48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

#11 Tristan Wirfs or CeeDee Lamb or Henry Ruggs

#17 Justin Jefferson or Josh Jones or Denzel Mims

#48 CB

In this scenario I'm going...

#11 Wirfs, Wills, Jeudy or Ruggs

#17 Chaisson, Jefferson, Mims or CJ Henderson

#48 Josh Jones, Niang, Wanogho, Higgins, Aiyuk, Reagor

Ideally, we'd leave with something like Jeudy, Chaisson, and Jones....high quality prospects at the Jets 3 biggest need positions.

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

kinda got used to safeties and defensive tackles, but a change would be nice

any chance of ever getting ANYBODY to rush the passer?

Remember before last year’s draft everyone saying Allen was just running around linemen and didn’t show “moves”

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Tackle then OG/OC the WR, WR.

It’s a deep draft at WR so get OT first since the drop off is so big then get a top 3 OG/OC and they’ll still be a ton of talent at WR. 

It may be a deep WR draft, but if 7 go in the first round like some are projecting it’s going to be slim pickings by round 3.

• Upvote 1

Pick Juedy (I want a guy that knows how to get open, entire route tree with great hands who is always where he's supposed to be), basically Sam Darnolds binkie when they get on the same page.

Trade UP for Josh Jones using one of our 3rds. Pick Pittman with our other 3rd. Take a CB at #4 & Anthony MacFarland with our #5.

Jeudy- Jones- Pittman- CB- MacFarland

Thats a damn good start to JDs time here.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

In this scenario I'm going...

#11 Wirfs, Wills, Jeudy or Ruggs

#17 Chaisson, Jefferson, Mims or CJ Henderson

#48 Josh Jones, Niang, Wanogho, Higgins, Aiyuk, Reagor

Ideally, we'd leave with something like Jeudy, Chaisson, and Jones....high quality prospects at the Jets 3 biggest need positions.

The more I read about Chiasson, the less I want to draft him. Came to football late, stuck with it for the scholarship, still learning the game, and now he can’t work out and prove that he’s this elite athlete that he’s alleged to be. Too risky for me.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The more I read about Chiasson, the less I want to draft him. Came to football late, stuck with it for the scholarship, still learning the game, and now he can’t work out and prove that he’s this elite athlete that he’s alleged to be. Too risky for me.

Good point.  I might be too desperate to try to find an Edge rusher in the first 2-3 rounds and if Chiasson can't validate his capabilities with an in-person Pro Day then I agree, the risk is high.

What's a realistic approach to getting an OT, WR and Edge rusher in the first 2-3 rounds (without trading away Adams :D )?  I think a trade down could be the preferred approach now to get another pick in Round 2.  I'd like to see a guy like Baun, Uche or Willekes end up as a Jets when all is said and done.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

sounds like a lock for the Jets to draft him then

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Remember before last year’s draft everyone saying Allen was just running around linemen and didn’t show “moves”

We had our guy staring us in the face.  The best pass rushing prospect we actually could draft since Abraham and he takes another DT.  Truly you can't make this stuff up.  And even if Williams becomes a good player, which I hope he does, we still should have taken Allen because he probably going to get better as well.  

• Upvote 1

Even though OT may still be Jets most important positional need.  For me...Jeudy is the most important player for Jets at #11. 

If Jeudy is picked because none of the top 4 tackles is on the board.  Or JD doesn't value the OT remaining high enough to pick here.

Then maybe there's Austin Jackson; Ezra Cleveland; Josh Jones; Prince Tega Wanogho; or Isaiah Wilson...that can be a solid fit into the wide splits and zone blocking scheme Jets want to implement. 

OT, then WR.

But like everyone else said, depends on who is available. 

Bottom line for me is: we have to protect Darnold and we don't have the OT currently on the roster to do that. I don't have much confidence in Fant or Edoga as future OTs. So if Thomas or Wills or Wirfs is there or if the Jets are okay with gambling on Becton or if they feel like Jones is 'their guy'- then take the OT and don't look back. You are making a decision to protect your most valuable asset- your Franchise QB. Not to mention this is a deep WR draft and you could get a stud WR in Rd. 2 (even if he isn't one of the top 5 guys or a traditional #1 WR).