, docdhc said:

7-9 with that roster, 3 games with a 3rd string qb, best defensive player out 15 1/4 games, multiple injuries to tight ends and starting OL. I wonder what the Gase haters think the record should have been had he only coached better? I think he did a good job and am excited to see what he can do with a competitive roster. I’m not saying he’s a great coach yet but he certainly deserves the opportunity to show what he can do. 

Hell yes. Gase haters are absolute garbage.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Happy birthday Adam, here is hoping your offensive genius can elevate our offense to new heights.

But one thing, perhaps you are reading the NFL offensive stats upside down since your offenses have been:

24,25,31,32 over the last four years.  The high numbers are bad, not good.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, docdhc said:

7-9 with that roster, 3 games with a 3rd string qb, best defensive player out 15 1/4 games, multiple injuries to tight ends and starting OL. I wonder what the Gase haters think the record should have been had he only coached better? I think he did a good job and am excited to see what he can do with a competitive roster. I’m not saying he’s a great coach yet but he certainly deserves the opportunity to show what he can do. 

Exactly.

Most fans had us at 5-11 or 6-10 perfectly healthy!

So we go 7-9 completely injured, 7-5 with Sam Darnold under center, and they're miserable why? 

Because they didn't want Gase and they need to hate Gase to justify their 'predictions', like that matters.

Friggin' Mets fans.  Can't stand 'em.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"We're 1-4!  Gase sucks!  Fly planes!  Fire him!"

"We finished 6-2.  Great job by Gregg Williams."

You can't make this stuff up.

SAR I

At least we’ll be free of their whining because they’ll all be rooting for the Cowboys this year and their all-time favorite coach Mike McCarthy.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nope.

If you aren't a fan of the team today, you aren't a fan of the team when they win.  You can't hate on your wife for 5 years and decide to love her again when she loses 20 pounds.  It's not the way it works.  Your negativity and hatred when we lose poisons any joy you might feel when we win.  And if you pretend to feel good when we win the division this year, I'll be here to remind you how you're miserable.

There's still time for you to get your way off the list.  Suggest you make an effort.

SAR I

I absolutely can hate my wife if she gets fat and I’m a fan of the team just not the HC or OC. They never should of been hired and until they proves me wrong by winning it was a dumb move getting them. 
Being a fan of the team doesn’t mean I have to blindly route for coaches and players of a losing team that has a history of awful hirings and signings.

If they advance in the playoff the next three seasons are you still going to praise Gase like you still do Sanchez?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m excited about a Jets season for the first time since Mangini was here because we have a coach who’s not intellectually outmatched every week. I hope Douglas gets Adam some playmakers on offense for his birthday. All the best to you, Adam Gase, and thank you for all you’ve done, and will do. 
happy birthday GIF

Hopefully Darnold can become as smart as Peyton Manning because it’s the only time Gase won. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You can't hate on your wife for 5 years and decide to love her again when she loses 20 pounds.  It's not the way it works. 

What if she was trim, but just got lazy and fat? Then after five years of trying to help her and losing hope she finally accepts that drinking diet soda doesn't offset eating Doritos at 12 am before going to sleep. She begins lose weight at which point you begin to truly love her again. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I absolutely can hate my wife if she gets fat and I’m a fan of the team just not the HC or OC. They never should of been hired and until they proves me wrong by winning it was a dumb move getting them. 
Being a fan of the team doesn’t mean I have to blindly route for coaches and players of a losing team that has a history of awful hirings and signings.

If they advance in the playoff the next three seasons are you still going to praise Gase like you still do Sanchez?

Only Parcells and Gase inherited a team this bad and made something of it, so, yeah, I'm impressed by Gase's first season.  And talk about the pressure-  opening 0-4, the media spewing hate, the fans overreacting, planes flying, threats against his family, the Miami talk churning, loses not one but two quarterbacks, loses 4/5 his OL, 18 players in total on IR......and Gase coaches his ass off and finishes 6-2. 

That's incredible under those exceptional circumstances.  What's more incredible?  Your hatred just blinded you to a Top 5 coaching performance in team history.  If you can't take pride in the second-half of the 2019 Jets season, you're no fan.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

It could happen. 

