Tom Brady to go on Stern Show next week to discuss cheating, steroids and Belichick being a jerk

Philc1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It took you all these years to figure out Howard is full of shlt, isn't the honest man he wants you to believe in?

Really?

Sorry im just not as smart as you I guess

btw, keep in mind that he has done a 180 degree turn in the last 5 to 10 years. He used to be great before beth and marci turk

On 4/5/2020 at 2:51 PM, southparkcpa said:

I go back to his show on Channel 9.. he would do Black Face and impersonate Mayor Dinkins.  Howard, in those years, was a staunch republican backer, pro cops, etc. Backed Christina Whitman, Pataki etc. Now.. he licks the taint of Hillary.

Channel 9 was the best. Ill never forget the howiewood squares with the kkk guy center square. Pure gold. I also loved when richard simmons was on with maybe one of his fatty clients?? And they had a cheeseburger on a fishing pole coming down in front of their faces. The game show bits were so good

On 4/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, T0mShane said:

The only person who ever got insanely rich and stayed funny was Bill Murray. Maybe Dave Chappelle. Same stuff happened with O&A. Anthony was hysterical until all of his humor centered on the difficulties he was having getting an in-ground Olympic-sized pool installed at his Long Island manse. 

Thank the #MeToo movement and liberal Hollywood 

if you haven’t seen Dave Chappelle’s Netflix stand up, watch it. He’ll tell you all about it

• WTF? 1

On 4/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  It's hard to be "edgy" while wearing designer jeans.

A big reason Chappelle remained funny and edgy was turning down $50M from Comedy Central.  He passed the "integrity test" with flying colors that day, and continues to be a philosophical voice for the disenfranchised while also being insanely funny.  Hell.  The dude still lives in Ohio.

Dave Chappelle is the GOAT in my lifetime. Richard Pryor was a bit too early for me to put him into the mix.  George Carlin would be my # 2.  

while he never got rich/offered that kind of money - Norm MacDonald is and has always been the lighthouse for the insane. His brand of humor has only aged well and become more salient in todays' economy of funny. He's never waivered from being "Norm".... He's the GOAT for me.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

while he never got rich/offered that kind of money - Norm MacDonald is and has always been the lighthouse for the insane. His brand of humor has only aged well and become more salient in todays' economy of funny. He's never waivered from being "Norm".... He's the GOAT for me.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Thank the #MeToo movement and liberal Hollywood 

if you haven’t seen Dave Chappelle’s Netflix stand up, watch it. He’ll tell you all about it

Holding down all those edgy, hysterical right wing comics, no doubt. Bastards.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

yea haha the moth joke is legendary now lolol.... could anyone else have pulled it off?? 

No way

Has one of the greatest deliveries ever and like you said, is genuinely a nut who doesn’t give a sh*t.

Guys like Bill Burr, Louis C.K., Bob Saget, etc have talked about him purposely bombing on stage just because he thinks it’s funny. He did it at one of the roasts on Comedy Central a few years back. The audience was basically silent while I was laughing my t!ts off.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Holding down all those edgy, hysterical right wing comics, no doubt. Bastards.

Nick Di Paolo’s recent standup was one of the funniest I’ve seen in a while.

Regardless of whether you like Trump or not.

His bit on cigs vs e-cigs was great

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

btw, keep in mind that he has done a 180 degree turn in the last 5 to 10 years. He used to be great before beth and marci turk

You said it yourself then wondered out loud why 

I agree he used to be great.

Difference is I'm thinking back to his NBC am days

On 4/9/2020 at 3:02 PM, HighPitch said:

I get the Beth and Marci Turk things but here’s the two real reasons Howard doesn’t care about his show anymore and has become a celebrity buttkisser:

1. In 2012 Stern lost a lawsuit against Sirius.  He sued alleging breach of contract because he claimed the company promised him a percentage of ownership if he got a number of subscribers- even though that’s not what the actual contract said. 

2.  Jimmy Kimmel

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I get the Beth and Marci Turk things but here’s the two real reasons Howard doesn’t care about his show anymore and has become a celebrity buttkisser:

1. In 2012 Stern lost a lawsuit against Sirius.  He sued alleging breach of contract because he claimed the company promised him a percentage of ownership if he got a number of subscribers- even though that’s not what the actual contract said. 

2.  Jimmy Kimmel

I dont know if i agree with you.

On point 1, he lost and deserved to lose because he couldnt prove the listeners came for him plus the companies merged. Im sure it pissed him off.

