ESPN NFL Power Ranking-Jets #26

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

26. New York Jets

Way-too-early ranking: 25rd-arrow.png

Three words: Better draft well. General manager Joe Douglas, in his first offseason with the Jets, is patching holes with short-term fixes. Only three of their eight new players received multiyear contracts. Of the three, only one (center Connor McGovern) has security beyond 2020. This puts the pressure on Douglas to draft well. Patching is OK, but the team still needs long-term solutions at wide receiver, offensive tackle, cornerback and outside linebacker. The Jets always seem to be in a perpetual state of rebuilding. It's painful for the fan base, but Douglas deserves a fair chance to do it his way.-- Rich Cimini

• Upvote 4

If you click through, you'll see that the bottom teams are very closely aligned with the draft order.  This is just lazy journalism.  

32. Bengals

31. Redskins

30. Lions

29. Giants

28. Jaguars

27. Panthers

26. Dolphins 

25. Jets

24. Chargers

23. Cardinals

22. Browns

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If you click through, you'll see that the bottom teams are very closely aligned with the draft order.  This is just lazy journalism.  

32. Bengals

31. Redskins

30. Lions

29. Giants

28. Jaguars

27. Panthers

26. Dolphins 

25. Jets

24. Chargers

23. Cardinals

22. Browns

Those teams are picking early for a reason.

56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The Jets will have the 3rd best record in the AFC, so I’d say by the time of the final rankings in Week 17 we will move from #26 to #7.   

It’s all good right now.  The best jets fly under the radar.  The best teams find motivation from disrespect.  

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets will have the 3rd best record in the AFC, so I’d say by the time of the final rankings in Week 17 we will move from #26 to #7.   

It’s all good right now.  The best jets fly under the radar.  The best teams find motivation from disrespect.  

SAR I

Exactly what i was thinking. 

• Upvote 1