Clowney dropping his price...

5 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Clowney is a bust

Vernon Gholston was/is a bust. 

But I've never heard of a team (Houston) applying and using their franchise tag on a "bust". 

I've also never heard of a "bust" who's been selected to 3 Pro Bowls and an All-Pro. 

And I've never seen the NFL create top 100 player video's for "busts" either. 

You're more of a bust as a poster than Clowney has ever been as an awesome football player. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

How is he a 3 time Pro Bowler when his best 3 seasons were 9.5, 9 and 6 sacks?
Jenkins had 15 the last two years and he s getting 5 million to play this year.

Clowney brings much more to the table than just sacks... he is a very disruptive player which requires other teams to have to assign 2 players to deal with him which allows his teammates to make more plays.

For 15m a year I would be All in.

11 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Clowney brings much more to the table than just sacks... he is a very disruptive player which requires other teams to have to assign 2 players to deal with him which allows his teammates to make more plays.

Disruptive.  Double teams.  Tying up blockers.

That sounds lika a quote about Leonard Williams, a player we couldnt get out of here fast enough.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Was listening to Tony Pauline on his podcast this morning.

Tony said he's hearing that Clowney's asking price is even lower than what's being reported. It could be under 15 million.  The market has collapsed, and teams are worried that Clowney will mail it in once he gets paid.

Says ultimately Clowney may end up staying in Seattle, also because of the inability to examine and talk to players (Clowney does have an injury history).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He would immediately be the best, most impactful player on the roster.  Why most fans don’t want him is shocking to me.

Most fans here would rather sign 3 Jags for 18 million and be excited that we got a good deal.

That's the worst kept secret on this site lol.

Most posters have a bargain bin hunting mentality 

• Upvote 2

No idea who this is, but here’s his recap of what’s going on. Take it with a grain of salt. 

Here is another recap on whats goin down with the #Jets: JD is negotiating with Clowney, has his price around 15 mill
#Jets think B.Cooks will be released, will inquire then
Trent Williams trade may happen draft night if Jets miss out on desired tackle
Ngakoue trade unlikley
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He would immediately be the best, most impactful player on the roster.  Why most fans don’t want him is shocking to me.

Most fans here would rather sign 3 Jags for 18 million and be excited that we got a good deal.

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sacks. Sacks Sacks. That's all that counts to some people. If it was an indicator of the kind of player he was, he never would have sniffed a pro bowl. People who earn their living breaking down game tape, obviously think he's an impact player.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

40 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

No idea who this is, but here’s his recap of what’s going on. Take it with a grain of salt. 

Here is another recap on whats goin down with the #Jets: JD is negotiating with Clowney, has his price around 15 mill
Ngakoue trade unlikley

Dunno who the fck Ryan Rossi - but these all sound like realistic/plausible rumors... 

I'd imagine we've given Clowney's agent a "call us if you wanna sign for this number.... I'm not crazy about Cooks, but clearly we're in the market.... and I absolutely see Trent Williams as a possibility if the Tackle situation doesn't go as planned. 

49 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Ngakoue trade unlikley

Lots of irons in the fire.  I like JD's patience.  So different than the drunken sailor on shore leave approach to free agency.

• Upvote 1