Red Dawn Mafia Sign Ups (14p)

15 minutes ago, Drums said:

Can anyone explain the Janitor a bit more?

"Janitor - At Night may choose to "clean up" another player. If that player dies in the same Night no role or alignment information will be given to the Town the following Day. That information will be given directly to the Janitor instead."

It’s a role where the Mafia can kill someone and the role/alignment isn’t revealed in the death scene.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Verbal said:

If you have a Janitor that can use their role every night and then the info is NOT released upon their death, it (IMO) becomes horribly unbalanced in favor of scum.

I thought the same thing initially but there’s really only 1 PR that isn’t self resolving that they could Janitor and claim “safely”

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

That's what I'm hoping for. I had a lot of trouble with the rattlesnake game because if I would step away for a few hours there would be like 4 new pages.

Yeah that game was impossible until people started dying. Just insane.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Verbal said:

@Nolder

IN, but pending 2 things, honestly:

1.  How you treat the Janitor role, and

2.  Whether Zander plays.

Love Z, but I can't keep up with him spamming the thread, and it'll cause other potentially super-high posters (like AJ) to spike up their activity to match and then the thread is practically unreadable.

Don’t be a bitch. Play!!

• Upvote 1

80 was #14 :P

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Maybe @BUM-KNEE might be interested again. Who are the other guys that are part of my rookie class that took a break last two games? 

I think this one being smaller might be easier for all of us to keep up with.

32EBoozer, kdels62 

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I thought the same thing initially but there’s really only 1 PR that isn’t self resolving that they could Janitor and claim “safely”

If he doesn't release alignment, though, town would never know if they lynched scum or not.  That role would be awful.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Don’t be a bitch. Play!!

Not if it becomes a chore to slog through a spammy thread.  Sorry, that's not fun for me, and I only play this game for fun.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

If he doesn't release alignment, though, town would never know if they lynched scum or not.  That role would be awful.

Not if it becomes a chore to slog through a spammy thread.  Sorry, that's not fun for me, and I only play this game for fun.

You are a very complicated fluid individual and I respect that. Please allow me to recant my former comment.,

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I assumed it would only work on the scum NKs, so with a Vig and the Town getting info from lynches wouldn't be that terrible of a gig. It only gets tricky when it comes to late game PR claims.

Janitor - At Night may choose to "clean up" another player. If that player dies in the same Night no role or alignment information will be given to the Town the following Day. That information will be given directly to the Janitor instead. (Visits)

FWIW Z hasn't responded on DM and the game is already filled! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

If you have a Janitor that can use their role every night and then the info is NOT released upon their death, it (IMO) becomes horribly unbalanced in favor of scum.

Mmm ok ok.

I like the idea of not restricting the number of shots like most games do but what do you think would be better? Making it a 1x Jan or releasing the info after he dies?

@Nolder

Love Z, but I can't keep up with him spamming the thread, and it'll cause other potentially super-high posters (like AJ) to spike up their activity to match and then the thread is practically unreadable.

1) addressing that now before starting the game, this is the reason I'm doing open setups now.

2) Lolololololol....well it depends who signs up and when I guess. He wanted to play like a month ago or something and I told him I'd let him know if we were playing and we've played like 3 games without him. If the game fills before he signs up I guess it is what it is idk. I understand if you'd prefer to sit out in that case though.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also what is Wolverine?

Flavor. It's just Vanilla Town. Villager. No power just vote.

Edit: All Town all Wolverines, even the Power Roles. It's just the Power Roles have something extra they do.

• Upvote 1

@Nolder

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I'm with Verb here my little Noldy nold

Last person to join before it filled was 80

Verb didn't even make the cut...

Damn...should have made a bigger setup.

Well. Hmmm. Ok so I technically have a 20 player setup ready to go as well. But it is a closed setup game. I ran it once on DM and it went smooth as silk and no one here has played it before and the archives of the game are gone so no one could even look it up if they wanted to. I can run the game 14 people signed up for or we can add 6 more but you'll all have to trust me that it's going to be fun without knowing what's in it. I'm not even sure if we could get 6 more but it seems like 2 or 3 people are definitely being left out.

IDK

Some more feedback is needed please.

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I'm also going to have to watch this movie ASAP because I haven't seen it (and I f'n love 80s movies, The Lost Boys, Last Dragon, some of my favorite movies)

Honestly? I did fall asleep at one point but woke back up for the good parts. It was a pretty good movie, not one of the greats imo like Goonies or Gremlins but it holds it's own. There is also a 2012 remake which I haven't seen.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Can anyone explain the Janitor a bit more?

"Janitor - At Night may choose to "clean up" another player. If that player dies in the same Night no role or alignment information will be given to the Town the following Day. That information will be given directly to the Janitor instead."

Basically it's a mafia role that restricts the information town gets.

So let's say you are the Cop Drums and the Janitor uses his power at night and kills you.

The next day Town is NORMALLY told "Drums was killed, he was the Town Cop".

Because of the Janitor Town is only told "Drums was killed."

It doesn't sound like much but it can be horribly disorienting to town and make it very hard to case.

5 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Damn...should have made a bigger setup.

Well. Hmmm. Ok so I technically have a 20 player setup ready to go as well. But it is a closed setup game. I ran it once on DM and it went smooth as silk and no one here has played it before and the archives of the game are gone so no one could even look it up if they wanted to. I can run the game 14 people signed up for or we can add 6 more but you'll all have to trust me that it's going to be fun without knowing what's in it. I'm not even sure if we could get 6 more but it seems like 2 or 3 people are definitely being left out.

IDK

Some more feedback is needed please.

I'm good with 14

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I assumed it would only work on the scum NKs, so with a Vig and the Town getting info from lynches wouldn't be that terrible of a gig. It only gets tricky when it comes to late game PR claims.

The way I was going to do it it would be able to be used on a player killed by Vig but I think I'm going to change that now because the way you're describing is the way the role traditionally works anyway.