Darnold's Best Game?

"Poll Title"  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is big dick Darnold's best game as a NY Jet so far?

• 280 Yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT in Win vs. Colts
    • 341 Yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs in Loss vs Packers
    • 293 Yds, 4 TDs, 1 INT in Win vs Redskins
    • 338 Yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT in Win vs Cowboys
    • 315 Yds, 3 TDs (2 Pass, 1 Rush), 0 INT in Win vs Raiders
    • Other

For me it's the Raiders Game or the Cowboys.  300+ yard performances, multiple TDs and, most importantly, both were wins.

I go with the Raiders just because of some of the throws he made in that game were incredible and the fact that he didn't turn the ball over once.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Texans game rookie year, hands down. We didn’t win; Watson and Hopkins had a hell of a two minute drill at the end. But Darnold made maybe three or four of the best throws of his career that game. He was poised and confident against a playoff team with a good defense.

Beat Claiborne like a drum.

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

my pick as well, but I was at that game so I might be biased. the packer game is up there too

The two best games I've been to in my 41 years as a season ticket holder for a young Jet QB. He went toe to toe with two top 5 QB's, and you could argue outplayed both.

• Upvote 1

Says a lot that he’s got so many gems to pick from with the trash teams that have been put around him. I honestly can’t remember a single game from Sanchez that was equivalent- meaning a game where you felt he was the best player on the field.

• Upvote 4

None of the above. Please include as a poll option the...

Detroit Lions. 

Became the youngest week 1 starting QB of All-Time. 

Responded after starting his career off with a pick 6 TD returned the other way as his first ever pass; Brett Favre esque and then went...

16/20 (.800%), 198 passing yards, 2 TD's/0 INT's and a QB Rating of over 120.0 - what a way to rebound after a disastrous start to an NFL career. 

Hell of a response and performance for the youngest QB of All-Time before heading into his 1st win (of many more to come). I'll never forget that game he showed me his heart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

He had a good, efficient game against Denver in 2018 as well.

You know, the more I think about it.....this kid has racked up more than just a handful of really good performances.  Not all of them wins (ex. Packers), but there's more than just a slight trend of him stringing some really good games together.  Given what he's been surrounded by in terms of OLine and "weapons" AND the fact he's been asked to play in two offensive systems in two years, I really think he might deserve more credit than he gets from both media and some fans.  Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He had a good, efficient game against Denver to 2018 as well.

You know, the more I think about it.....this kid has racked up more than just a handful of really good performances.  Not all of them wins (ex. Packers), but there's more than just a slight trend of him shrining some really good games together.  Given what he's been surrounded by in terms of OLine and "weapons" AND the fact he's been asked to play in two offensive systems in two years, I really think he might deserve more credit than he gets from both media and some fans.  Just my 2 cents.

I agree. The trouble with the great performances is he’s seemingly had an equal (or more) amount of dreadful ones. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt though, considering the subpar coaching and offensive players he’s been subjected to. 

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I agree. The trouble with the great performances is he’s seemingly had an equal (or more) amount of dreadful ones. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt though, considering the subpar coaching and offensive players he’s been subjected to. 

His worst games:

1. New England 2019 (Worst game I have ever seen a QB play)

2. @Miami2018

3. @Cleveland 2018

4. @Jacksonville 2018

5. @Jacksonville 2019

His best games 

1. Green Bay 2018

2. Houston 2018

3. Indianapolis 2018

4. Oakland 2019

5. Dallas 2019

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeJetson said:

His worst games:

2. @Miami2018

3. @Cleveland 2018

4. @Jacksonville 2018

5. @Jacksonville 2019

His best games 

1. Green Bay 2018

2. Houston 2018

3. Indianapolis 2018

4. Oakland 2019

5. Dallas 2019

No game will ever touch Sanchez vs the Cardinals in 2012.

Nothing.  

I witnessed that flaming garbage dump up close and in person.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GeorgeJetson said:

His worst games:

Come on man it was ugly, very ugly but he was only one game removed (Cowboys) from a mono illness/sickness that had his spleen in jeopardy with any football contact and could barely practice with his teammates and you're saying his 4 INT's was the worst you've ever seen a QB play?

Sanchez against Buffalo 5 INT's was just as bad and plenty others too. 

37 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

The Jets won that game. Darnolds NE game is one of the worst a QB ever played. He looked like a high schooler. 

Sanchez had 3 games with 4+ ints and his game against NE he went 8/21/136 yards 4 INTs QB Rating of 37.1 his gm vs Buffalo was even worse with 5 INTs QB Rating of 8.3! Fitzpatrick 6 was way worse as well. 

I agree his game is amongst the very worst was absolute crap but it's not a big deal because he responded awesome the next 5-6 games. 

2 hours ago, GeorgeJetson said:

The Jets won that game. Darnolds NE game is one of the worst a QB ever played. He looked like a high schooler. 

The Jets "won" that game because Ryan Lindley was just as bad and Greg McElroy came in.  There was absolutely nothing worse than that football game, if you even want to call it that.

As @Defense Wins Championships already said, there is also the Buffalo game from '09.  He had the number one defense, an absurd running game that day, and still managed to post a QB rating of 8.3.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Come on man it was ugly, very ugly but he was only one game removed (Cowboys) from a mono illness/sickness that had his spleen in jeopardy with any football contact and could barely practice with his teammates and you're saying his 4 INT's was the worst you've ever seen a QB play?

Sanchez against Buffalo 5 INT's was just as bad and plenty others too. 

Worst QB performances I have ever seen:

1. Brian Hoyer 5 picks versus Chiefs at home in the wildcard game 2015

2. Fitz 6 picks vs Chiefs in 2016

3. Mark Sanchez’s entire 2012 season

4. Matthew Stafford vs Jets 2018

5. Baker Mayfield vs 49ers in 2019

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Jets "won" that game because Ryan Lindley was just as bad and Greg McElroy came in.  There was absolutely nothing worse than that football game, if you even want to call it that.

As @Defense Wins Championships already said, there is also the Buffalo game from '09.  He had the number one defense and an absurd running game that day, and still managed to post a QB rating of 8.3.  

That game was two horribly inept offenses 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sanchez had 3 games with 4+ ints and his game against NE he went 8/21/136 yards 4 INTs QB Rating of 37.1 his gm vs Buffalo was even worse with 5 INTs QB Rating of 8.3! Fitzpatrick 6 was way worse as well. 

I agree his game is amongst the very worst was absolute crap but it's not a big deal because he responded awesome the next 5-6 games. 

The Tebow trade wrecked Sanchez in 2012.  He went from a struggling QB to a lame duck QB because he had the owner’s hero on the bench waiting to take his job

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Worst QB performances I have ever seen:

1. Brian Hoyer 5 picks versus Chiefs at home in the wildcard game 2015

2. Fitz 6 picks vs Chiefs in 2016

3. Mark Sanchez’s entire 2012 season

4. Matthew Stafford vs Jets 2018

5. Baker Mayfield vs 49ers in 2019

Don't forget Peyton Manning vs Jets  playoffs game either. 

QB Rating of 31.3 and a 0-41 playoff loss (2002, his 5th year in the league!). 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The Tebow trade wrecked Sanchez in 2012.  He went from a struggling QB to a lame duck QB because he had the owner’s hero on the bench waiting to take his job

Na. 2011 off-season ruined Sanchez as he lost both Edwards and Cotchery and replaced with aging and washed up D. Mason and Plaxico; and it was over from that point on and was destroyed before Tebow could distract him..