***Jets Vs Dolphins Monday Night Miracle 10/23/2000 Game Thread ***

18 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

This on TV or YouTube?

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

YouTube.  I thought it would be a live feed of it(started right at 8), but it is not.  It's just a link to watch the game at YouTube, but you start from the beginning anytime you want.

• Upvote 1

I was stationed in Ramstein Germany back then, and the game started 2:00 am local time. I stayed up for the whole thing, pulled an all-nighter, and was so pumped for work the next day after the comeback. I considered going to bed once or twice, stuck it out because it was one of my few opportunities to see the Jets on TV back then being in Germany. So happy I did, and I still have the VHS tape of the game. Not quite as exciting as the 51-45 Miami game IMHO but pretty awesome nonetheless. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

YouTube.  I thought it would be a live feed of it(started right at 8), but it is not.  It's just a link to watch the game at YouTube, but you start from the beginning anytime you want.

Yeah, idk why I thought it would be a live feed too lol. Would have been cool to have some newer added graphics on the screen. 

****! Leslie Sheppard must scored! Lol

Just now, JTJet said:

Yeah, idk why I thought it would be a live feed too lol. Would have been cool to have some newer added graphics on the screen. 

****! Leslie Sheppard must scored! 

So many names where I'm like, holy cow, yeah I remember him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, shevys said:

I was stationed in Ramstein Germany back then, and the game started 2:00 am local time. I stayed up for the whole thing, pulled an all-nighter, and was so pumped for work the next day after the comeback. I considered going to bed once or twice, stuck it out because it was one of my few opportunities to see the Jets on TV back then being in Germany. So happy I did, and I still have the VHS tape of the game. Not quite as exciting as the 51-45 Miami game IMHO but pretty awesome nonetheless. 

Cheers. 

I was stationed at Aviano, Italy at the exact same time, exact same experience lol. Called my dad when they won and woke him up in Indiana... (ahhhhhh the days of the ol awkward phone relay delays, calling off of calling cards lol)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I watched that game at Cheetah 3 in pompano (a dolphin fan stripclub). I always wore Jet shirts and ran my mouth about the Jets owning the Dolphins during that amazing stretch. When I walked in wearing a Klecko jersey the DJ announced me and I got a bunch of boos. By half time I was getting sh*t from everyone, third quarter was even worse but in the forth quarter everything changed. By the end I was standing on my chair cheering. One of the best games ever. 

It's really worrisome you spent 4 hours at a strip club. How much money did you dish out? ?

• Sympathy 1

Funny thing I just watched this game in full last October. Exhilarating! What a f****** ending!

Here's an even funnier thing.. I watched the game in full... live on TV with my bass player and a girl that I was dating at the time. Cool people...

Funniest thing.. I hooked back up with her 20 years later and I just left her house. We had a nice dinner watched a movie,  all is well.  Funny how things work out sometimes.

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I was a GM of another stripclub in the area and Cheetah was our Sunday hangout. I spent a lot there. 

Props sir. 

If I were the GM of a strip club, I would have went into debt, had 4 kids, and a few cases of the clap. 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Props sir. 

If I were the GM of a strip club, I would have went into debt, had 4 kids, and a few cases of the clap. 

I was making around $150k a year mostly cash and got “everything” for free at my own club so debt wasn’t the problem. Pissing away money outside of the club and not saving any is another story. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I was making around $150k a year mostly cash and got “everything” for free at my own club so debt wasn’t the problem. Pissing away money outside of the club and not saving any is another story. 

I once went to a strip club in Tampa that had a UFO on the top of the building. One of the 73 best days of my life. 

12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I once went to a strip club in Tampa that had a UFO on the top of the building. One of the 73 best days of my life. 

Mons Venus. That was one of the raunchy clubs back in the day. Unfortunately Tampa cracked down on everything and cleaned the clubs up. 

It was actually Odyssey, Mons Venus was legendary though. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Mons Venus. That was one of the raunchy clubs back in the day. Unfortunately Tampa cracked down on everything and cleaned the clubs up. 

Sounds right I think, it was many moons ago. It was next to a seedy run down Howard Johnson motel I had to stay at during a work trip for 6 weeks lol. 

Didnt want to be in the nasty motel room, so spent each night in the club lol. 

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So there was a titty/fins bar in pompano beach? 

Where was it

Cheetah 3 of pompano right near the turnpike. They play all the big sports and fin games. Diamond Dolls down the road is a good place for Giant fans. The Sunday manager Joe is a huge Giants, Yankees, Knicks and Kiss fan so they play the games at the front bar. 

• Upvote 1