I’ve never seen a WR move like this

He's clearly a great prospect. I wouldn't be upset at all if he was a Jet. 

I just think we'd be going agains the grain in this draft we went WR round 1 and tackle in the mid rounds. If all of our top graded OT's are gone at 11, then I can understand and fully support a Jeudy selection. Otherwise I'd rather have Wills, Thomas or maybe even Josh Jones in the first and take my chances with the surplus WR prospects that will be available in rounds 2-3.

And I'm willing to take two WR's with our three picks in those rounds. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I am kind of shocked he didn’t blow up the combine. His on the field quickness is absurd. His ability to change directions while what appears to be him GAINING speed is absurd. You can’t make a WR in madden run routes like this... this guy is so obviously special it’s stupid.

When you consider Sams ability to improvise outside the pocket and Jeudys tremendous ability to change directions,  the two of them could become special combination, like Manning and Wayne a few years back.  As much as I love Ruggs, if we take Jeudy there is no way I can complain.   Btw if we don't take him I can see him going to the 49ers and his career emulating another "Jerry" at least to a degree.   

• Upvote 4

Jerry Jeudy in the first, AGG, Claypool or Michael Pittman in the 3rd then Joe Reed or Quez Watkins (WR/Returner) in the 5th.  Add those pieces to Crowder, Perriman, Herndon, Griffen, Bell (out of the backfield) and our offense has the potential to be as good as any in football.  Assuming we can grab two quality OT and our FA signings are at least adequate and an upgrade over their counterparts from a year ago. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He's clearly a great prospect. I wouldn't be upset at all if he was a Jet. 

I just think we'd be going agains the grain in this draft we went WR round 1 and tackle in the mid rounds. If all of our top graded OT's are gone at 11, then I can understand and fully support a Jeudy selection. Otherwise I'd rather have Wills, Thomas or maybe even Josh Jones in the first and take my chances with the surplus WR prospects that will be available in rounds 2-3.

And I'm willing to take two WR's with our three picks in those rounds. 

All depends on what you consider as elite talent. and who is available at 11.  Jeudy more than likely will be the best offensive player available at 11.  It would be hard to pass on him (or even Ruggs) to settle for a OT that is less highly rated by Joe D.    Curious; when is the last time this team drafted a true # 1 receiver?   Last one we had was Brandon Marshall and he was already on the decline. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

When you consider Sams ability to improvise outside the pocket and Jeudys tremendous ability to change directions,  the two of them could become special combination, like Manning and Wayne a few years back.  As much as I love Ruggs, if we take Jeudy there is no way I can complain.   Btw if we don't take him I can see him going to the 49ers and his career emulating another "Jerry" at least to a degree.   

I was settled on Ruggs as my WR 1. You make a great point about Jeudy. Now I’m like sh*t. Who would be better on our team? I’d be thrilled with either one. I’m to the point that I’m crossing my fingers we draft one of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

All depends on what you consider as elite talent. and who is available at 11.  Jeudy more than likely will be the best offensive player available at 11.  It would be hard to pass on him (or even Ruggs) to settle for a OT that is less highly rated by Joe D.    Curious; when is the last time this team drafted a true # 1 receiver?   Last one we had was Brandon Marshall and he was already on the decline. 

We’re desperate for offensive tackles. Both Fant and Edoga are gambles and they’re our starters on paper right now.

There are 4-5 good offensive tackle prospects with round one grades.

Offensive tackle is a premium position. 

There are a number of projected 2nd or 3rd round WR’s that have high grades. 

But probably most importantly, if you believe in your quarterback, which I do in ours, then I think a good quarterback with good protection can elevate a solid cast around them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s not fair to Judge Jeudy by his measurables alone.

He's a football player.  An extraordinary  route runner.  And an instinctive one who can quickly size up a situation and change course on a dime.  You can't teach what he does on a football field.  

As I've said before...OT may be the most needed position for the Jets.  But Jeudy is the most needed player...especially for Darnold and Gase's passing game. 

JD can get us in this draft between picks 2-4, a couple of OTs to fortify the OL, and give Darnold enough solid protection.  I truly believe he can.  But IMO, he can't get Jets a more valuable offensive weapon then Jeudy.   Last year's Jets 32nd ranked O needs a dangerous difference maker.  Someone opposing defenses need to worry about.  A player that Darnold...on the move...looking downfield...can rely upon to get open.  Jets need to create an offense that's more in balance with GW's D...if they are to be competitive in the wide open AFCE.  

Also want to point out...this isn't Darnold's first rodeo.  He's not a helpless neophyte.  Give him weapons and I believe he's ready to take it to the next level.

Again....JMO...Jeudy is the most valuable pick if Jets stay at #11.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I was settled on Ruggs as my WR 1. You make a great point about Jeudy. Now I’m like sh*t. Who would be better on our team? I’d be thrilled with either one. I’m to the point that I’m crossing my fingers we draft one of them. 

I feel you. I keep going back and forth between the two of them.... we will probably take an OT or trade down and it will be a moot point.  ?

30 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We’re desperate for offensive tackles. Both Fant and Edoga are gambles and they’re our starters on paper right now.

There are 4-5 good offensive tackle prospects with round one grades.

Offensive tackle is a premium position. 

There are a number of projected 2nd or 3rd round WR’s that have high grades. 

But probably most importantly, if you believe in your quarterback, which I do in ours, then I think a good quarterback with good protection can elevate a solid cast around them. 

Good points.  I guess it will come down to how JD values his board and whom is available at 11.  I am starting to warm up to the possibility to a trade down.   

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The “he’s a slot guy” thing Gives me pause- is this a concern? 

I grew up in the 80’s and still think of prototypical tall outside receivers

Bigtime!! I really hope we don't take this guy.... just got a bad feeling about him. 5'11 and 185 lbs. He ran circles around the kids in college. In the NFL he's going to get banged up and he can't run backwards anymore.

Also seems to much like an OBJ attitude diva to me. Just my opinion but I'm being honest and that's a turnoff. I don't like that type of player.

Go on YouTube and watch an interview with Jerry jeudy. Then watch Antonio Gandy Golden... or Cee Dee Lamb.

Who do you want to listen to week in and week out? Sorry but I have a lot of time invested in this team. I'm not a whore and I actually want to like the guys that we draft and bring in here to represent our team.

Besides Jamal Adams has already cornered the market on the center of the universe! LOL.

thanks anyway I'll pass.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

In terms of the receiving corps - a big physical split end is more of a need IMO.  6’4” - 6’5” type of guy who is open when he isn’t and can put a db on his ass when stalk blocking on the perimeter.

Yes sir!! Go check out some gandy-golden tape

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

All this gushing on Juedy and the WRs means one thing....Jets are going Defense. 

It'll be funny if we choose Lamb everyone will say, "Boooo what are they thinking!? Jeudy was still there!! And so was Thomas and Wirfs!!! JD is a fckin bonehead!" Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

I am kind of shocked he didn’t blow up the combine. His on the field quickness is absurd. His ability to change directions while what appears to be him GAINING speed is absurd. You can’t make a WR in madden run routes like this... this guy is so obviously special it’s stupid.

It's great that I knew exactly who you were talking about before I opened this thread. 

Jeudy will only fall to us because NFL execs fall in love with size or elite speed. 

Jeudy's worst case scenario is Keenan Allen. So unless you are getting an OL that you think is a lock stud (which might also be available at 11), it will be hard to pass on Jeudy.