Chad Reuter mock on NFL.com

jamesr

How would everyone react if this was how our draft panned out? :D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107680/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

To summarize:

Rd 1 - with Simmons, Jeudy, Lamb and Wills on the board - we trade down with Atlanta (who take Simmons) and we draft Chaisson. We pick up a 3rd and a 5th

Rd 2 - we pick a DT ... :shock:

Rd 3 - finally a WR ... Jalen Reagor

Rd 3 - with the extra pick from the Falcons we pick ... a SAFETY. (Winfield Jr)

Rd 3 - finally some OL help, an OT (Ben Bartch)

Rd 4 - a DE (Raekwon Davis)

I think if this happened this board would implode. A pass-rusher with "potential", a DT, a DE and a S ... I like the WR pick, but otherwise urgh.

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't understand how these guys pass themselves off as experts in these matters. Maybe he thinks Mac is still GM?

Most of these guys don’t follow all of the teams closely, they are kind of tone deaf to the true needs and drafting history of a particular team.  

• Upvote 2

I mean, I get the whole "we need a pass rusher" ... but picking 4 spots on defense vs 2 on offense, especially spots we're loaded at? 

And this goes on nfl.com, it's not like this is some guy on his own blog or message board.

• Sympathy 1

I just saw this on NFL.com and came running over here to see if anyone has posted it.  This guy is supposedly one of the lead draft gurus on NFL.com?!?!?

He should lose his job for this mock.

I would riot if the Jets traded back, had 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and three of those picks were used on DT, DE and a Safety.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Most of these guys don’t follow all of the teams closely, they are kind of tone deaf to the true needs and drafting history of a particular team.  

i tried to call out Chad on twitter on this one.... like, homie puhlease... a DT in the 2nd round? Have you slept through the last 10 years of Jets drafting?

If we draft a DT at all really, but definitely before day 3, i'll see you guys when Joe Douglas is fcking out. 

• Sympathy 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:17 AM, jamesr said:

How would everyone react if this was how our draft panned out? :D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107680/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

To summarize:

Rd 1 - with Simmons, Jeudy, Lamb and Wills on the board - we trade down with Atlanta (who take Simmons) and we draft Chaisson. We pick up a 3rd and a 5th

Rd 2 - we pick a DT ... :shock:

Rd 3 - finally a WR ... Jalen Reagor

Rd 3 - with the extra pick from the Falcons we pick ... a SAFETY. (Winfield Jr)

Rd 3 - finally some OL help, an OT (Ben Bartch)

Rd 4 - a DE (Raekwon Davis)

I think if this happened this board would implode. A pass-rusher with "potential", a DT, a DE and a S ... I like the WR pick, but otherwise urgh.

I want to see Larry Davids mock draft