On point 2, Somewhat agree. But I think a lot of his hollywood acceptance started about 10 or 15 years ago when the children of stars were old enough to voice their fandom. The old school hollywood guys rejected stern because he was an ass and a troublemaker (the great times) When Howard would go to events as a relative unknown and shake sh*t up it was classic and funny. Secretly some old school guys became fans and their kids overheard Howard. By the times the old schoolers got real old and not as relevent a ton of new schoolers came out openly admitting to liking Howard. That was his first taste at acceptance. Next, the realization that Howard did great interviews, better and different than the garden variety, started being vocalized. This also fed his ego. Finally, he meets Beth, a self absorbed pussy child, and Marci Turk gets involved and together they redirect Howard into the next stage......the crappy stage. 

In comes AGT, just an awful show, and Howard is suddenly prime time. Even dumb asses like maryann praise him for it. Robin praises, gary praises, fred praises. This was the beginnning of the end. AGT was everything he stood against. Just a lame show for lame folks. Add in all the young Hollywooders telling him “ are you kidding me I grew up listening to you with my dad” and “youre the greatest interviewer ever” and thats it. Plus, all these youngsters, Kimmel included, start socializing and having parties in his honor. Marci Turk says “ Told you....glad you took my advice” and suddenly the Pelican briefs start where the show is not the show anymore but a machine to conquer mainstream morons. 

No more jeans and a t shirt

And now its gotten worse as in the last 2 or 3 years hes into politics

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

On point 1, he lost and deserved to lose because he couldnt prove the listeners came for him plus the companies merged. Im sure it pissed him off.

On point 2, Somewhat agree. But I think a lot of his hollywood acceptance started about 10 or 15 years ago when the children of stars were old enough to voice their fandom. The old school hollywood guys rejected stern because he was an ass and a troublemaker (the great times) When Howard would go to events as a relative unknown and shake sh*t up it was classic and funny. Secretly some old school guys became fans and their kids overheard Howard. By the times the old schoolers got real old and not as relevent a ton of new schoolers came out openly admitting to liking Howard. That was his first taste at acceptance. Next, the realization that Howard did great interviews, better and different than the garden variety, started being vocalized. This also fed his ego. Finally, he meets Beth, a self absorbed pussy child, and Marci Turk gets involved and together they redirect Howard into the next stage......the crappy stage. 

In comes AGT, just an awful show, and Howard is suddenly prime time. Even dumb asses like maryann praise him for it. Robin praises, gary praises, fred praises. This was the beginnning of the end. AGT was everything he stood against. Just a lame show for lame folks. Add in all the young Hollywooders telling him “ are you kidding me I grew up listening to you with my dad” and “youre the greatest interviewer ever” and thats it. Plus, all these youngsters, Kimmel included, start socializing and having parties in his honor. Marci Turk says “ Told you....glad you took my advice” and suddenly the Pelican briefs start where the show is not the show anymore but a machine to conquer mainstream morons. 

1.  What happened was Stern’s contract had a loophole which stated that if Sirius and XM subscribers were kept post merger then XM subs wouldn’t count towards the number required for the ownership clause to vest.

2.  Howard has always wanted to sit at the cool kids table of Hollywood.  I mention Kimmel his BFF because he provided a the connection Howard wanted to be friends with phony douchebags like Ashton Kutcher and Gwynneth Paltrow

On 4/14/2020 at 9:41 AM, HighPitch said:

I don't blame Howard for losing his original interview style and going to more a kiss ass, flattering banter.  Letterman was really the last celeb interviewer to get away with being able to take celebs down a peg while carrying the seal of approval of the audience.  And I honestly think Howard has lost that ability too.  Because part of what he did was make fun of them... or get undeniably improper with them.  It led to this hilarious, spontaneous moment where they were fans and not celebs.  Plus being interviewed by Howard kind of carried this hip seal of that certain celebs craved.  Look at Schwarzenegger.  That doesn't happen any more really.  I don't think in any show like that.  (Well.  Maybe the Eric Andre show.  Between Two Ferns?  But those are more skit shows than actual interview shows.)  But I feel that type of informal celeb chat routine is pretty much dead.  P.R. screens everything now.  And celebs certainly aren't going to be caught at a point where you can see how dumb they are or how human they are.  In the age of social media, those dollar signs or brand relevancy can take a hit in a nano-second.  Howard is just as homogenized as every other broadcast media format out there.  If celebs are caught unawares it's probably on TMZ or a leaked Twitch video of them saying something stupid.  Because everything else is just meant to be public relations while plugging something.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, Untouchable said:

No way

Has one of the greatest deliveries ever and like you said, is genuinely a nut who doesn’t give a sh*t.

Guys like Bill Burr, Louis C.K., Bob Saget, etc have talked about him purposely bombing on stage just because he thinks it’s funny. He did it at one of the roasts on Comedy Central a few years back. The audience was basically silent while I was laughing my t!ts off.

