Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

But that doesn't necessarily mean immediately no?

They could wait until after the draft before the season starts or even mid season. I'm assuming high pick means a 1st rounder, but I'm sure their 2021 1st rounder won't be as high as it was this year. Probably Top 25, but not Top 20

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

You don't pick a guy at 6 a couple years ago, watch him become a 2 time all pro who isn't even in his prime, then trade him for a middle of the 1st round gamble.  It's absurd.

Middle 1st is actually a great return. The reason top picks have so much value is because in theory you're getting elite players on rookie deals. Dallas gets him for less than his full deal, which means they pay less than what we did for him. If Douglas gets a mid-rounder on top of that he deserves a medal.

That said I don't think the Jets should trade Adams unless someone is overpaying by a considerable amount. Makes zero sense.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Pac said:

You don't pick a guy at 6 a couple years ago, watch him become a 2 time all pro who isn't even in his prime, then trade him for a middle of the 1st round gamble.  It's absurd.

Giving Jamal a monster contract right now is good for Jamal but not a top priority.  JD knows he'll have to pay him and Darnold soon which is the reason for all these 1 year contracts. 

Now if Dallas wants to offer a pro bowl O-lineman and a 3rd rounder then we can talk.

I'd take there first round pick for Jamal. If they added an o lineman or a 4th rounder also, then that's just pudding on top of the cake

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Love the guys game... but every time stuff like this comes up with Dallas, Jamal responds.

Maybe it's just Twitter, but I could see him being one of those players that pushes himself out

He's an ego maniac that likes when people talk about him..  his big ego is the reason he's great.  he's also likely stuck in the house like the rest of us so has the time to react.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Not gonna lie, if he didn’t respond to it I’d say whatever but he’s so annoying. Get rid of him for a 1st and a 4th or Tyron Smith and a 4th.

Annoying or not I want the best possible deal if we do trade him.  Dallas probably thinks eventually we will panic and just give him away for as cheap as possible.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

That's why you're in California eating in and out burgers and watching The Witcher on Netflix for the 7th time, and JD is at his house in NJ pouring over game tape.  He won't make bro moves in an effort to prove he's smaht.

Believe it or not I don't want Douglas to trade Adams. And I actually dislike Jamal Adams very much.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

I would need at least a 1st and 3rd at the very minimum 

Why? Get darnold a franchise LT and a stud # 1Wr all in the first Rd.

Would you rather have becton and lamb for example or becton and Jamal. Personally, I'd take the offensive help. Darnold needs it. 

Also Im not sure it's smart to pay a safety 17 mill a season.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Giving Adams a monster contract right now or at any time will restrict the jets from paying Sam and other IMPORTANT positions.

Adams is a box safety - that is all.

Even if that is the case I’m not trading him just for the 17th overall pick.  Pain in the ass or not the kid is very good and we need a bigtime return 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

That's why you're in California eating in and out burgers and watching The Witcher on Netflix for the 7th time, and JD is at his house in NJ pouring over game tape.  He won't make bro moves in an effort to prove he's smaht.

Did you ever play the game?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

He's an ego maniac that likes when people talk about him..  his big ego is the reason he's great.  he's also likely stuck in the house like the rest of us so has the time to react.

He's an ego maniac that likes when people talk about him..  his big ego is the reason he THINKS he's great.  he's also likely stuck in the house like the rest of us so has the time to react.

FIXED

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Would you rather have becton and lamb for example or becton and Jamal. Personally, I'd take the offensive help. Darnold needs it. 

When did I ever say we should pay him?  I’m fine with trading but but I need a big return otherwise we are just doing what Dallas  wants which is to panic and accept a cheaper return 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Especially when you can get one for 1.7 M

• Upvote 3