Jets sign backup QB David Fales

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Darnold and Fales are tight, so it makes sense. That said, Gase has no excuse if/when Darnold goes down if Fales is the real #2 guy. They need a better option than him. Personally, I think they’ll draft a QB as high as the fourth round as insurance in case Darnold goes Full Trubisky.

I agree QB is in play but earlier than most are thinking, especially with no depth chart and Douglas not having brought in his guy, but I have no idea who the hell it would be in this draft class. Hurts is the only one I could see day 2, maybe Fromm since Gase likes noodle armed guys. Maybe Morgan day 3.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Darnold and Fales are tight, so it makes sense. That said, Gase has no excuse if/when Darnold goes down if Fales is the real #2 guy. They need a better option than him. Personally, I think they’ll draft a QB as high as the fourth round as insurance in case Darnold goes Full Trubisky.

The GM, HC, and QB all have the same agent. Anyone who thinks the Jets are operating in good faith (goal being to win) then you have your head in the sand. David Fales as the backup is a joke.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I think this has more to do with the fact of him knowing the playbook and a possible safe bet if there is a long time before they can practice or if it is at the very least a portion of normal amount of practices. 

just a gut feeling there. 

"knowing the playbook"

Give me a break with this. Jets fans are getting PLAYED.This is purely a leverage play by CAA who clearly has its tentacles fully into this organization. Besides Darnold's performance to date, he hasnt been able to play a full season. David Fales is a borderline NFL player at best. If Darnold gets hurt they'll end up signing someone off the street (whoever that hump was last season) and the excuse train begins again. Gase is good at looking like he's this 24/7 #footballman, but Manish had the comment of the decade from Gase here "I'm rich as f*** already" The 3 of them are attached to the biggest agency in sports and they're going to ride the Johnson train for all its worth. Darnold getting the max from the Jets is already a foregone conclusion.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Glad he knows Sam. Glad he knows our system. Jets won't get a stinking 1st down if this guy comes in. He brings the same plays to the table but he's 10 times worse at them. We won't surprise anyone. Need a change of pace QB with a different package so opposing defenses won't tee off on our backup.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, derp said:

I agree QB is in play but earlier than most are thinking, especially with no depth chart and Douglas not having brought in his guy, but I have no idea who the hell it would be in this draft class. Hurts is the only one I could see day 2, maybe Fromm since Gase likes noodle armed guys. Maybe Morgan day 3.

Hurts would be intriguing, but I’d imagine, based on the history, that Gase will want a big, tall stiff in the Luke Falk mold. I haven’t looked at the QBs in this draft, but which one has a 38 Wonderlic and runs a 5.8 40?

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The GM, HC, and QB all have the same agent. Anyone who thinks the Jets are operating in good faith (goal being to win) then you have your head in the sand. David Fales as the backup is a joke.

Good catch, and Jesus. On the plus side, if they’re giving Fales a quid pro quo deal, it likely means he’s not here on merit, so maybe there’s another move coming to get an NFL caliber backup.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I would have liked to see them sign a veteran to help Sam's development.   But maybe this is a minimum type deal and they still plan to bring in someone else.

Most veteran FA QB's still available are available for a good reason as most leftovers are awful QB's to begin with and wouldn't help him at all but instead could hurt him; because they themselves are trash. 

Don't get mono again and we're set @ QB for a long time and if he gets injured we're fkd regardless if whoever the jag veteran is. 

• Upvote 2