Jets sign backup QB David Fales

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

What an absolute joke. Seriously. Unless they like someone in the draft, this is dog sh*t.

Darnold hires Gase. Gase hires Douglas.

—————————————————————

Sexton   

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

What an absolute joke. Seriously. Unless they like someone in the draft, this is dog sh*t.

Only way to defend this move is that OTAs likely will be cancelled and the preseason shortened to 2 games 

Not enough time to teach a backup qb a new playbook not that Gase likes doing that anyway

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I would have liked to see them sign a veteran to help Sam's development.   But maybe this is a minimum type deal and they still plan to bring in someone else.

Imo ffs sake w Darnold’s development...He’s either got it or doesn’t. No more excuses...to a degree pending surrounding players around him this yr

• Upvote 1

First bad move of the off season. No reason to get a guy who got the chance and completely  sucked. He can't step in and win a game, manage a game or just not lose a game.

We saw this kid, the 1 man in the world  that knew Gase system and was perfect for us. 

Terrible. As high as in was about Joe d bringing in guys, this move is questionable  and makes me wonder the thought process.  It sure how you justify the roster spot. 

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

First bad move of the off season. No reason to get a guy who got the chance and completely  sucked. He can't step in and win a game, manage a game or just not lose a game.

We saw this kid, the 1 man in the world  that knew Gase system and was perfect for us. 

Terrible. As high as in was about Joe d bringing in guys, this move is questionable  and makes me wonder the thought process.  It sure how you justify the roster spot. 

Im sure it's for the league minimum and very little, if any, guaranteed money. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Darnold and Fales are tight, so it makes sense. That said, Gase has no excuse if/when Darnold goes down if Fales is the real #2 guy. They need a better option than him. Personally, I think they’ll draft a QB as high as the fourth round as insurance in case Darnold goes Full Trubisky.

I suppose if that makes him happy I’m good with it. However this team has a ton of needs and if he’s active game day then JD didn’t do his job. In the building - fine. I’d rather not blow a 2nd day pick on a quarterback. I personally think no way he goes Trubisky- but that’s me. Sign Matt Moore or Flaco and hope Sam stays healthy.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Coaches can do that. 

They can, but a player's voice is a different perspective and if Gase is the coach you are referencing, I think Sam would benefit from a veteran QB in his ear too.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Imo ffs sake w Darnold’s development...He’s either got it or doesn’t. No more excuses...to a degree pending surrounding players around him this yr

Yes, his development.  Agree, he needs to take a giant step forward this year regardless - but he will continue to develop just like every other QB - good ones, mediocre ones, great ones... the first 4 years are critical.

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Most veteran FA QB's still available are available for a good reason as most leftovers are awful QB's to begin with and wouldn't help him at all but instead could hurt him; because they themselves are trash. 

Don't get mono again and we're set @ QB for a long time and if he gets injured we're fkd regardless if whoever the jag veteran is. 

I reject your hypothesis.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

With no OTA’s and a likely shortened training camp and preseason, it’s a smart move.  Advantage goes to teams with as many returning QB’s, HC’s, and Coordinators as possible.  

Not optimal, but smart in these circumstances.  

SAR I

Fales was a back up diring Gase’s Dolphins regime.

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well we’ll probably bring at least 3 to camp. Not sure they will pay for an experienced backup.after last year you’d think they would. 

Jets fans getting played. This situation stinks all around. An agency takeover.

What a none story. Fales knows the system so if there is no off season we have a backup QB that at least is comfortable. The Jets are still going to sign another QB, most likely a veteran, to compete for the backup role. 
I love when fans “whine” over a signing that is nothing more than an insurance policy.

• Upvote 1