NY Jets: 3 trade packages for pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I wonder what Greg Williams' thoughts are regarding Yannic? We will most likely be spending our 1st three or 4 picks on the offensive side of ball! Williams may be pushing hard for this type of player. If he had a player bringing that pressure off the edge, GW could get creative with his coverages.

In this era where players are almost guaranteed to get injured, it may be better to get a few decent players for the cost of an above average one.

I'm not interested in paying that much draft capital and paying him Mack money. I like, don't love Yannick. If we are going to spend draft capital I would rather trade for Trent, as he at least opens up our possibilities better at the top of the draft. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Incentives brother. Keep em’ hungry. Some might get a big fat payday and cruise through it. 

Sounds so easy but the guy will take the offer that's best for him. If someone offers more guaranteed, you lose.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Sounds so easy but the guy will take the offer that's best for him. If someone offers more guaranteed, you lose.

I’m not sure if that’s JD’s style. We’ll see if he pulls the trigger on a big payday.

3 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I’m not sure if that’s JD’s style. We’ll see if he pulls the trigger on a big payday.

You definitely won’t get any elite FAs without elite FA money. Not saying that JD should go for that, but this world where we can sign elite talent for deals with a one year out does not exist.