Sign in to follow this  
PepPep

Why OT needs to be the pick at 11. Fant and Edoga may not be the guys.

I actually think Fant could make a decent RT. Not a definite by any stretch, but he does flash at times. Edoga, I'm not so high on but has also had some moments. If it's a competition at RT from those two and one of the more polished LTs from this draft, then I'd have to be pretty satisfied with JD's efforts to makeover the o-line in year 1. 

• Upvote 1

Soet of a "rough demo " approach to building our line if those guys are pencilled in as starters already.  I'm fine with taking Jeudy at number one though.

THE ORDER OF PRIORITY IS: 

OFFENSIVE LINE,  CORNERBACK , EDGE/ RUSH LB,  WIDE RECEIVER!!!!

Its not even debatable. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a damn fool!!

If you don't believe me, just take a look at Cleveland!! Now there's a perfect example of how you DON'T DO IT! The Browns loaded up with weapons and somehow they're drafting before we are!?

OBJ CANT help your team when you have NO f****** O-LINE!  NO PASS RUSH and NO CORNERBACKS!!°°°°

DUH!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Haha 1

Well Fant and Edoga May not be the guys. But we sure as hell know we don’t have guys at wr. Draft wr at 11

#wrat11

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I think the jets pick an OT, WR, CB, EDGE in that order. 4 picks within the top 79, all could and hopefully will be huge additions for the 2020 team and beyond. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, adb280z said:

WR needs to be the pick at 11, Crowder, Perriman and Doctson may not be the guys.  Get a plug and play WR in this draft at all costs.  Get one in round 1.  Plenty of OTs to get one in rd 2 or 3.

V. Smith and Berrios showed last season the can be decent WRs. We can draft a good one in round 2. Until Sam stays off his back it won't matter who his wide receivers are.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

THE ORDER OF PRIORITY IS: 

OFFENSIVE LINE,  CORNERBACK , EDGE/ RUSH LB,  WIDE RECEIVER!!!!

They are all needs but considering the depth of talent in this years draft I'd put the order

1st - OT (if JD thinks who's available at 11 is worth it) if not WR

2nd - WR (OT if WR was 1st pick)

3rd - best OL or WR

3rd - best WR/CB/Edge

4th - best WR/CB/Edge

Next year the priority switches to CB and edge in both FA and the draft.

• Post of the Week 1

Looks like he's gotten better with experience but yeah, I don't feel comfortable with him as a starter right now.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Because we don't have one. 

Right now we have Fant and Edoga as our only OTs.  I have ZERO faith in either one of these guys as future starters. Which is why I'm not surprised JD signed Fant to a contract with an out in a year. 

Here's a film breakdown of Fant. He is FAR from a finished product.

Get a plug and play OT in THIS draft at all costs. Get one in Rd. 1. Trade up a few spots if that's what it takes to get 'your guy'. Let the guys compete. 

Plenty of WRs to get one in Rd. 2 or 3. 

That is all. 

Seems like they paid fant to start, but who knows 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

Looks like he's gotten better with experience but yeah, I don't feel comfortable with him as a starter right now.

Pretty amazing he was able to step into the tackle position for the first time in the NFL and earn himself a decent free agent contract. I am concerned with relying on him as a starter too.

• Upvote 1

Not only do I think that OT will be picked at #11, I think we will pick an OT at #11 even if the four top guys are already gone.  

I believe that there is a 5th player that may be good enough to pick at that number, and his name is Josh Jones from Houston.  6'5" and 319 pounds.

Let me put it this way; if the Jets don't take him at #11, someone will get him way before the first round is over.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Sign Peters and Beachum 

draft Jeudy at 11

draft best OL 2,3,3

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Because we don't have one. 

Right now we have Fant and Edoga as our only OTs.  I have ZERO faith in either one of these guys as future starters. Which is why I'm not surprised JD signed Fant to a contract with an out in a year. 

Here's a film breakdown of Fant. He is FAR from a finished product.

Get a plug and play OT in THIS draft at all costs. Get one in Rd. 1. Trade up a few spots if that's what it takes to get 'your guy'. Let the guys compete. 

Plenty of WRs to get one in Rd. 2 or 3. 

That is all. 

I want a LT as bad as anyone but we absolutely  do not trade up. If anything you trade back for more picks and takes Jones or Jackson. Screw this burning through draft capital  BS

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Agree 100%.

But many on this site prefer to take a wr in the 1st round .

That’s false. I’m tired of this absolutism

its possible to explore the topic of “what if we have to take a WR” — while still emphatically preferring a tackle. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

V. Smith and Berrios showed last season the can be decent WRs. We can draft a good one in round 2. Until Sam stays off his back it won't matter who his wide receivers are.

No they really didnt prove they could be anything, never mind decent.  

6 receptions for Berrios doesn't prove he can do anything other than STs

And 17 is hardly better for V Smith

Maybe down the road but to be counted on this season? No

• Upvote 2

Free agency and cost of a trade shows what the most difficult position to fill is. Left tackle.  That should be our first pick in my opinion. It doesn’t have to be the best left tackle, but a first round rated left tackle.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Free agency and cost of a trade shows what the most difficult position to fill is. Left tackle.  That should be our first pick in my opinion. It doesn’t have to be the best left tackle, but a first round rated left tackle.

How about you just volunteer the guy in your avatar to the team!  (No, not the small one) :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Actually there are plenty of WR in rounds 2,3,4,5.

If one of the top 4 ots are there you have to take one.

Serious question - What if Douglas likes Lucas Niang or Josh Jones better than someone like Andrew Thomas or Mekhi Becton?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Agree 100%. I actually think JD is thinking he has just added appropriate depth to our line to add starter competition. I bet he drafts atleast 2 more.

Do you really believe Joe D paid his first free agent signing 8.5 mil to be depth?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's a good breakdown of Fants play but it's from his rookie year when he was an UDFA who played TE in college and never played LT and was in because the 1st and 2nd string LT's went down. I'd like to see a more current breakdown.

FYI, I still want an OT at #11 but I think Fant will be solid for us at LT. 

I couldn't find a recent breakdown other than what Baldinger posted but I did watch Fant vs. Myes Garrett from last season. You only get the highlights here but Fant held his own.

• Upvote 2