Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

As far as wrs go in this draft, i would only trade Adams for one of the top 3.  Maybe I’m in the minority.  I wouldn’t get the 17th pick for him thinking that the only way i can turn Adams into the prospect I want is to trade up from 17.  Not that this really matters.  

I was saying we trade up from 11, not 17.  

It's impossible to trade up from 11 where we stand.  It's more likely we trade DOWN.  Add 17 and a mid-rounder and now we have enough ammo to do that if we'd like and still have plenty of picks.

10 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Technically, Tyron Smith and the #17 is two first rounders.

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

if this is the trade then i'd do it.  i love jamal and want to pay him but that's irresistible. 

$5.3 million dead money to Cowboys if they trade him.  Acccording to OTC, they have under $15 M in cap space right now.  That trade would bring them to under 10.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I thought he traded him to the Bills or something.

Nope, Belichick straight up cut him.  1 week before the season began.  And he was team captain coming off 106 straight starts, too.  

https://www.deseret.com/2003/9/3/19782063/patriots-cut-captain-lawyer-milloy

The Pats then proceeded to go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl that season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

$5.3 million dead money to Cowboys if they trade him.  Acccording to OTC, they have under $15 M in cap space right now.  That trade would bring them to under 10.

You're wrong.

Dallas has $15m in cap, if Smith is traded that frees up an additional $8m in cap bringing them to $23m not to mention freeing up whatever cap space would have been used to pay the #17 pick.

19 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

You're wrong.

Dallas has $15m in cap, if Smith is traded that frees up an additional $8m in cap bringing them to $23m not to mention freeing up whatever cap space would have been used to pay the #17 pick.

if they trade him, they will have 5 million hit the cap in dead money for him.  Doubtful that he goes anywhere.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, Belichick straight up cut him.  1 week before the season began.  And he was team captain coming off 106 straight starts, too.  

https://www.deseret.com/2003/9/3/19782063/patriots-cut-captain-lawyer-milloy

The Pats then proceeded to go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl that season.

That's right.  Then he signed with the Bills on his own accord.  I remember that.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:21 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly. 

Some of these posters are truly clueless regarding Jamal Adams. They laugh off the fact that he's considered one of the very best all around players within the game today.

Even after...

I can't wait to see how bad they laugh once he's considered a top 20 player amongst his peers (after his First-team All-Pro selection). 

Or better yet, how bad we get to laugh @ them, lol. 

how come your boy is usually a day late and a dollar short in coverage. I have lost count on the many times he has blow coverage, taken a very poor angle on coverages  or worse gets his ass beat like a drum.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

9 minutes ago, SOJ said:

how come your boy is usually a day late and a dollar short in coverage. I have lost count on the many times he has blow coverage, taken a very poor angle on coverages  or worse gets his ass beat like a drum.  

Yeah but his dance moves tho

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

if they trade him, they will have 5 million hit the cap in dead money for him.  Doubtful that he goes anywhere.

Again, I'm not saying you are wrong, he will count $5M against their cap if traded as opposed to $13.5M if he stays. My point is that if he is moved they will recoup $8M of that, not decrease, as you mentioned in the previous post.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

There’s a statute of limitations for explaining that trading for assets is a good idea?

There's a cap to the strength of an argument when the last successful supporting evidence was 20 years ago. 

15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I get it man. And he tweets. yep.  Trade him. 

Never given the remotest care about his social media. He is a very good safety. Fair to note; he has not been a Polamalu/Reed/Lott game changer very often. But if you can lock down  a primo WR and a rock LT with your pick and the pick you would get for him, it's a no brainer. You can sign a fill in safety with a minimal drop in production for a fraction of the numbers Adams wants.

• Upvote 3

On 4/1/2020 at 9:48 PM, Rhg1084 said:

More Jamal rumors circling 

A1145B94-5EF7-49B1-91A1-31D9F5A63230.png

Insulting to even consider Dallas's #17 overall for Jamal Adams.

I want their #17 pick, their second round pick for this year, and next years 2nd round draft pick and their next years 3rd round pick for our next years 5th round pick.

• Haha 1

Just now, Alka said:

Insulting to even consider Dallas's #17 overall for Jamal Adams.

I want their #17 pick, their second round pick for this year, and next years 2nd round draft pick and their next years 3rd round pick for our next years 5th round pick.

And David Putney.  

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, SOJ said:

This is just factually incorrect. He’s very good in coverage and has been improving since his rookie year. He has stone hands but claiming he gets beat consistently is wrong.

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is just factually incorrect. He’s very good in coverage and has been improving since his rookie year. He has stone hands but claiming he gets beat consistently is wrong.

On throws over the middle he does.  When he's in standard 2-deep coverage a good QB eats him alive, consistently.  I've seen it a lot.  

His limited athleticism is a problem.  Even if his instincts are on point, he's not always quick enough to get there.  Hence why he has only 2 INTs.  A more athletic Safety can jump passes easier.

That's why people deserve to let laughed at anytime they breathe Jamal's name in the same breath as guys like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor.  Those guys had off-the-charts athleticism to go with their high football instincts and intelligence.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

On throws over the middle he does.  When he's in standard 2-deep coverage a good QB eats him alive, consistently.  I've seen it a lot.  

His limited athleticism is a problem.  Even if his instincts are on point, he's not always quick enough to get there.  Hence why he has only 2 INTs.  A more athletic Safety can jump passes easier.

That's why people deserve to let laughed at anytime they breathe Jamal's name in the same breath as guys like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor.  Those guys had off-the-charts athleticism to go with their high football instincts and intelligence.

