Prospect Preview: Denzel Mims

1. Trade down into the late teens or early 20's, get another team's 2nd round pick.

2. Take either Justin Jefferson or Denzel Mims in the 1st.

3. Use the two 2nd round picks to move up and get in a position to take an OT like Josh Jones.

I'd be happy getting out of the first two rounds with something like WR Mims and OT Jones.  My preference is instead of having the #11 and #48 to have something like the 19 or 20 and then a pick in the low/mid 30's.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Only in a reverse alphabetical listing . 

meh, in a world where youtube highlights and gifs don't exist, Mims and Jefferson have outplayed Lamb on almost every angle.  All 3 are playmakers and will probably have good careers - but anyone who thinks Lamb is a "safer" bet - is wrong IMO

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

meh, in a world where youtube highlights and gifs don't exist, Mims and Jefferson have outplayed Lamb on almost every angle.  All 3 are playmakers and will probably have good careers - but anyone who thinks Lamb is a "safer" bet - is wrong IMO

Say we trade down (because I dont think you take jefferson or mims at this point at 11). Youre on the board in the late teens, OT's arent fitting the bill at the slot

Youre between Jefferson and Mims.. Who are you taking?

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

not that i don't appreciate the hard work that goes into creating this content -- but if our site writers think Denzel is still hanging around at #48, much less the 2nd round altogether.... well, that's not accurate. 

i like the rationale.. i waffle back and forth on the two every time i go back and watch film on one i like them more than the other until i go back and watch film on the other.. Honestly it really just comes down to like you said what kind of receiver youre looking for. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I would bet that at least a few if not more GMs have as high or higher grade on Mims than they do Lamb.  

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I would bet that at least a few if not more GMs have as high or higher grade on Mims than they do Lamb.  

I think lamb could drop and could go right around where Mims and Jefferson go.  I don’t see douglas taking lamb over the other two wrs.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I would hope so, too. 

I'm a GM, i'm going to drill my talent evaluators and scouts as to why they think he'll be fine in press. What they've seen to suggest he can develop as a route runner, etc.... I don't need them to confirm Lamb is a demon with the ball in his hands... and you have to think the answers to those questions will favor Mims, who's shown more within the technical framework of the position.

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Quote:

his route-running ability and hands are still causes for concern. He dropped a whopping 13% of his catchable targets over the last two years, and a lot of his production was built upon vertical routes.

Some Gms draft the combine and some draft the games .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Getting nervous? I can send you my paypal account now. ? 

WIthout watching them, I like Mims much better than Lamb.  Watching the highlight reels in this thread my thoughts were different.  For Lamb I wondered why nobody could tackle him.  When watching Mims I wondered why everyone was so close to him.  Watch it again and I see the gimmicky nature of the Oklahoma offense and thing it's always tough to tell anything from highlight reels.

9 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Quote:

his route-running ability and hands are still causes for concern. He dropped a whopping 13% of his catchable targets over the last two years, and a lot of his production was built upon vertical routes.

Some Gms draft the combine and some draft the games .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That's why Juedy should be our pick. Star out of the gate. 

• Upvote 1