You could like your wife more, you could be attracted to your wife more, but if you stopped loving her when she gained 20 pounds you can't start loving her again when she loses them.

If your heart isn't with the Jets in the tough times you are depriving yourself of the joy in the good times.  

Rangers fan here, grew up on Long Island, the high school torture of the Islanders 4 Cups hit very hard.  I didn't make excuses.  I didn't hate on my coach.  I didn't shield my feelings by pulling back from my Rangers fandom.  Instead, I stayed the course, I was just as passionate, I didn't protect my feelings, I went all-in, I let the pain in.  And 10 years later, it was all worth it.  I was in the building when they won the Cup and you have no idea how good that felt.  Same thing is coming for the Jets.  Don't deprive yourself.  Go all-in. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Most fans had us at 5-11 or 6-10 perfectly healthy!

So we go 7-9 completely injured, 7-5 with Sam Darnold under center, and they're miserable why? 

Because they didn't want Gase and they need to hate Gase to justify their 'predictions', like that matters.

Yup, and it was his first year with a bottom feeder roster and lots of injuries including the starting QB. Some of the guys complaining about Gase are the same guys who made excuses year after year for past coaches with better rosters and worse records and not in their first year with the team. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Hopefully Darnold can become as smart as Peyton Manning because it’s the only time Gase won. 

Manning was a bum with a bad arm when Gase took over.  He resurrected his career by building an offense designed for the player he was at that time, not the player he was in the past.

Tannehill was a nobody when Gase took over.  Look at him today.

Darnold was a mess in a new system, coming off of mono, thrown to the wolves against the Patriots.  Gase took a broken kid and a broken offense and went on a 6-2 run where Sam was a Top 10 quarterback without a rushing game, without an OL, with XFL caliber receivers.

Happy Birthday, Adam.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yup, and it was his first year with a bottom feeder roster and lots of injuries including the starting QB. Some of the guys complaining about Gase are the same guys who made excuses year after year for past coaches with better rosters and worse records and not in their first year with the team. 

Precisely.

This was an amazing season.  I compare it favorably to 2015, and surely it ended on a better note, you have hope for a future now where in '15 you knew it was a fluke.  Backups and third stringers played well, showed we have nice depth.  Starters were flexible and helped coach up the young kids.  Our broken culture, fixed.  Our young QB, validated.  Our coaching staff, intact.

Is Gase a great HC?  The jury is still out.  But he's no bum and he deserves the admiration and respect of every Jets fan.

SAR I

The NY Jets, like all teams have three parts of the team, offense, defense and special teams.

None of these parts have much talent.

Offense bad oline, so so receivers.

Defense no Cbs at all, no edge rusher.

Special teams, let pro bowl the kicker and return guys walk.

Special teams ranked a combined 4th overall according to football insiders.

Defense was 7th in yards per game allowed.

Offense was dead stinking last.

Any success this team had last year was due to ST and Defense. 

I can only assume the people that love Gase are doing so because they loved the hire and do not want to admit they were horribly wrong.

Stats aside, one just had to watch the offense last year and its pedestrian approach.  The offense looked worse than offense lead by Bates or Morton or Gailey.

Gase is a 100% total fraud that never should have been hired in the 1st place with such a lousy resume.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The NY Jets, like all teams have three parts of the team, offense, defense and special teams.

None of these parts have much talent.

Offense bad oline, so so receivers.

Defense no Cbs at all, no edge rusher.

Special teams, let pro bowl the kicker and return guys walk.

Special teams ranked a combined 4th overall according to football insiders.

Defense was 7th in yards per game allowed.

Yes, the birthday boy inherited a bad Maccagnan roster and did his best with it, it's all he could do. 

Offense was dead stinking last.

Run the numbers for the last 8 games, thanks.

Gase is a 100% total fraud that never should have been hired in the 1st place with such a lousy resume.

7-5 with Darnold.  6-2 finish.  That's not fraudulent; that's a Top 5 coaching performance in team history.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I can only assume the people that love Gase are doing so because they loved the hire and do not want to admit they were horribly wrong.

Nope.  The people that hate Gase are doing so because they hated the hire and do not want to admit they were horribly wrong.

SAR I