He's not the rangiest guy but he's exceptional in man coverage and all coverage stats indicate that it's true. Jamal has 2 issues with picks: 1) He doesn't play deep very often (IDK if its because he can't or because he can do everything else) 2) He has stone hands. He's dropped multiple easy INTs. 

Jamal Adams is good. He's one of the best coverage guys and he can do alot. My issue with him is that he clearly wants to end up in Dallas and he wants to be paid a lot of money. Take the draft picks and build the team around Sam. An adequate Safety + a great OL is a better team than what we have. 

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Never given the remotest care about his social media. He is a very good safety. Fair to note; he has not been a Polamalu/Reed/Lott game changer very often. But if you can lock down  a primo WR and a rock LT with your pick and the pick you would get for him, it's a no brainer. You can sign a fill in safety with a minimal drop in production for a fraction of the numbers Adams wants.

A team like Dallas can pay Zeke, Cooper, Dak and everybody else and the Jets somehow can not pay our all pro safety?  Come on man.

It's funny around here lately. suddenly safety is a throw away position. It's not that. As a matter of fact the Eagles placed a premium on Safeties over corners the year they went to the Super Bowl. Look it up. It's real. 

I can get with the midset that when making the choice between a premium LT and a premium SS you should choose LT, but it's not that. We have zero problem getting a LT and paying an all pro safety. None at all.  We could have added Robbie into the mix and would still have the cash to pay Jamal if we want to.  

And this fantasy that someone is offering a 1st and 3rd is just that. Fantasy. It was made up as a hypothetical by fans to have a discussion. Akin to what would you do if you won the lottery convos.  It's not real. It's just become real somehow. I think it was @Jetsfan80 actually.  :) 

Now... for $hites and bubbles let's say we were honestly being offered that deal, which we're not, I would at minimum consider it. But not because I don't value safeties. because of the potential value offered for one player. 

I'm not a Jamal fanboy. I'm a Jets fan and he's one of the best players we;'ve ever drafted. I'm not in the same hurry to get rid of him its all. 

Ps.I love Lonnie Young ! (FS I Know) 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick cuts or trades his strong safety every year. He straight up cut Lawyer Milloy once. 

You're wrong. 

Lawyer Milloy was not "his" Safety as the likes of Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Ted Johnson, Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy were already Patriots before Belichick's arrival to N.E (he never built that legendary defense; it was there and already waiting for him). 

And Bill has always valued the SS position, because he immediately replaced Milloy with an awesome SS in Rodney Harrison that same exact year and Harrison was an amazing SS as a former 2x SB Champion, 2x Pro Bowler, 3x First-team All-Pro, 1x Second-team All-Pro and a N.E Patriots Hall of Fame member and lasted 6 years as BB's SS. 

Bill's always loved him some hard hitting SS's and not even Rodney Harrison was a Pro Bowler nor an All-Pro only 3 years into his career as is Jamal Adams (didn't make his 1st one's until his 5th season in the league). 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're wrong. 

Lawyer Milloy was not "his" Safety as the likes of Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Ted Johnson, Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy were already Patriots before Belichick's arrival to N.E (he never built that legendary defense; it was there and already waiting for him). 

And Bill has always valued the SS position, because he immediately replaced Milloy with an awesome SS in Rodney Harrison that same exact year and Harrison was an amazing SS as a former 2x SB Champion, 2x Pro Bowler, 3x First-team All-Pro, 1x Second-team All-Pro and a N.E Patriots Hall of Fame member and lasted 6 years as BB's SS. 

Bill's always loved him some hard hitting SS's and not even Rodney Harrison was a Pro Bowler nor an All-Pro only 3 years into his career as is Jamal Adams (didn't make his 1st one's until his 5th season in the league). 

You got me there. I forgot about Rodney Harrison. Because he retired 12 years ago. He also had 10 INTs in his first three years in the league, during which he only started 16 games. That’s a lot of ball production.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You got me there. I forgot about Rodney Harrison. Because he retired 12 years ago. He also had 10 INTs in his first three years in the league, during which he only started 16 games. That’s a lot of ball production.

He has since replaced Harrison with the immortal Patrick Chung and other players.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

too bad Ed Reed was a free safety and rightfully did most of his damage in coverage 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Jamal Adams is good. He's one of the best coverage guys and he can do alot. My issue with him is that he clearly wants to end up in Dallas and he wants to be paid a lot of money. Take the draft picks and build the team around Sam. An adequate Safety + a great OL is a better team than what we have. 

Why do you say he wants to end up in Dallas? I haven’t seen any articles quoting him on that. 

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He's not the rangiest guy but he's exceptional in man coverage and all coverage stats indicate that it's true. Jamal has 2 issues with picks: 1) He doesn't play deep very often (IDK if its because he can't or because he can do everything else) 2) He has stone hands. He's dropped multiple easy INTs. 

I believe the numbers are skewed because he’s in man coverage relatively rarely. I don’t have PFF Premium because #****thosenerds, but I remember seeing that stat a few months ago.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:36 PM, Skeet Ulrich said:

It's like putting a $5000 sound system in a 92 Hyundai Elantra with 350,000 miles on it: yeah it's nice, but you're kinda missing the big picture.

More like putting the $5,000 sound system in that 92 Hyundai - while the tires are bald, engine barely works, exhaust system is banging and AC is only throwing out heat. 

A new sound system would be awesome but it’s simply a luxury you can’t afford. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

More like putting the $5,000 sound system in that 92 Hyundai - while the tires are bald, engine barely works, exhaust system is banging and AC is only throwing out heat. 

A new sound system would be awesome but it’s simply a luxury you can’t afford. 

The bass, though.

• Haha 3