Years ago he was on Millioniare.  He did amazing, but he either was just guessing, or was acting like he was just guessing.

He gets to thee 500,000 mark (for charity) and is willing to go for the million, and it is just amazing to watch.  The final question starts at 25:14, but even the question before is amazing.  "I'm not gay, so I don't know much about Broadway Musicals"

27 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Years ago he was on Millioniare.  He did amazing, but he either was just guessing, or was acting like he was just guessing.

He gets to thee 500,000 mark (for charity) and is willing to go for the million, and it is just amazing to watch.  The final question starts at 25:14, but even the question before is amazing.  "I'm not gay, so I don't know much about Broadway Musicals"

Norm's a genius.  I seriously think he's into time travel or something.  I watched his old SNL jokes and he literally has the same punchline every week.  But the jokes dont make any sense.  It was just playing on the fact that the audience was too hip to acknowledge they didn't understand what the jokes were.  Make the premise and the punch line have no random connection..  Like every other punch line is about Frank Stallone or "some old rich white guy.." But you watch the SNL clips now and it's like he's trolling the entire show.  Years later.  It actually does make sense when you watch combined clips of the show.  That is some Andy Kaufman level baiting.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I don't blame Howard for losing his original interview style and going to more a kiss ass, flattering banter.  Letterman was really the last celeb interviewer to get away with being able to take celebs down a peg while carrying the seal of approval of the audience.  And I honestly think Howard has lost that ability too.  Because part of what he did was make fun of them... or get undeniably improper with them.  It led to this hilarious, spontaneous moment where they were fans and not celebs.  Plus being interviewed by Howard kind of carried this hip seal of that certain celebs craved.  Look at Schwarzenegger.  That doesn't happen any more really.  I don't think in any show like that.  (Well.  Maybe the Eric Andre show.  Between Two Ferns?  But those are more skit shows than actual interview shows.)  But I feel that type of informal celeb chat routine is pretty much dead.  P.R. screens everything now.  And celebs certainly aren't going to be caught at a point where you can see how dumb they are or how human they are.  In the age of social media, those dollar signs or brand relevancy can take a hit in a nano-second.  Howard is just as homogenized as every other broadcast media format out there.  If celebs are caught unawares it's probably on TMZ or a leaked Twitch video of them saying something stupid.  Because everything else is just meant to be public relations while plugging something.

Not sure he ever was all that brilliant an interviewer. He asked stupid off the wall obnoxious questions. When you are the biggest shock jock, that works. When the internet takes over the shock real estate, you have to actually ask questions to get you subject to talk. Saw an interview with Robert Plant did with Dan Rather on AXS over the weekend.  Now, I admit to detesting his politics, but when the guy talks to musicians, he gets it. He asks them provocative questions, asks them interesting stuff, like what is it like for Robert Plant to live in  Texas, and why did he move back. it was engaging and interesting. Sure  they did some pre interview stuff with Plant, but so what, if you don't sell the subject's projects a bit nobody will want to talk to you, except morons. It sounds like Rather (or his staff)  actually did some homework, something Stern doesn't do. Seen a bunch of others like that-Rather has done, like Greg Allman, Neil Young, Gene Simmons. A 60+ man asking Tom Brady about a another guys' dick, uh....no thanks.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not sure he ever was all that brilliant an interviewer. He asked stupid off the wall obnoxious questions. When you are the biggest shock jock, that works. When the internet takes over the shock real estate, you have to actually ask questions to get you subject to talk. Saw an interview with Robert Plant did with Dan Rather on AXS over the weekend.  Now, I admit to detesting his politics, but when the guy talks to musicians, he gets it. He asks them provocative questions, asks them interesting stuff, like what is it like for Robert Plant to live in  Texas, and why did he move back. it was engaging and interesting. Sure  they did some pre interview stuff with Plant, but so what, if you don't sell the subject's projects a bit nobody will want to talk to you, except morons. It sounds like Rather (or his staff)  actually did some homework, something Stern doesn't do. Seen a bunch of others like that-Rather has done, like Greg Allman, Neil Young, Gene Simmons. A 60+ man asking Tom Brady about a another guys' dick, uh....no thanks.

I should watch more of those AXS shows he hosts.  Gotten a bit tired of the podcast routine lately.  Joe Rogan and Mark Maron just aren't my thing.  (Actually.  Who am I kidding.  I haven't listen to those guys in a couple of years.)  Getting too old to stay hip.

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

I should watch more of those AXS shows he hosts.  Gotten a bit tired of the podcast routine lately.  Joe Rogan and Mark Maron just aren't my thing.  (Actually.  Who am I kidding.  I haven't listen to those guys in a couple of years.)  Getting too old to stay hip.

Rogan’s podcast is an infomercial for UFC and ridiculous all meat diets