Woody Johnson makes headlines

He recently made comments that publicly implicated China from withholding information on COVID-19.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/us-ambassador-woody-johnson-blames-china-coronavirus-world-spared-without-beijing-cover-1494430%3famp=1

I really wish the Jets had an owner who would make headlines for something NFL related. It shouldn’t be a surprise that the Jets have been among the least successful franchises the past decade. Their owners focus has been elsewhere and his brother is not experienced enough to do the job. In a competitive league like the NFL in which owners make their franchises a singular focus, it’s tough to half ass it and be successful.

My hope is that Woody will comeback rejuvenated next year (got all of his political aspirations out of his system) and focus his energy on fixing the Jets.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3

19 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

He recently made comments that publicly implicated China from withholding information on COVID-19.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/us-ambassador-woody-johnson-blames-china-coronavirus-world-spared-without-beijing-cover-1494430%3famp=1

I really wish the Jets had an owner who would make headlines for something NFL related. It shouldn’t be a surprise that the Jets have been among the least successful franchises the past decade. Their owners focus has been elsewhere and his brother is not experienced enough to do the job. In a competitive league like the NFL in which owners make their franchises a singular focus, it’s tough to half ass it and be successful.

My hope is that Woody will comeback rejuvenated next year (got all of his political aspirations out of his system) and focus his energy on fixing the Jets.

He has nothing to do with the team right now

I wish some fans would find something that's actually relevant to the team to troll over

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He literally owns the team.

He co-owns the team with his brother but his brother is the managing owner. How they will do things when Woody is no longer Ambassador to Ireland we don’t know but right now he has no participation in the day to day running of the team.

2 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

He co-owns the team with his brother but his brother is the managing owner. How they will do things when Woody is no longer Ambassador to Ireland we don’t know but right now he has no participation in the day to day running of the team.

You know this how?

Woody Johnson issuing a statement like this is plan non sense and to me serves no purpose whatsoever To have people being infected and dying at rates heretofore unseen in our lifetime and Woody pointing fingers is just dumb. Let’s get this thing under control as there will be plenty of time for reflection and finger pointing as to what mistakes were made in handling this epidemic.  Haven’t heard that the Johnson & Johnson company  is donating or doing anything at all to stop this spread so Woody step up to the plate and do something with your vast inherited wealth 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

.he's

46 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

He's right , $#%^ China.

• Upvote 3